Rayman himself

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
WizardMinecraft
Électoon
Tings: 7

Re: Rayman himself

Post by WizardMinecraft »

Polokus wrote:Probs been mentioned before but I've only just realised!

Why is Rayman always asleep?
at the start of (almost) ever game the lazy s.o.b is sleeping. :lol: :lol:

Why?, is it just a recurring quirk or is there any reason you can think of?

Maybe Its Due To The Fact Rayman Doesn't Have Nothing Better To Do If There Isn't A Villain To Face.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Haruka wrote:Well, that Instagram post surely opens room for speculation. Does this means that the UbiArt games aren't really cannon? Would be funny actually to think about it :mryellow:. Now then, it is pretty vague. He could be just saying that for just saying "what people want to read" or talking for real. As far they do bring a 3D title on surface I do not really care if it is a 4, or any other name.
Well, as I was saying to boombo, maybe it's Rayman 3 he's ignoring, since he didn't work on it, and then he's treating the UbiArt games as one long adventure. :mrgreen:
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Bit ironic then, given that's a Rayman 3 statue he's musing over. :P
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Maybe when he called it "pathetic" he was actually referring to that ignominious incarnation of his character!
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Perhaps, but he still used it as a basis for his UbiArt designs, and wholesale for Raving Rabbids.
CHRdutch
El Stomacho
Tings: 23733

Post by CHRdutch »

Maybe he was trying to say that he thinks that that shitty thrash game called "Rayman 3" belongs in a pawn shop.
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
Thebananacrafter!
Robot Ninja
Tings: 3345

Post by Thebananacrafter! »

I wonder how Rayman eats, ya know? he has no neck or throat, does he just have a portal in his mouth that goes to his stomach? its just real strange
HEY callin from Springfeel
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

Thebananacrafter! wrote:I wonder how Rayman eats, ya know? he has no neck or throat, does he just have a portal in his mouth that goes to his stomach? its just real strange
I think Rayman does have arms, legs and a neck. They are probably just imaginary. :hehe:
Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Thebananacrafter! wrote:I wonder how Rayman eats, ya know? he has no neck or throat, does he just have a portal in his mouth that goes to his stomach? its just real strange
I think Rayman does have arms, legs and a neck. They are probably just imaginary. :hehe:
Michel Ancel said that he was worried that Rayman's arms and legs would break. And so because of that, he didn't make limbs for him.
Aaron
Vendeur

Post by Aaron »

By the way, I really like how he charges up his fist in Rayman 2 and then after a while electric sparks come out. It looks really cool!
And I also love how also in Rayman 2, if you don't do anything for a while an idle animation will play where Rayman takes his hoodie out and spins it like a basketball.
That's pretty cool too.
WizardMinecraft
Électoon
Tings: 7

Post by WizardMinecraft »

Aaron wrote: Michel Ancel said that he was worried that Rayman's arms and legs would break. And so because of that, he didn't make limbs for him.
Rayman's limbs could break if he did some moves that are impossible to do without Causing injury to yourself in real life. (i.e walking up 45 degree ramps)
Aaron
Vendeur

Post by Aaron »

Yeah, you're right.
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

Aaron, Don't forget that you are not supposed to double-post. That's a "No-no" here. You only need to wait until someone else posts in order to post again.
But otherwise, use the Edit Button. (which is the icon with the square and little pencil) :wink:

The animation that I like is in Rayman Revolution where Rayman fires a charged shot and he looks as if he actually doing a "Kame-Hame-Ha" from Dragon Ball Z.
Aaron wrote:Michel Ancel said that he was worried that Rayman's arms and legs would break. And so because of that, he didn't make limbs for him.
Oh, well that's interesting. It is like a doctor's recommendation.
Aaron
Vendeur

Post by Aaron »

The Kame-Hame-Ha is pretty cool too! Oh, and sorry for double-posting. I didn't know that it wasn't allowed. :oops2:
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

Is anyone else confused at the fact that in the cutscene where Rayman discovers that Clark is sick in the Menhir Hills, this question is asked to Rayman?

Clark asked: "Hey little buddy, you wanna arm wrestle?
He doesn't actually have any arms. I didn't really realize this thought when I was younger.
Aaron
Vendeur

Post by Aaron »

Yeah, now that I actually think about it, I never realized that before! How come the developers didn't think of that?
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

that's probably the joke
Aaron
Vendeur

Post by Aaron »

Oh, okay then. :D
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

R4Y_ANC3L wrote:Is anyone else confused at the fact that in the cutscene where Rayman discovers that Clark is sick in the Menhir Hills, this question is asked to Rayman?

Clark asked: "Hey little buddy, you wanna arm wrestle?
He doesn't actually have any arms. I didn't really realize this thought when I was younger.
Not really. That's clearly a play on the fact that Rayman doesn't have any arms, and since he doesn't, how could he possibly arm wrestle!? :fou2: :oops2:
Polokus
Ugly
Tings: 675

Post by Polokus »

Just came across an article there about how Scotland has been voted the number one most Beautiful country!
So I started to have a browse through Google images and honestly, The first thing that came to mind was Rayman, I seriously thought I was looking at real life renditions or Rayman's World.
I know Rayman is obviously French if confined to earth but Michel most definitely took some inspiration from Scotland for the scenery design.

I also found out that Scotland has the biggest range of "Geographical Features" from rocky, snow cap mountains and white sandy beaches to vast forests and lakes. (And The Waterfalls :shock: )

Even things like the Loch Ness Monster and the overall mystical fairytale like vibe feel like their plucked straight from a Rayman game.

What do you guys think, obviously Rayman could take influence from anywhere, but take a look at some pictures of Scotland and see if you understand what I mean, i'm curious :D