The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread - Poll #96: Do you feel more productive at night?

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Do you feel more productive at night?

Poll runs till Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:43 am

Yes, I focus better
No votes
No, I'm tired
100%

Total votes: 5

Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Post by Adsolution »

People tend to forget how critical non-STEM fields are, really. Aside from art being essentially the sole provider of entertainment in our lives, look at Da Vinci: he completely obscured the line between art and STEM, showing that they are simply different components to the same machine. Sure, you can understand and memorise a system or algorithm, but problem solving requires creativity, the same kind of creativity skilled artists employ.

I don't think our society has ever had the issue of art overtaking STEM though, and rarely will any amount of coercion turn someone born predisposed solely to mathematics into an artist, and vice versa. If the issue is delegating limited resources, then yeah maybe, but before we get to that, we have to address the USA's and other's complete lack of an understanding regarding resource management in general. There's hardly even a point in putting forth a logical argument, because we know half of any given country is run by complete fucking retards who will only ever do anything if people make a big enough stink about it, then take years to ever get around to implementing 1% of the idea under this ultra-accommodating guise.
Keane wrote:Quickie last-minute response: I picked general taxation + bills for excessive usage because water is precisely the kind of thing that tax money is for, it doesn't make any sense to me that there'd be an additional bill to pay for something so basic and necessary. Those Irish people are smart not to take notes from the US's supremely homosexual tax spending.
I like how as soon as I made this point earlier:
Adsolution wrote:No one voted for that though, so can someone give me a counter argument before I actually vote?
LOL no one responded for over a week, and then:
PluMGMK wrote:So the solution that was so resoundingly rejected by the Irish people actually attracted the most support here. I knew it…
So I'm genuinely curious as to what people here are thinking, because only one person out of 10-15 tried to explain their opinion, and it was a very vague explanation:
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:But I do know that general water taxes encourage people to use their water supplies sparingly.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

For the previous poll, I was rather ignorant on the topic, I ended up switching from paying for use to paying for excess with tax after reading the points made by members.

As for this one, I suggested it because there did seem to be quite a bit of sneering on my end towards Arts subjects. I know that we have members here who are involved on either side of the argument, sometimes both. I've been fairly neutral on the matter, though I admit I do sometimes wonder if there is much point to having degree courses in certain arts, due to its more practical nature. Then again, the same argument could possibly be said for some engineering courses, which is why apprenticeships are seen as an alternative. Though from experience, it seems if you want to get chartered status, you do need to do an accredited degree.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

One other thing I forgot to respond to:
Keane wrote:and no degree should be treated as a privilege.
The argument against this obviously being that judging by degree requires no personal, subjective evaluation on behalf of the employer, which could be considered a very good thing, especially since it eliminates the need to examine every single applicant. It also weeds out the bullshit, which there's going to be a lot of. That being said, convenience aside, I think it does more harm than good, and I feel the "subjectivity" of evaluating a portfolio is in many cases a good thing, as you're more likely to get the kinds of people you're looking for.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Well, the vote seems to have been unanimous:
2017-12-07-132450_swaygrab.png
I suppose there's really only one thing to have a poll about today, so let's get to it.
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

Hum, I don't know how anyone could support or "understand" it, the US is literally backing a genocide. It's basically just a symbolic gesture that they're supporting Israel in the conflict and that any pretense of peace negotiations is in vain, which is deservedly being called bullshit on but it's already been abundantly clear for years that this is the position they're taking.

The more controversial story was when Dolan appointed David Friedman to be Ambassador to Israel, as Friedman is obviously a massive dick sucker for Netanyahu and has been idly sitting by while Israel keeps building illegal settlements. The only real issue I see coming out of the capital change is that it might spark a terrorist attack reaction, which is just another one of the ways in which Dolan's successfully escalating extremism.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

ok new poll pls? how about: does anyone dislike The Simpsons or South Park for whatever raisin?
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

This question is funny because there's an actual South Park character whose name is "Raisin".

But more details once this poll is validated.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Let's just do them as separate polls, maybe? Anyway, the previous one:
2017-12-15-140020_swaygrab.png
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

The Simpsons? Yes! I love Homer Simpson.
There are jokes and puns in it that are little funnier than ones mentioned in Family Guy, probably.
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

The Simpsons is without a doubt, my favorite cartoon show, and one of my favorite shows overall. I watch at least one episode every day, mostly from seasons 1-10, and sometimes from 11-14. It's not only the memorable/quotable jokes, it's the charm at the end that makes many of the older seasons' episodes great.

Which reminds me, I need to start buying more seasons on DVD. I have seasons 3, 4, 5 and 6 on DVD. I would like to get 7 and 8 soon.
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Simpsons is bretty gud, I rarely watch it, but a lot of the older episodes felt weirdly ahead of it's time. Although I've noticed an immediate decrease in quality from the 2 'newer' episodes I've seen.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

I don't consider myself an avid follower. But if I'm idly flicking by channels and its on Sky, I tend to give it a watch if I can't find anything else, and it's usually the older episodes.
Rsandee
Moskito
Tings: 59720

Post by Rsandee »

The seasons with the original writers are the best, the rest are terrible.
The good writers moved on to Futurama, which is a masterpiece.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

i'm very disappointed by these results to far, clearly 60% of people have never watched original simpsons
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Hmm, looks like the thread done died again. Since we've got a new poll idea already, I'll set that up and have the results of this one added to the OP.
SimpsonsPoll.JPG
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

I do not view this cartoon....................................
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

I haven't watched South Park in a while though. I can Remember I was watching the episodes so much, I even knew how to draw them as well. I Love it though even though it is a little....crazy?
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Right, the poll has ended, I'll see if Plum's available to take the thread again, if not, I'll run it on a temporary basis until another mod can take over.
SouthParkPoll.JPG
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

I wouldn't mind taking over for a poll or two if he is not available.

After all, I created this. :wink:
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I can put up another poll, but I don't seem to have any good ideas right now. If anyone has a good suggestion I'll run it.