Pluses (+) and minuses (−) of this day

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Re: Pluses (+) and minuses (−) of this day

Post by Steo »

+ Went to my grandmothers today and talked to my cousin and uncle for a few hours to catch up.
+ I might be going on a little holiday soon.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

+ Ooh, sounds great! I wonder where to? Either way I hope you have lots of fun :D
+ I'm almost finished with my online Linux course, so next week I plan to start putting time aside to practice what I've learned in that class so I'll be certain I've understood the material clearly. From my experience of working on a Linux system in college, I still remember how to do some basic stuff such as copying and renaming files (cp and mv i think), and I have worked in a vi editor so I haven't forgotten much there. Though there still seems to be much for me to learn in Linux as I had no idea about things such as permissions, pipes, environment variables, aliases etc.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78355

Post by Fifo »

The Jonster wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:44 am + I'm almost finished with my online Linux course, so next week I plan to start putting time aside to practice what I've learned in that class so I'll be certain I've understood the material clearly. From my experience of working on a Linux system in college, I still remember how to do some basic stuff such as copying and renaming files (cp and mv i think), and I have worked in a vi editor so I haven't forgotten much there. Though there still seems to be much for me to learn in Linux as I had no idea about things such as permissions, pipes, environment variables, aliases etc.
Ooh, nice! Good luck :)
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

The Jonster wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:44 am + Ooh, sounds great! I wonder where to? Either way I hope you have lots of fun :D
+ I'm almost finished with my online Linux course, so next week I plan to start putting time aside to practice what I've learned in that class so I'll be certain I've understood the material clearly. From my experience of working on a Linux system in college, I still remember how to do some basic stuff such as copying and renaming files (cp and mv i think), and I have worked in a vi editor so I haven't forgotten much there. Though there still seems to be much for me to learn in Linux as I had no idea about things such as permissions, pipes, environment variables, aliases etc.
To Waterford for a week with some family just to get away from here for a bit.

Linux is really interesting and we should all be learning as much as we can about it. :D
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

+ Played some co-op today in Portal 2 with jurebj and it was quite fun, we enjoyed it. :)
- There were some parts though like the maze for example when one of you goes through it and the other stands on the Heavy Duty buttons where we overcomplicated stuff when it was way easier and way more logical than we thokught, but I guess that goes along the way also.
- Online with random people in Portal 2 co-op is way worse tho, one person I've played against put way too many Wheatley space cores shoving me around left and right because he was a hacker.
+ I love the Space core, SSSSSPPPPAAAAAAACCCEEE!
+ I also love how the final portal you shoot is to the Moon, that's so cool. :)
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

+ Just topped up my phone today and got a monthly plan.
+ It's great to not be on bill pay. :D

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Bills suck, congratulations on getting rid of bills! :D

Had a busy 3 days so far (including Sunday), with driving the next 3 days onward.
+ For Mothers' Day (yeah in America it's in May) my family went to a Korean bbq grill place for lunch. And yet, mom somehow ate less than the rest of us cuz she decided to get all the side dishes instead. :lol:
+ Yesterday my mom had some friends over so I helped her cook. Couldn't go anywhere for hours but once I did I got some job searching done.
+/- Today I was supposed to go get my trim and I had a gym appointment today, except strange circumstances have left me watching over my cousin's dog most of the day instead. Oh well, at least I had a good day anyways.
+ Still playing Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, but once I finish that I want to start replaying Rayman games I've played again (and finally finish up Legends' main story!).
Steo wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:17 am
The Jonster wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:44 am + Ooh, sounds great! I wonder where to? Either way I hope you have lots of fun :D
To Waterford for a week with some family just to get away from here for a bit.

Linux is really interesting and we should all be learning as much as we can about it. :D
Fifo wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 5:59 amOoh, nice! Good luck :)
Thanks you guys! The more I listen to the course I realise just how little I actually DO know about Linux :P
It is indeed fascinating to learn. Someday I'd like to have a computer that just runs Linux and try to adjust to using that so I don't always have to depend on my Windows computer. :mrgreen:

And I hope you enjoy your holiday if you do decide to go! ;)
Last edited by The Jonster on Wed May 15, 2019 7:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78355

Post by Fifo »

+/- woke up at ~5AM
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

- PC's have a lot of problems when you want to play games.
+ They're a lot more powerful than consoles when they actually decide to work properly.

Aaron
Vendeur

Post by Aaron »

+ Have a perfect idea for a great test chamber in Portal 2 that's interesting and there's depth in it.
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

Steo wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:09 am - PC's have a lot of problems when you want to play games.
+ They're a lot more powerful than consoles when they actually decide to work properly.
You could be right about that. Though, It would be crazy that lag and other issues could just be deceiving us from knowing the "true video game console".
Aaron
Vendeur

Post by Aaron »

+ Went karting again and it was flipping amazing! Well, in the beginning, I used the gas pedal sparingly, but after a while, I started to do that less and I learned how to steer with the steering wheel more effectively so I can take better turns and also faster. I was driving with my dad and it was really fun! We chose to go for 8 minutes instead of 4 because while 4 is cheaper, it's way too little time and you're gonna have to finish when you were just starting to feel it and truly get the hang of it. 8 minutes on the other hand is just enough because while it might be fun, it's also pretty tiring after a while but that goes without saying.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

– Hot
– Hungry
+ Very intense meeting today, which went on for almost seven hours! We worked through a lot of stuff and we're way more aligned on what's going on.
+ Got the go-ahead for two ideas I'd been wanting to try!
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

- Way too hot!
- Way too tired!

Help me! :lol:

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Beer? :beer:

- I didn't get much sleep last night, I'm probably going to end up napping in my car at least once today.
+ I finally finished reediting my resume last night though! Just need to get it checked by a job counselor today before I start again. :)
+ I've gotten started on the Back to Origins Paintings in Legends. Not as great as the original levels in my opinion, but still pretty nice. Currently working on Desert of Dijeridoos.
Iggydoodles
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by Iggydoodles »

- Makes me wonder what people gain for hurting you.

+ About 4 weeks away till I attend a convention
Aaron
Vendeur

Post by Aaron »

- Got locked out because I forgot to put my keys in my other bag.
+ There is a positive to that though: I talked a bit with my neighbor so that was good at least, that also proving that every negative has its positives.
+ It was announced that there won't be school this week's Friday! Yay for extended weekends! :teuf: :partyhat:
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

+ Completed all GTA Vice City Stories via PPSSPP.
- Not 100% completed, though.
+ Bulletproof limo did not despawn.
+ Army fatigue is back so access is okay for Fort Baxton.
-/+ I am reconsidering from joining any Rayman server there is. Shit that happens in these things are not even what happens elsewhere, in my opinion.
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

- Been keeping quiet for a few days now, I just needed a little time off from Rayman communities and pretty much the web in general tbh. I've stopped using my phone to search the web for anything since I really don't need to excessively use my phone like I have previously. I think the slight drawback from not being around is I may have done a little spree posting for a bit. :oops2:
+ I finally got my VM server up though, yay! Been testing Mint and Ubuntu on Virtualbox for the past few days now, and after testing it seems that Mint works better for me than Ubuntu does, as Ubuntu for some reason keeps crashing randomly more often than Mint does, which can be inconvenient.
+/- Still mostly fixated on 1 series to play, but I've started alternating between 2-3 games again.
Aaron
Vendeur

Post by Aaron »

- I mean, I don't need to always be active on this forum I know, but I'm not quite as active here as I used to be because I got so used to being on Discord and I'm trying to change that because firstly, I just want to be more active here and second, I really want to reach the Rayman 1 or Rayman 2 rank someday, cuz those are amazing! And, I want to reach the last rank, the Rayman Origins rank someday too if I can.
+ I've been taking the cat outside on the leash recently and I love being outside!