Project: UnLockRay ( ULR / REL )

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Re: Project: UnLockRay ( ULR / REL )

Post by Adsolution »

Droolie wrote:adsolution pls make a raythreel
Yes!!

This is awesome.

Thank you for doing the dirty work, I'm all about creating the end-user experience. :mryellow:
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

Now that could eventually lead us to an open sourced version of Rayman...
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

Here's a super early release of R3MAP for those who want to try it out: https://mega.nz/#!wWgDQL7I!NzbGsnB7vcQr ... Vi7tXDjnMU
edit -> Please don't download this version as as of June, this is super old and I will be sharing a much more up to date version soon.

It works with both Rayman 3 and Rayman Arena, both for PC and Gamecube.

Includes the source and a build for those who don't want to install Unity (though all you can do with it is view the maps, not the object names and such which are visible from within the Unity editor). Read the readme for controls and command line arguments. Example command line usage:

Code: Select all

R3MAP -d ./R3_GC/GAMEDATABIN -l swamp_50 -m r3_gc
The source code is a bit messy, but I'll clean it up for the next version a bit most likely.
if you want to use it, you'll need to have the full GAMEDATAbin from the PC/GC version extracted somewhere and point the *.exe file to it (read the readme to see how). For Arena you need to point the exe to any of the FISHbin/MENUbin/TRIBebin subdirectories.

There's still a lot of stuff that doesn't work yet:
  • The transparent sorting sucks (parts of objects with alpha might appear in front of another object even if it is behind it, if their center is in front of that object) and I have no solution for it as of now.
  • Some objects aren't meant to be displayed, but my loader loads every object.
  • For every object, it also loads all of its possible "states" at the object position. For example, since Globox's bouncy plum juice bubbles are a "state"/accessory of the Globox object, each bubble has a Globox model and vice versa. You can make meshes invisible in Unity to see the individual states.
Stuff that has been fixed and will be in the next version:
  • When two textures are blended, they normally are blended with a different factor at different positions, but I haven't figured that out yet, so instead they're just blended with a constant factor over the whole model. edit -> figured it out, will be in the next version!
  • If there is a model that can have different textures/skins (like Rayman's body, or the sniper Hoodlums which can be normal or the blue elite variety), only one will be displayed. edit -> The next version will include a Unity editor script that allows you to swap skins if there are multiple.
Anyway, have fun! Time to take a little break...

EDIT -> New version is up! This one supports the PC version of both Rayman 3 and Arena as well as the gamecube versions. It also fixes a lot of bugs that were present in the previous version. Have fun!

EDIT 2 -> The lighting is next, and boy does it look pretty! Even though the light ranges and intensities are completely wrong.
Last edited by Droolie on Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

Rayman 3: Revenge of the Matuvus

(PC version)

This change was done purely within the development version of my level viewer (i.e. not the version linked above) which now has a save button that saves all of the changes made to object positions, rotations and scale. As mentioned in the last edit of my previous post, it can also display lights, though they don't show perfectly because Unity light parameters are extremely limited for some reason. To simulate the game's lighting better I also implemented sector loading and unloading (which you can turn off if you want to view multiple level sectors/the whole level at the same time), which I think is pretty neat.

This is what that level looks like from the side btw (sector loading turned off):

Bonus pic (potential nightmare fuel): https://imgur.com/FoUE3AT
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Droolie wrote:Rayman 3: Revenge of the Matuvus
I knew it! Can you still score points from them though? :mrgreen:

Anyway, cool! :D I look forward to seeing what else you come up with!
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Omg, I feel like Plum now, I completely forgot to check this thread! :lol:
Seriously, though, that level editor looks amazing! I'll need to check it out myself sometime. :)
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Lord Asdi
Lums Vert
Tings: 80

Post by Lord Asdi »

Damn... This is exactly what i searched for! Good job Droolie! :up:

Have you already added a way to save the generated Meshes as prefabs or OBJ files in Unity?
Because i am currently modifying your code to do so.
Adamek2008
Créature
Tings: 310

Post by Adamek2008 »

It's Ok
When Rayman Legends Sequel.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Droolie wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:11 am Anyway, when it's finished this'll probably already be useful for Raywiki for maps and stuff (like for the two 2D minigames), or for beautiful third-person vistas from the normally top-down commando minigame :D
Well I'm a bit late to the party but I can't wait for RayWiki to be full of awesome images like that. 8)
U2B
Tribelle
Tings: 285

Post by U2B »

Roughly speaking (did not check the code yet), it is all based on reading ram while game is running (DirectX data hołd in memory)? Would be great if it was on some public repo to make the possibility to collaborate on it more easily, on forks etc. I am interested in this topic too.
Rayman 2-like fan-game in Unity (my project)
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=25903
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

Those interested can follow Raymap's progress here. It's already released since a month or two ago and it's very easy to use.
I recommend checking it out, it's the culmination of the UnLockRay project so far and you can discover a lot of new Rayman things in it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rayman/comment ... el_viewer/
If there are any questions or comments, please post them on that page or contact me directly on reddit.

See ya.
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

Finally got a chance to take a look now that I'm home and on my desktop and I gotta say I'm mighty impressed! I love that you can go through different objects and their animations (like Ly swimming?? I don't recall her ever swimming in the Walks). It would also be super handy for artists as reference.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Finally checked this out, and I noticed something. The mini-Jano in the Sanctuary of Stone and Fire is called "Monstroplante", which is the same name as the first boss of Beyond Good and Evil. Suddenly my "DomZified Plum" theory sounds a lot less far-fetched. :fou:
Radu97
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by Radu97 »

So, after all this years someone managed to get a decompiled version of the rayman 3 exe?
I am dealing with modding the cutscene to adapt in all recent aspect ratios like 16:9 or 16:10 but the game only supports cutscenes till 512x512 resolution; probably the exe file needs some modification.
Also there is an HD version of rayman 3 PC cutscenes in .bik extension?
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8652

Post by deton24 »

Videos can be nicely upscaled with filters of Video Enhancer 2, e.g. using PS2 version, where videos are in better quality, but it'll never achieve quality level of native HD video. I tried.
It's still better than nothing.
But I'm curious in what resolution and quality are PS3 and X360 cutscenes.

I think that also bink library is also worth to look into.
If memory serves, Shadorino in Better Rayman topic was dealing with modifying cutscenes in Rayman 3, and he knows on it better.
viewtopic.php?f=89&t=12854&sid=626028b3 ... 9c36f44091
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6080
You can PM him. He tried to match video aspect ratios to actual set resolution, but if I'm not wrong, Better Rayman introduced some patch when cutscenes started to be shown in the center of the screen, and smaller.
And yes, I'd gladly see cutscenes in full screen with proper aspect ratio. Maybe not necessarily in HD, since it maybe technicaly difficult, if even not impossible due to engine limitations, which in R2 are also e.g. resolution of textures, (probably in R3 to).
Eeeebray
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9120

Post by Eeeebray »

Hiya,

I had no idea where to post this what I found, so I post it here.

I maybe found something interesting while looking into the Rayman M PS2 demo, which was included in the Official PlayStation 2 Magazine Demo 13!

I was looking into the files and found a dialouge:

0 /o400:Welcome to our Village,/L:Rayman. I hope you have/L:Some crystals !:

Action_Camera_Cut
0000000152AC 0000000152AC 0 Action_CouperCinematique
0000000152EC 0000000152EC 0 Action_TexteSuivant
000000015300 000000015300 0 Action_AppelerMurphy
000000015318 000000015318 0 Action_TransePolochus
000000015354 000000015354 0 Action_Affiche_Jauge
000000015390 000000015390 0 Action_BebeGlobox_1
0000000153C8 0000000153C8 0 Action_BebeGlobox_2
000000015400 000000015400 0 Action_StartCourseBonux
00000001546C 00000001546C 0 PS2EnterSelectMode
0000000154D4 0000000154D4 0 PS2ChangeMap
000000015538 000000015538 0 PS2CaptureScreen

Also found "TransePolochus" very interesting as Polokus was originally called Polochus the magician.

No idea if someone already saw that before, but I am trying to find more. At least the dialouge is new for me and I have never heard of that one before.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Looks like an uncompiled version of Rayman 2 Dreamcast's Fix.lvl file. Interesting!
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

So...code from the Dreamcast Globox village somehow got baked into the Rayman M PS2 demo??
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Not really. It looks like it's just a leftover uncompiled file they forgot to delete from the directory when they sent the demo CD to press. Given that the games used more or less the same engine (OpenSpace) it makes sense that they'd be keeping all the files in one directory (or set of directories).
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

This is looking really good. If there are any volunteers to take cool third-person pictures of the levels and see if they can be of some use to the wiki, please let me know, I'll be glad to assist!