Live Action Shows

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Bzzit
El Stomacho
Tings: 24529

Re: Live Action Shows

Post by Bzzit »

What is a "LSA sitcom"?
Rayman is the best man
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano
Tings: 675

Post by Ambidextroid »

"Live studio audience", which I know drives a lot of people off shows and I'm not a fan myself but I don't tend to mind as long as the jokes are actually funny.
Bzzit
El Stomacho

Post by Bzzit »

Ohhh right. I usually just refer to them as "Laugh Track" sitcoms. I'm not a fan of them either, much prefer sitcoms with convincing scenarios and characters, as if I'm watching real people in real situations, without the canned laughter and mechanical feel

There's a couple I like though, such as Alan Partridge stuff.
Rayman is the best man
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Ohh man, I remember watching some of IT Crowd when I was younger, I loved it. I should watch the whole thing at some point.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Bzzit wrote:Interesting. What did you like better about it?
Both the characters and the story. In Breaking Bad, I found the protagonists' incessant blunders (some of which it's hard to believe a high-level scientist would make) to be quite irritating, especially because they're mostly used as a cheap way of introducing new predicament to keep the story going. In fact, the storyline follows the same "all is well >problem arises > problem solved, all is well" pattern throughout the series. At some point, you just get bored of seeing the main characters fuck it all up again for no apparent reason whatsoever other than keeping the series going.

Better Call Saul, on the other hand, feels a lot less repetitive and the characters are a lot more developed, interesting and complex (or at least, less manichaean).
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Young Sheldon? Come on… It's funny to hear the stories, but I can't imagine a series actually showing his youthful escapades to be that good. :|
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

I'm sure it'll be loaded with lots of cringeworthy "bazingas," given how it's pretty much been made his catchphrase.
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

I doubt it will last more than one season. Just by watching the first look video made me cringe a few times.
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 453317

Post by Hoodcom »

Just watched a couple of episodes of Home Improvement on TV, man how I really enjoy the show. Even watched some Rosanne and Last Man Standing. :o
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

Say, does anyone in the UK watch that gaming TV show that's on Dave at the moment called Go 8-Bit? That and Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners have been my main watches in the past month or so.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Bzzit
El Stomacho

Post by Bzzit »

i Saw some episodes of it last year and quite enjoyed it. I need to check out the newer episodes though
Rayman is the best man
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Well, Game of Thrones just started again. Hope it'll be an eventful season. :mefiant:
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano

Post by Ambidextroid »

I didn't like Breaking Bad either, though I suppose I didn't actually finish it. I didn't think Walter's character was actually that good, he just seemed like an erratic prick.
Also I still haven't got around to watching GoT...
Bzzit
El Stomacho

Post by Bzzit »

I enjoyed the GOT S7 premire, however, Ed Sheeran stuck out like a sore thumb and felt like a pointless addition
Rayman is the best man
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

There's a programme that's on ITV at the moment called the Secret World of Posh Pets and it's about people who own exotic pets or spend thousands on normal pets. Like this woman who spent £4k on a dog wedding and the chihuahua involved looks humiliated.

But then let's all be lucky we're all not falcon breeders and have to wear a hat...
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Filming I think has wrapped for Robot Wars Series 10 a while back, but we've still not got a release date for it. I've heard that they've changed the competition's format this time. Hopefully it'll be something which will mean that disabling robots won't be as crippling as it has been for Series 8 and 9.
Bzzit
El Stomacho

Post by Bzzit »

What made it crippling? :o

Just finished re-watching Vikings.

Loved series and 3 and 4 much more than i did the first time round, (think binge watching helped the story flow better) and consider it to be one of my all time favourite shows

Will be interesting to see how the show progresses from this point onward thanks to quite a significant shift
Rayman is the best man
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

The main tactic in Series 8 and 9 was to damage robots as much as possible, this was because robots had multiple battles in a league. Since there was a time limit between fights to repair robots, later battles in a league could become very underwhelming as robots were too badly damaged and couldn't be repaired sufficiently, leading to battles where it was less of a fight, and more of a flail.

I did like them adding the "Rogue House Robot" feature in Series 9, it gave an element of risk to trying to activate the pit, something which was rather often done in Series 8, to the potential detriment of battles. Though some believe that it's rigged, and activates not by chance, but when producers want to make an entertaining spectacle. I don't speculate on the thing, but I'd hope it wasn't the case.
Bzzit
El Stomacho

Post by Bzzit »

Hmmm, interesting. I haven't seen it in years. I'll have to check it out.

Already watched the leaked Game of Thrones episode and found it to be phenomenal. Gonna watch it in better quality later tonight
Rayman is the best man
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano

Post by Ambidextroid »

I'm going to watch some good old Attenborough, if that even really counts as live action