Rayman Raving Rabbids

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
knuckles2001
Moussu
Tings: 1135

Re: Rayman Raving Rabbids

Post by knuckles2001 »

I noticed on the Raytunes page for Raving Rabbids awhile back it showed a song called swing the mood by Jive bunny and the mastermixers was this going to be a dancing level in the Rayman Raving Rabbids prototype?
Birds858
Creveton
Tings: 28481

Post by Birds858 »

New leftover of the prototype were found !
Steo wrote:"Don't you Know, About the bird ?
Well, Steo gonna tell you about the bird
A well a bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A well a bird Surfin' bird B-b-b aah, aah!
Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa
Papa, ooma mow mow Papa, ooma mow mow!"

Birds858 wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Alright I have this one then which still amuses me a little since it brought up waifus.

Birds858 wrote:The most hottest Rayman characters is obviously Count Razoff.
It’s not awesome, it’s a fact.

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :
FC: 23977 | CF: 58813 | BOM: 35256 | LOTLD: 81011 | DOTK: 58659 | LS: 31220 | SBTC: 34536 | HH: 44581 | TOTL: 48670 | Total: 416723
SrRayman
Incrediball
Tings: 380

Post by SrRayman »

Cool! We are getting closer than over to playing the prototype of Rayman Raving Rabbids.
sack lack back tack track pack wack rack knack
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Pigs called plums? Now that whole "crying plum" thing makes sense!

This is amazing! Though his falling speed with the helicopter seems way too gradual. Together with the absent heilcopter animation, and the fact that he was "able" to double-jump, I get the feeling that the jumping mechanics were very early in development, since that's the sort of thing I would expect to see in an early preview of a fangame. I wonder if they had difficulty implementing Rayman's traditional moveset in the Jade engine? :?

Does "OBBOX" really mean Globox though? I would guess it means "Outer Bounding Box" or something like that…
MIITRINMan
Œil Rebondissant
Tings: 30

Post by MIITRINMan »

I've been lurking on this forum for just this moment. I knew there was code that was made for the prototype AND that this minigame was one of the closest to the prototype, but

Seeing the helicopter hair, the rabbids interaction, the riding even. It just astounded me.
SrRayman
Incrediball

Post by SrRayman »

I see you are a new user. Welcome! Rayman Raving Rabbids could have been the game to win them all. Thing is, they could have made this on the Xbox and Playstation AND PS Vita meaning they could have made the game. But sadly, that was the fate for the Rabbids.
Rudie Radio Waves
Photographe
Tings: 420

Post by Rudie Radio Waves »

Rayman looks a bit stiff to control and the helicopter looks like it lets you hover at a set height before turning off, but nonetheless this is an amazing discovery! Kudos to you, my dude.
I draw here: rudieradiowaves.newgrounds.com
Nve
Chasseur
Tings: 1954

Post by Nve »

I'm really surprised and happy about this discovery. Imo Rayman early animations look really awful and clumsy.
When I read about debug stuff I thought about the spotted debug menu in the jeuxactu interview but it follows that it wasn't the only one implemented in the game.
SrRayman
Incrediball

Post by SrRayman »

Hey I know we are talking about the console versions but I am stuck on the GBA Rayman Raving Rabbids on the Forest world. I only can see the two levels of it but I completed it already. But the green dots are not appearing and I can't move anywhere else but those two levels. Can somebody help?
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

I'll just leave this here in the hope it'll get archived somewhere on the internet at least. We discovered this half a year ago but no one shared it.

Scrapped Rayman Raving Rabbids DS story ([ANNOTATIONS] added by me, source: the RRR DS rom. It's not difficult to check, just open the rom in a hex editor and search for any of the words - you'll find it):

Code: Select all

[INTRO]
- Gnngngngn.
- The meteorite certainly has a difficult time expressing itself!
- It's not a meteorite, Globox. The world of Lebahr is our world's opposite twin and, together they make up the balance of the Universe.
  If one of the two worlds is out of balance with the other one, both worlds would melt into one. And it would mean the end of the Universe as we know it.
- It is essential that we stop that from happening, Rayman!
- No way! I'm on vacation!
  So, why don't you send JJ to deal with your parallel Universe problem?
- Your friend JJ is stuck in the parallel world.
  I was thrown out by some sort of malevolent force and I must return to restore the Universe's balance.
  When I find JJ I'll send him back to your world... As for you, Rayman, you must find the three other meteorites - um, I mean, three other guardians: Vanfrey, Hodmer and Fayer.
  And don't waste time - the future of the entire Universe is in your hands.

[THROUGHOUT THE GAME]
Rayman, you now must balance and whiten the crystals by gathering enough Lums. Gather! Balance! And Whiten!

- You're making progress, Rayman! But the hardest part is yet to come!
  Gather as many as you can. That way, at least there'll be a few they won't be able to get their hands on!
  I'm going to go find out how the rabbits transfer the Lums. I'll find you as soon as I have more information!

Rayman, you now have to balance and whiten the crystals.
You've got to find the teleporter and then bring back the cages, with the help of the guardians.
Good job, Rayman! The crystal is half balanced. Find the second entrance to give it back its shine.
Rayman, that's great, you managed to whiten the crystal! For as long as I've been King I have never seen it so white. Whiter than white, it's... It's wonderful! Great job!

[FINAL BOSS INTRO]
- My vengeance is finally upon us, Rayman! I've got you!
- Do do we know each other?
- I am Miss Black Bunny!!
- Are you part of the Bugs family?
- Rhaaargh! I've got to do everything myself!
- Um, is it by eating Lums that you became huge?
- No, by collecting Lums, I un-balance the Universe, I melt the two worlds, I keep my powers and I CAN FINALLY CRUSH YOU LIKE AN ANT!!!

[OUTRO PART 1: AFTER THE FIGHT]
- You Lose, Miss Bunny!
- You may have beaten me, Rayman, but you didn't recognize me! Despite having fought me before... For I am DarkRayman!
- DarkRayman?!
- That's what I just said.
- It's over, Miss um... DarkRayman! Call back your troops! The two worlds must be re-balanced.
- What are you going to do with me, Rayman?
[OUTRO PART 2: FLASH-FORWARD]
- Miss Bunny was none other than DarkRayman?
- Yes Globox. And her thirst for power led her to endanger the entire world, out of her insane desire for revenge.
- And you just let her go?
- She's harmless now and the world is once again at peace.
Until the next time!
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Well that's… amateurish…

If the leader of the bunnies turned out to be Bad Dark Rayman, then maybe that was what they were really hinting at when they said the evil plan had been in the works since the first game.
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

Also, I forgot to mention Got4n found Miss Black Bunny's portrait in the files, though the palette was missing. This was also around the time the story was discovered, so half a year ago. You can still vaguely see her face though:

Looks like she was supposed to be a friendly bunny that then reveals herself as the villain or something.
Birds858
Creveton

Post by Birds858 »

Droolie wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:46 pm I'll just leave this here in the hope it'll get archived somewhere on the internet at least. We discovered this half a year ago but no one shared it.

Scrapped Rayman Raving Rabbids DS story ([ANNOTATIONS] added by me, source: the RRR DS rom. It's not difficult to check, just open the rom in a hex editor and search for any of the words - you'll find it):

Code: Select all

[INTRO]
- Gnngngngn.
- The meteorite certainly has a difficult time expressing itself!
- It's not a meteorite, Globox. The world of Lebahr is our world's opposite twin and, together they make up the balance of the Universe.
  If one of the two worlds is out of balance with the other one, both worlds would melt into one. And it would mean the end of the Universe as we know it.
- It is essential that we stop that from happening, Rayman!
- No way! I'm on vacation!
  So, why don't you send JJ to deal with your parallel Universe problem?
- Your friend JJ is stuck in the parallel world.
  I was thrown out by some sort of malevolent force and I must return to restore the Universe's balance.
  When I find JJ I'll send him back to your world... As for you, Rayman, you must find the three other meteorites - um, I mean, three other guardians: Vanfrey, Hodmer and Fayer.
  And don't waste time - the future of the entire Universe is in your hands.

[THROUGHOUT THE GAME]
Rayman, you now must balance and whiten the crystals by gathering enough Lums. Gather! Balance! And Whiten!

- You're making progress, Rayman! But the hardest part is yet to come!
  Gather as many as you can. That way, at least there'll be a few they won't be able to get their hands on!
  I'm going to go find out how the rabbits transfer the Lums. I'll find you as soon as I have more information!

Rayman, you now have to balance and whiten the crystals.
You've got to find the teleporter and then bring back the cages, with the help of the guardians.
Good job, Rayman! The crystal is half balanced. Find the second entrance to give it back its shine.
Rayman, that's great, you managed to whiten the crystal! For as long as I've been King I have never seen it so white. Whiter than white, it's... It's wonderful! Great job!

[FINAL BOSS INTRO]
- My vengeance is finally upon us, Rayman! I've got you!
- Do do we know each other?
- I am Miss Black Bunny!!
- Are you part of the Bugs family?
- Rhaaargh! I've got to do everything myself!
- Um, is it by eating Lums that you became huge?
- No, by collecting Lums, I un-balance the Universe, I melt the two worlds, I keep my powers and I CAN FINALLY CRUSH YOU LIKE AN ANT!!!

[OUTRO PART 1: AFTER THE FIGHT]
- You Lose, Miss Bunny!
- You may have beaten me, Rayman, but you didn't recognize me! Despite having fought me before... For I am DarkRayman!
- DarkRayman?!
- That's what I just said.
- It's over, Miss um... DarkRayman! Call back your troops! The two worlds must be re-balanced.
- What are you going to do with me, Rayman?
[OUTRO PART 2: FLASH-FORWARD]
- Miss Bunny was none other than DarkRayman?
- Yes Globox. And her thirst for power led her to endanger the entire world, out of her insane desire for revenge.
- And you just let her go?
- She's harmless now and the world is once again at peace.
Until the next time!
A world called Lebahr which is the opposite of the Glade of Dreams, Rayman using crystals and lums to bring balance to the universe, the return of Dark (Bad?) Rayman.
This is really interesting and much better that what we got in the final version.
Also, I wonder who is the character ''JJ' and why he's stuck in Lebahr ?
Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa

Birds858 wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Alright I have this one then which still amuses me a little since it brought up waifus.

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :
FC: 23977 | CF: 58813 | BOM: 35256 | LOTLD: 81011 | DOTK: 58659 | LS: 31220 | SBTC: 34536 | HH: 44581 | TOTL: 48670 | Total: 416723
Nve
Chasseur

Post by Nve »

Really strange plot. It's even hard for me to decide if it's good that it was cut (besides Dark Rayman plot twist because it makes no sense to even be in the story).
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Also I don't think "Lebahr" is the name of the world, just the name of the guardian, or whatever Globox mistakes for a meteorite.
Birds858
Creveton

Post by Birds858 »

FrameRater released today a interesting documentary video about the developement of the prototype like the fact that they were originally supposed to be a GameCube, Xbox, PS3 and PSP port.

And the RPC also appear in this video

Birds858 wrote:

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :
Birds858
Creveton

Post by Birds858 »

Sorry for the double-post but I found a interesting thing.
I recently found this video showcasing a glitch allowing to the player to see some animations for the prototype in the minigame "Bunnies Don't Like Bat" in the Xbox 360 version.

To do this, you need to spam every buttons of your controller shortly before the counter appear (for example, to see the roll animations, you need to spam RT)
This glitch also work in the PC version. In fact, I was even able to reproduce the "Dive attack" (one of Rayman special attacks from the prototype) by just spamming the Spacebar and the left click (but sometime it's doesn't work).
Rayman2.jpg
Rayman 3.jpg
Rayman5.jpg
Rayman6.jpg
I tried to reproduce the glitch on other minigames and the only one that (barely) worked was on the Racing minigames, but for some reason, another Rayman spawn when performing this glitch.
Rayman4.jpg
I will see if there other minigames when the glitch work or if there a way to dislodge Rayman from the bat.

Birds858 wrote:

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :
SpyroGuy
Céloche
Tings: 7416

Post by SpyroGuy »

Hey there!
FrameRater's latest video has kind of reignited my curiosity towards the mystery of Rayman 4 and thanks to this I've got two questions to ask.

1. Was it ever determined whether the discovered maps are actually intact as unused files within the game such as "BRK_Exterieur_GuerreMonde.wol" or "Foret_Magique.wol" or are they just empty remnants or references? Were any attempts made since their discoveries to somehow manually enable them in-game or is it still not possible to even rip them?

2. The thread called "R4 Prototype music and sounds discovered!" has broken download links for the ripped beta sound effects that I unfortunately never got to experience myself. Is there anyone here who still happens to have those files, so a new link can be re-established?
If nothing else is possible I'd still love to listen to those beta sound effects! X3
Nve
Chasseur

Post by Nve »

Well, I was interested in the Vaniberry thread about G4 clip, so I decided to look for it, but I actually find the video from E3 2006 with Gounon Loic (senior coordinator) talking about RRR. So:
  • The puzzles were meant to appear in the game.
  • Ability to hypnotize Rabbids was called "Art of Dance".
  • "We also have lots of mini games". Maybe what we have seen at E3 gameplay was really the collection of minigames as it was speculated before. But for sure the mini-games were meant to be implemented.
  • "This new Rayman is way more open".
  • Ten huge worlds and the ability to explore them.
  • Level with gigantic Rabbids' machines from E3 was one from those worlds and it was called "wasteland".
Source: https://archive.org/details/g4tv.com-video12081
SpyroGuy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:28 pm 1. Was it ever determined whether the discovered maps are actually intact as unused files within the game such as "BRK_Exterieur_GuerreMonde.wol" or "Foret_Magique.wol" or are they just empty remnants or references? Were any attempts made since their discoveries to somehow manually enable them in-game or is it still not possible to even rip them?
From what I have read they are just not working.
SpyroGuy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:28 pm 2. The thread called "R4 Prototype music and sounds discovered!" has broken download links for the ripped beta sound effects that I unfortunately never got to experience myself. Is there anyone here who still happens to have those files, so a new link can be re-established?
If nothing else is possible I'd still love to listen to those beta sound effects! X3
Some of them are available at RayTunes. I would also like to hear them.
MIITRINMan
Œil Rebondissant
Tings: 30

Post by MIITRINMan »

Replayed Rayman Raving Rabbids. I never got the title of the shooter mini-game "Bunnies Sometimes Recycle The Scenery From Other Games" until Frame's video showcasing that they took assets from King Kong. It feels like a developer just wanted to joke about the inclusion of the assets, and honestly, I don't think you could do that nowadays.