Do you remember 11 years ago, when a new website came into existence offering a small collection of Rayman music? People were excited and shared it on the new RaymanZone forums, only to quickly get banned. Nevertheless, the news kept spreading and the site kept growing, with 3 new tracks being added per day. Over the years, that collection has grown to near completion, accompanied with an evolving design of the website.
I am delighted to announce that after all of these redesigns, RayTunes has just received its biggest upgrade ever!
→ Click here to visit the new RayTunes! ←
RayTunes 5.0 allows you to play every song in the collection on the website itself, and construct playlists with them. This was part of the original idea for RayTunes and the old web radio, but was never really achieved until now.
You can now also download an MP3 archive for every soundtrack, and FLAC archives for most of them too.
The new design is also just much easier on the eyes than the 4 designs before it - even on mobile it now looks and feels fantastic (there's swiping!).
Should you prefer different colors, you can always click the little gear icon in the bottom right corner to choose a different theme. There are lots of options!
However, the content update is even bigger: over 19GB out of the 21GB on RayTunes now was updated - and that's 6GB more than the old collection!
Every single soundtrack now has new or improved album art, better track names and tags. Sounds boring? Think again! Along with these smaller updates, a lot of the content has been renewed:
- NEW SOUNDTRACK: Rayman Educational Games (with all music from Rayman Dictées, Éveil, CP, Maternelle and Activity Centre)
- NEW SOUNDTRACK: Rayman Pocket PC
- NEW SOUNDTRACK: Tonic Trouble Special Edition (thank you kooz!)
- Rayman 1: Added 2 beta tracks
- Rayman 2: Added beta tracks from the RRR prototype
- Rayman 3: Added many beta tracks
- Rayman Origins: Added Fresco tracks from the VITA version
- Rayman 1 GBA: New rip with better quality than before
- Rayman 3 GBA: Completely new rip with perfect noiseless quality (better than an actual GBA) and extra tracks
- Rayman Hoodlums' Revenge: New recording with slightly better quality than before
- Rayman 2 N64: Reconversion from lossless format, changed all track names
- Rayman Raving Rabbids GBA: Completely new recording with better quality and many unused tracks and jingles
- Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 DS: Named and tagged tracks to form a proper soundtrack
- Rayman mobile soundtracks: Created MP3/FLAC files using the best soundfont I could find (MIDI files are still included in the ZIP archives), identified composers
Code: Select all
OH SEE THOSE PRETTY FRUITS ON A TRAAAAAAAAAAAYY~
... Ahem. The format for the bbcode is just "<game>-<tracknumber>". Sometimes, the <game> part can be hard to guess, so if you're ever in doubt, click the share button next to a track on RayTunes and you'll be able to copy the bbcode to your clipboard. I think I tested it pretty well, but if you ever find any bugs with it or with the website itself, please let me know and I'll do my best to get it fixed.
PS: I'm hoping someone else will post a small message about this on the French RayTunes forums for me... my French is pretty terrible nowadays, I haven't spoken it in years! Thank you boomboleros7!