What makes Rayman Music so good!?

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Polokus
Ugly
Tings: 675

What makes Rayman Music so good!?

Post by Polokus »

Does anyone else thinks it's so amazing that although not every R game has the same composers, they all manage to capture this immersive, melodic, fantasy-esc vibe that literally no other game has. No other games music comes close to this franchise imo.

Either Michel was able to explain what he wanted extremely well or Remi had just set a solid foundation for future composers to follow. even the atmospheric tracks like Night On Blue Mountain are very immersive.

I used to think I was just blinded by the Nostalgia of the music until I realised No, it's actually a very unique style and the tracks seem to fit the levels so well.

What do yous think makes R music so good and do you think it's unique as well or do you know any games that have similar music? :D
StelzenBomber
Dragon mécanique
Tings: 25637

Re: What makes Rayman Music so good!?

Post by StelzenBomber »

From every rayman game i played, every game has AMAZING music ( ecept jaguar rayman 1...)

Its just, how can you make a soundtrack so good that it basicly Sh*ts on other popular game osts

My opinion : Best soundtrack in games ever ( ecept one game im playing right now but im not sure since i havent beaten it yet)
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

I think they're great soundtracks, but to say they're the best... well, it's a matter of personal taste of course, but you probably haven't played a lot of games with great soundtracks yet.

I prefer most soundtracks by:
  • Nobuo Uematsu (e.g. Final Fantasy VI/VII/VIII/IX, Lost Odyssey)
  • Yasunori Mitsuda (e.g. Xenogears, Chrono Trigger/Cross)
  • Miki Higashino (e.g. Suikoden II)
  • Koji Kondo (e.g. pre-Wii Zelda & Mario)
  • Yoko Shimomura (e.g. Kingdom Hearts)
  • Jeremy Soule (e.g. The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind/Oblivion - also yay, a Western composer made it in)
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. There are really too many amazing game soundtracks to pick from, and so many that I haven't even discovered yet.

But I would never have become as invested in this series if the music sucked, so there's that.
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

Speaking of Rayman music, I adore the Beyond Good & Evil soundtrack - composed by Christophe Heral, who also worked on a few Raymen.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Koji Kondo makes great music (as already mentioned). I love the Mario music he makes.
Yuzo Koshiro is another great one (Streets Of Rage composer)
I love the Rayman music too though and I can't say that there's a Rayman game with music that isn't great imo.

I know everyone has different opinions, but I actually like the main menu music on Jaguar. I can't say much about the rest until I get my Jaguar controller that isn't broken but the PS1 version is definitely better.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
StelzenBomber
Dragon mécanique

Post by StelzenBomber »

Steo wrote:Koji Kondo makes great music (as already mentioned). I love the Mario music he makes.
Yuzo Koshiro is another great one (Streets Of Rage composer)
I love the Rayman music too though and I can't say that there's a Rayman game with music that isn't great imo.

I know everyone has different opinions, but I actually like the main menu music on Jaguar. I can't say much about the rest until I get my Jaguar controller that isn't broken but the PS1 version is definitely better.
is it wired to say that im not the biggest fan of koji kondos music, its great but not that catchy to me

i honestly perfer the guy who makes the m&l soundtrack
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Well everyone has their own taste in music. I personally love the Streets Of Rage I and II soundtracks but I'm not a big fan of the third one. It's a bit too techno like or something for me. Not sure if that's what you call the Genre.

I also personally love the Mario music Koji Kondo composed (SNES verion of SMAS, SMB2 and SMB3) but I can't speak for all the games he worked on.

There's a lot of others out there too like Kazumi Totaka

Everyone has their own tastes / opinions on music though I get that :P
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
StelzenBomber
Dragon mécanique

Post by StelzenBomber »

Steo wrote:Well everyone has their own taste in music. I personally love the Streets Of Rage I and II soundtracks but I'm not a big fan of the third one. It's a bit too techno like or something for me. Not sure if that's what you call the Genre.

I also personally love the Mario music Koji Kondo composed (SNES verion of SMAS, SMB2 and SMB3) but I can't speak for all the games he worked on.

btw speaking of great soundtracks, listen to some persona 5.

Its a gold mine
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

StelzenBomber wrote:
Steo wrote:Well everyone has their own taste in music. I personally love the Streets Of Rage I and II soundtracks but I'm not a big fan of the third one. It's a bit too techno like or something for me. Not sure if that's what you call the Genre.

btw speaking of great soundtracks, listen to some persona 5.

Its a gold mine
Ooh so you listen to persona 5?? I found nearly all the songs in that game to be pure amazingness! My favorite from that one...hmm I'm deciding between Rivers in the Desert and Beneath the Mask. Thanks for reminding me what amazing music Shoji Meguro comes up with! :D

Reminder: Put something in this post after doing work.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L