Epic Series of Rayman & RRR Game Conditions and Speedrunning Challenges!(Race To Defeat Razorbeard in Rayman DS)

Speedrunning news, techniques and events: a place for those who live fast, at least when it comes to Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Speedrunning team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Epic Series of Rayman & RRR Game Conditions and Speedrunning Challenges!(Race To Defeat Razorbeard in Rayman DS)

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

Welcome to the Epic Series of Rayman Game Condition Challenges!
A series of Challenges where you compete against other members and try to complete the task before they do.

Rayman Platformers and Rayman Raving Rabbids games are welcome in this challenge thread.

Challenge done already:
Race to Defeat Razorbeard(N64 Version)
Jonster won against R4Y.

Some Challenges can be done more than twice in case more people than before want to join in on the fun.
Okay!
Now you are Here because you are the best of the best! So you best be proving it!!!

Meanwhile, a little Challenge was taking place where there are people who are trying to get to Razorbeard and defeat him first to win.
And it is with: Rayman DS!

This is a report of what happened so far and it will be Updated overtime whenever someone makes a move in a level.

Okay then... This one should be interesting since there are notable glitches in this version, let's see how They will affect this Challenge..

Race To Defeat Razorbeard!!(Rayman DS Challenge)
Rules:
Anyone can start playing anytime..
They should start the stopwatch as They play, and When the person finishes a level, Just Record how much time it took to finish the level by the stopwatch, and post your time here. I will label and categorise in my report. Also support the time with a reason why and how you finished the level. We Don't have to play at the same time. Just put out your time Record, and When someone else feels like playing they will try to beat the Record and another person will do the same. So it is like a battle to get to Razorbeard first. Then When all participants posted their times, I will point out who cleared the level first according to the stopwatch time records that were posted with its details.
So anyone can start playing now, and just do what the rules say.. And We'll go from there.

R4Y V.S. Jonster

Whenever a time is posted, They will be added in this report.

Do not start your stopwatches at the game's intro. Start it whenever the game begins for you to play the level.
And do not stop the stopwatches until the level ends. When you stop them for the end of the level post the time in this thread and I'll add them to the report. Reset the stopwatches for the next level and begin with it again and so on.

-The Escape from The Prison Ship
R4Y has cleared the level in 00:00:37
Jonster has cleared the level in 00:00:35
R4Y was a little slow at first since he helicoptered onto the slide.
After fiddling with the controls, Jonster begins the game. Despite struggling a little, he manage to hold out his own toward the fall.
Winner: Jonster has cleared the level first!

-The Woods Of Light
R4Y has cleared the level in 00:03:34
Jonster has cleared the level in 00:04:11
R4Y as always, pulled off the amazing Baby Globox Cutscene skip. Can the others keep up?
Jonster was still having a bit of trouble with the controls and Since that Cutscene skip could not be pulled off like how correctly R4Y did it. A loss had to be Expected right there for him.
Winner: R4Y has cleared the level first!

-The Fairy Glade
R4Y has cleared the level in 00:19:21
Jonster has cleared the level in 00:15:47
R4Y was having a bit of trouble trying to get past the Barrel falling section in the third phase. Does R4Y need the Donkey Kong experience for this one? Jonster was able to up his game a little bit by changing the controls. Looks like he made the same mistake as R4Y But he did walk off the level much better than R4Y did.

-Marshes Of Awakening
R4Y has cleared the level in 00:04:36
Jonster has cleared the level in 00:08:07
R4Y made a few stupid risky jumps in the swamp water at the beginning. R4Y did not struggle as much as before in the whole waterskii sections. Looks like Jonster made a lot more mistakes and they seemed punishing enough Since the controls were making him hang dry. Water-skiing was not in his side in this version. Unfortunate. The gap is open from first to last though.. Anyone can have a chance!
Winner: R4Y cleared the level first!

-The Walk Of Life
R4Y has cleared the level in 00:04:49
Jonster has cleared the level in 00:02:50
R4Y made a couple of foolish mistakes thanks to the D-Pad on the phone that he has. And because missing the lums frustrated him a little he couldn't gain time faster so the game started him over to get the lums again. Jonster on the other hand, almost had the same problem But he Didn't run out of time like R4Y did. But his skill in the N64 version has shown that he can do a lot better Despite failing realizations in this DS version.

-The Bayou
R4Y has cleared the level in 00:08:50
Jonster has cleared the level in 00:06:23
R4Y has been struggling a little bit with the controls on this version of Rayman 2 and some of its glitchy flaws but he tried his best to work through the problems even though he kept falling in the water and kept missing jumps. Jonster had no problems going through the parte that R4Y went through which probably put him on top. Despite facing distractions offscreen, he manage to pull away in first yet again.

-The Sanctuary Of Water & Ice
R4Y has obtained the first mask in 00:07:36
Jonster has obtained the first mask in 00:07:34
R4Y had a bit of trouble at the beginning trying to lock onto the robo pirate. But after that he played through the level with no problems. He did fail once at the slide and took a bit of time to beat Axel. Jonster shipped the first Pirate-Henchman, used the keg on the other and got through the slide confortable even though a couple of fails were underway, it was just enough to pass R4Y.

-The Menhir Hills(First visit)
Jonster had cleared the level in 00:02:56
R4Y has cleared the level in 00:04:31
Jonster had the walking shell sections in the bag even though he nearly missed everything and got to Clark at a really Good time. Let's see if R4Y can keep up to get past Jonster. R4Y had a little trouble taming the shell at first since the controls felt so damn sticky. But from there he got the cages so he doesn't have to worry about them later in the second visit. He also skipped the pirate on the way to Clark.
Winner: Jonster cleared the level in first!

-The Cave Of Bad Dreams
Jonster had cleared the level in 00:16:28
R4Y has cleared the level in 00:16:22
Jonster was doing well until the boss fight with Jano. He seems to have lost his mojo because of the DS Version's feels of controls and it pushed Jonster away a bit. R4Y had a bit of trouble with the controls and they made him want to rage quit since he failed in all sorts of places repeatedly but he resisted the urge and eventually went pass the slide and defeat Jano. It didn't take too much time at all.
Winner: R4Y had cleared the level first!

-The Menhir Hills(2nd Visit)
Jonster had cleared the level in 00:07:20
R4Y has cleared the level in 00:10:41
Jonster is getting significantly better on coping with the DS controls and that helped him complete the Menhir Hills probably better than before Despite still nearly missing everything. R4Y was completely and utterly devastated by the Final Walking shell section. He expected a big loss right there.

-The Canopy
Jonster has cleared the level in 00:11:07
R4Y has cleared the level in -
Jonster only started to lose the game because of that Spiders and as he skip the enemy and met a few glitches along the way, he must have lost Some time because of mistakes and game flaws.
Winner:

-The Whale Bay
Jonster has cleared the level in 00:10:42
R4Y has cleared the level in -
Jonster was only Messing up at trying to Break down the sparadrap with the shell and that made him complete the level at that time above.
Winner:

-The Sanctuary Of Stone & Fire
Last edited by R4Y_ANC3L on Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 27 times in total.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Re: Epic Series of Rayman Platformer Challenges!

Post by The Jonster »

I'll post my times here later after I finiish my work ;)
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique

Re: Epic Series of Rayman Platformer Challenges!

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

Okay! Can't Wait to see how well you have done in some levels.
StelzenBomber
Dragon mécanique
Tings: 25637

Re: Epic Series of Rayman Platformer Challenges!(Race To Defeat Razorbeard in Rayman DS)

Post by StelzenBomber »

well i cant record my ds, damn
The Jonster
Joe

Re: Epic Series of Rayman Platformer Challenges!(Race To Defeat Razorbeard in Rayman DS)

Post by The Jonster »

I think you could use a stopwatch(online or not) to record the DS. ;)
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

Yeah! What Jonster said works.
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano
Tings: 675

Post by Ambidextroid »

This topic is awfully similar to CotM, though I appreciate the fact that CotM has gone into a seemingly indefinite hiatus. Maybe it's time to reopen it again!

As a side note, have you thought about how you'd prevent cheating? I'm sure the entrants so far are trustworthy but it would be impossible to tell.
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Ambidextroid wrote:This topic is awfully similar to CotM, though I appreciate the fact that CotM has gone into a seemingly indefinite hiatus. Maybe it's time to reopen it again!
That depends if Ray502 wants to open it again. ;)
I seem to remember myself expressing that I wanted to take part in one of those if it ever reopened. I know how to use Bandicam now so recording is not going to be a problem :mrgreen:
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

Ambidextroid wrote:As a side note, have you thought about how you'd prevent cheating? I'm sure the entrants so far are trustworthy but it would be impossible to tell.
Videos or screenshots to be shown as proof would be the best things that I thought at first.
I thought those ideas would support the time records and the participants are supposed to give reasons how and why they finished the level at the time that was posted to support their posted time records.
Birds858
Creveton
Tings: 28481

Post by Birds858 »

Since i will move on soon, i cannot find my copy of Rayman DS who is probably in a box for the move. But, maybe after the race we can do a Race to defeat Razorbeard on the PS version of Rayman 2 (i have the PS version). :)
Steo wrote:"Don't you Know, About the bird ?
Well, Steo gonna tell you about the bird
A well a bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A well a bird Surfin' bird B-b-b aah, aah!
Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa
Papa, ooma mow mow Papa, ooma mow mow!"

Birds858 wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Alright I have this one then which still amuses me a little since it brought up waifus.

Birds858 wrote:The most hottest Rayman characters is obviously Count Razoff.
It’s not awesome, it’s a fact.

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :
FC: 23977 | CF: 58813 | BOM: 35256 | LOTLD: 81011 | DOTK: 58659 | LS: 31220 | SBTC: 34536 | HH: 44581 | TOTL: 48670 | Total: 416723
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

The move? Are you moving?

I'm working on PS1 afterwards so this is good!
Birds858
Creveton

Post by Birds858 »

The Jonster wrote:The move? Are you moving?

I'm working on PS1 afterwards so this is good!
Yep, i will move soon (i still stay in Belgium).
Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa

Birds858 wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Alright I have this one then which still amuses me a little since it brought up waifus.

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :
FC: 23977 | CF: 58813 | BOM: 35256 | LOTLD: 81011 | DOTK: 58659 | LS: 31220 | SBTC: 34536 | HH: 44581 | TOTL: 48670 | Total: 416723
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Ah in that case we can wait awhile. I haven't started on it either but I can start on PS1 as soon as my current game video is finished.
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

I actually have an idea for a next Rayman Challenge after this one.
It will be called "Rayman 2(to) the Rescue"!
It's basically about who can beat Rayman 2 twice in a row and who can do that faster than one another! All of that doesn't have to completed on the same day. You can take breaks and Stopwatches are to be used to record how long you took to beat the game twice and we can point out who beat the game faster two times.

Does that sound like something?

Races to stop Razorbeard isn't something to be stopped though. We can do a million of those things.
Birds858
Creveton

Post by Birds858 »

R4Y_ANC3L wrote:I actually have an idea for a next Rayman Challenge after this one.
It will be called "Rayman 2(to) the Rescue"!
It's basically about who can beat Rayman 2 twice in a row and who can do that faster than one another! All of that doesn't have to completed on the same day. You can take breaks and Stopwatches are to be used to record how long you took to beat the game twice and we can point out who beat the game faster two times.

Does that sound like something?

Races to stop Razorbeard isn't something to be stopped though. We can do a million of those things.
What versions of Rayman 2 ? Also, maybe after this one we should do another Rayman games ?

Birds858 wrote:

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

Either the PC version, N64 version or DS Version.

And Rayman 2 doesn't have to be the only thing.
As long as the game is a platformer game, it's good enough for a challenge.
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

R4Y_ANC3L wrote:Either the PC version, N64 version or DS Version.

And Rayman 2 doesn't have to be the only thing.
As long as the game is a platformer game, it's good enough for a challenge.
Why not the other versions? Just curious?
PS1, PS2, DC, 3DS?
Birds858
Creveton

Post by Birds858 »

R4Y_ANC3L wrote:As long as the game is a platformer game, it's good enough for a challenge.
The three RRR games, Rabbids Go Home and Mario + Rabbids can also work since they have a story mode (it’s not necessary to be a platformer).

Birds858 wrote:

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

The Jonster wrote:Why not the other versions? Just curious?
PS1, PS2, DC, 3DS?
I was thinking that to make things more fair since a lot of the versions have different or missing features. Like in the PS1 vserion, there are some levels that are missing and the cages are in different places. But meh, since that challenge will be about who will beat Rayman 2 faster two times then we can allow those versions as well. If you guys think that you can handle it, I'm happy to go along with it. :)
Birds858 wrote:The three RRR games, Rabbids Go Home and Mario + Rabbids can also work since they have a story mode (it’s not necessary to be a platformer).
Hmm. Good point. And since there are stories, it would make the longplay a little more interesting for completion of a challenge. Okay, those games are allowed too.
Birds858
Creveton

Post by Birds858 »

R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Birds858 wrote:The three RRR games, Rabbids Go Home and Mario + Rabbids can also work since they have a story mode (it’s not necessary to be a platformer).
Hmm. Good point. And since there are stories, it would make the longplay a little more interesting for completion of a challenge. Okay, those games are allowed too.
I guess you can also include the Rabbids in the title since Rabbids games are allowed.

Birds858 wrote:

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :