Megaman Discussion

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which Megaman series is your favourite?

Megaman (Classic)
61%
Megaman X
33%
Megaman Zero
6%
Megaman Legends
No votes
Megaman Battle Network
No votes
Megaman ZX
No votes
Megaman Star Force
No votes

Total votes: 18

Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Re: Megaman Discussion

Post by Master »

I'd imagine they probably will tweak it to look better, the trailer did say it'd be released in late 2018, and it does look like they've made quite a bit of progress on the game already. So perhaps they do intend to improve how things look once they're at a more complete stage.
WizardMinecraft
Électoon
Tings: 7

Post by WizardMinecraft »

Don't even bother reading the youtube comments of the megaman 11 anouncement trailer unless you want a cringefest of your own.
seriously, people are bashing on the game before it even came out, dismissing it as a "cash grab" or "just another mighty number 9"
Greeness
Aurora
Tings: 17030

Post by Greeness »

I just found this early screenshot of the boss fight shown in the announcement trailer:
It comes from the same source that I found the last screenshot in, so it was likely just an early version of the stage.
I still think there's a room for improvement though.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

Greeness wrote:
Pirez wrote:The inclusion of X7 and X8 is a bit of a surprise, though....
I'm sorry but why does the inclusion of X8 come off as a suprise to you? I personally think X8 is not a bad game at all, however I need to play it again to see where it.
That's absolutely not the issue. We were talking about the possibility of a X legacy game containing X1 through X8 and that would mean storing three SNES games, three PS1 games and two PS2 games. Easy for PS4 and Xbox One, but I had trouble seeing that happening for Switch. It was just about the cartridge space.

Anyway, this point seems moot because Capcom never stated that the games would be in a legacy collection. They neither confirmed nor deny.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Pirez wrote:Easy for PS4 and Xbox One, but I had trouble seeing that happening for Switch. It was just about the cartridge space.
Which is why I was wondering if these were gonna be individual downloads or a full package
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
cu_long_than
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by cu_long_than »

Hi guy.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .mmxguides

This is an android app I create for Mega Man X series guide from Mega Man X to Mega Man X8 with:
- Mega Man X Energy hearts, Sub-Tanks and Body upgrades location.
- Mega Man X2 Energy hearts, Sub-Tanks and Body upgrades location.
- Mega Man X3 Energy hearts, Sub-Tanks, Armored carriers and Body upgrades location.
- Mega Man X4 Energy hearts, Sub-Tanks, Robot Ride armor and Body upgrades location.
- Mega Man X5 Items, Energy hearts, Sub-Tanks, Robot Ride armor and Body upgrades location.
- Mega Man X6 Items, Energy hearts, Sub-Tanks, Robot Ride armor and Body upgrades location.
- Mega Man X7 Items, Energy hearts, Sub-Tanks, Robot Ride armor and Body upgrades location.
- Mega Man X8 Rare Metal, Robot Ride armor and Body upgrades location.
Greeness
Aurora

Post by Greeness »

Looks like we finally have a new official announcement regarding The X Legacy collection:

Including this really nifty looking cover art:
The collection will be split into two parts with each one containing 4 games, which makes sense considering the Switch problem you've mentioned.

I think this looks good overall, the trailer is really well edited, and bonus features like the Day of Sigma, and the X challenge mode, are neat.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

Not too into the fact that X1-X4 and X5-X8 are split into two seperate games, really not much reason to do that. Especially since the second collection only has two good games out of the 4. X challenge mode looks really fucking cool though.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Greeness
Aurora

Post by Greeness »

Rayfist wrote:Not too into the fact that X1-X4 and X5-X8 are split into two seperate games, really not much reason to do that. Especially since the second collection only has two good games out of the 4.
And each part is going to cost $19.99, which is a bit up there, but I find this to be better then if we for example got MMXLC 1 and then 2 years later the second collection.

I'm also not a huge fan of the "Higher Resolution" mode they've implemented, it doesn't really add anything to the style of the original games, and looks quite dull.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Well in any case, I am looking forward to seeing this. I think the X challenge is what has me most curious. Out of all the Megaman games I've played, the X series are the ones I am most in tune with, since Megaman X was the first Megaman game I played (I think it was a SNES).
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Greeness
Aurora

Post by Greeness »

It has come to my attention that the japanese web page for the X collection has an additional screenshot of the X challenge:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/rxac/x-challenge/index.html
It's a little disappointing that we will seemingly not be able to mix and match bosses from different games in the series to our liking, but I do like the level structure of this mode.

Edit: Actually, one reason this was probably done is to maintain fairness, since probably some boss patterns don't mix well with others, still an option to do that would've been appreciated.

Also, I forgot to post another piece of artwork:
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

The concept of being able to fight just any of the two bosses at once already in itself seems a bit chaotic, really wonder how they'll pull that off.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Greeness
Aurora

Post by Greeness »

I honestly can't think of a way they'll be able to pull it off consistently without restructuring some design elements of the boss fights, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Also, looks like we're getting the SNES version of X3. I would've preferred the PS1 version for a higher quality version of the FMV cutscenes, but I don't really mind this too much.
https://mynintendonews.com/2018/04/13/m ... o-version/
Pirez
Globox

Post by Pirez »

Greeness wrote:Also, looks like we're getting the SNES version of X3.
YES!!! ALL OF THIS!!!! IN MY FACE!!!!

I thought the PS1 version to be very underwhelming and the updated soundtrack is kinda shit. Gimme dat SNES original.
Greeness wrote:Edit: Actually, one reason this was probably done is to maintain fairness, since probably some boss patterns don't mix well with others
I wonder who will be paired with Magna Centipede. Also I wonder if this will extend to X7's bosses.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

Greeness wrote:Also, looks like we're getting the SNES version of X3.
Nicccee. Like Pirez already said, the updated soundtrack didn't really collide well with the games pixel aesthetic, so I'm glad they went with the superior version.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Greeness
Aurora

Post by Greeness »

I never really minded the changes present in the PS1 version, I think both soundtracks have their qualities.

If we're being honest, they should've just given us an in-game option to choose our preferred version.
Pirez wrote:I wonder who will be paired with Magna Centipede. Also I wonder if this will extend to X7's bosses.
If he'll even get paired, remember that we don't know if every maverick is going to be included in this mode.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

So for the next potential Megaman Collection what would you guys like to see? For me personally, I REALLY want a Battle Network collection, possibly on the 3ds near the end of its lifespan, or on the Switch. I'd be okay with simple GBA ports with filters and borders. I've only played a bit of Battle Network 3 before my save data corrupted and I'd really like to play all 6 of those titles in there entirety. I always loved the concept behind those games.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Greeness
Aurora

Post by Greeness »

No preference for me regarding the next legacy collection, I'll be happy with any of the good sub series getting a high definition port.

Edit: Apologies if my answer is a little redundant, but I just haven't played most of these games to say which one is my most wanted. :oops2:
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

You’re not alone in that, I haven’t played Legends or the originals (yes very ironic I know). While I don’t have any preference for the next collection either, the idea of having the Battle Network titles ported to 3DS sounds intriguing, though hopefully none of the titles will have the awful voice acting (imo) that Double Team DS had. If I had to choose I would say 3 is my favorite and 4 is my least favorite. The concept in this series, and to an extent the Star Force series is the reason I like these two. I still need to finish MMSF3:Red Joker before I switch back to MMBN2.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Pirez
Globox

Post by Pirez »

The Jonster wrote:hopefully none of the titles will have the awful voice acting (imo) that Double Team DS had.
> Calls the dub of Double Team DS awful
> Hasn't played 8, X4 and/or X7

Oh you sweet, naive child...

(To be perfectly clear Double Team DS's dub is pretty bad but it's 24-carat gold compared to 8, X4 and X7)