Rayman Arena (Dolphin Emulator) HD Texture Pack

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
ICUP321
Bébé Globox
Tings: 625

Rayman Arena (Dolphin Emulator) HD Texture Pack

Post by ICUP321 »

This is an HD Texture Pack that uses Dolphin Emulator's custom texture loading feature.
This Texture Pack up-scales nearly all of the default textures from Rayman Arena for the Nintendo GameCube with the official higher quality textures from multiple versions of Rayman Arena. Most of them either come from the PC version or the Xbox version which also contains higher quality textures, however some other Rayman games contain identical textures in higher quality which were also used for this texture pack.

Contents:
*Over 1000+ HD Textures that come from multiple versions of Rayman Arena.
*Full NTSC-U Support. There is no PAL version as the GameCube and Xbox versions were not released in Europe.
*Support for multi-player modes which use lower-quality texture variants.

Gameplay Videos:

Race Mode Playthrough:

Battle Mode Playthrough:

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dc5kdmux51b4 ... J7nOa?dl=0

Installation:
1. After you've downloaded all the .zip files, copy all of them, but don't extract them.
2. If you have never used Dolphin Emulator, open it first and configure it. (It will create files when you use it for the first time.)
3. Then, on Dolphin Emulator, click the "Tools" tab and select "Resource Pack Manager".
4. Once there, click on "Open Directory...". It will open up a directory on File Explorer.
5. Paste all of the .zip files in that directory and then click on "Refresh".
6. The packs should now show up, install the main texture pack and whichever controller HUD you want to use.
7. Then, on Dolphin Emulator, click on the "Graphics" icon. This will open up the Graphics configuration window.
8. Click on the Advanced tab. Under the Utility section, check-mark the "Load Custom Textures" and "Prefetch Custom Textures" boxes.
9. Now you are ready to play Rayman Arena with HD Textures!
Last edited by ICUP321 on Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Re: Rayman Arena (Dolphin Emulator) HD Texture Pack (WIP)

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Oh thanks a lot! I will try it before the end of the week.
SuperGT
Lums
Tings: 35

Post by SuperGT »

This one is awesome and very easy to install, too bad my pc barely handles native res x 2 so it doesn't shine as much.
But seriously, if i'm being annoying just tell me. I am that same person that commented on the battle video, asking how you got through the Rise and Shrine load screen, because it crashes apparently in all Dolphin versions. I've been looking for a fix to this this whole month and I concluded with nothing yet you can play it just fine. So i'm asking once again, how did you do it, or if you are playing on another emulator such as Nintendon't, or the original Gamecube. The Dolphin forums have been trying to fix this for over 10 years. And because of that, many have not played the second half of the game (my save is at literally 50%) and the trick (mash A and use 150% of emulated clock speed, and use real xfb) is extremely hard and hasn't worked in the newer builds due to how fast they are capable of emulating.
ICUP321
Bébé Globox

Post by ICUP321 »

SuperGT wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:37 pm This one is awesome and very easy to install, too bad my pc barely handles native res x 2 so it doesn't shine as much.
But seriously, if i'm being annoying just tell me. I am that same person that commented on the battle video, asking how you got through the Rise and Shrine load screen, because it crashes apparently in all Dolphin versions. I've been looking for a fix to this this whole month and I concluded with nothing yet you can play it just fine. So i'm asking once again, how did you do it, or if you are playing on another emulator such as Nintendon't, or the original Gamecube. The Dolphin forums have been trying to fix this for over 10 years. And because of that, many have not played the second half of the game (my save is at literally 50%) and the trick (mash A and use 150% of emulated clock speed, and use real xfb) is extremely hard and hasn't worked in the newer builds due to how fast they are capable of emulating.
I'll be honest, I actually have NO IDEA how I'm able to bypass the Rise and Shrine crash using the latest development versions of Dolphin Emulator. I can bypass it just fine by doing the 150%+ CPU overclock trick and mashing the A button during the loading screen and it works just fine for me. However, many other people who've tried to do this on newer builds of Dolphin can't seem to do it even though they're doing the exact same thing I did, which is really weird. Even RibShark, the one who discovered the 150%+ CPU overclock trick can't even do this on newer Dolphin versions anymore, but I can. Either I have some sort of specific settings that make it work somehow, or it's completely hardware-dependent which in my case I have a pretty decent mid-high-end PC.
SuperGT
Lums

Post by SuperGT »

Well I do hope it is not hardware dependent. What version were you using exactly? (I was using 12247, the latest beta at that moment) and what are your settings? if it is too much of a hassle posting like 100 screenshots of the settings you maybe can just use dolphin.ini found in Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Config by default, but make sure to make a copy and edit it elsewhere and make sure remove all paths, the netplay section, analytics ID, and maybe the wireless mac and everything that may have personal information, even though I don't know exactly what some of them mean or what them show, i'd like to stay safe, or just pm it if you want.
Ill see what my pc can do about it.
And what do you mean bypass it, did you actually bypass it in the video by mashing A? I thought it went through the intro just fine in the video, if you did, Ill try harder next time I try to bypass it, and map A to the keyboard so it's more spammable (because I usually use a controller)
And my pc is not that fast, so it should have been easier somehow.
SuperGT
Lums

Post by SuperGT »

Latest news: the crash has been finally solved, In the video's comments Russell Baldwin responded to our confused comments saying that he found the solution, he actually did, I tested it, tried TAS Input with the A Button (Which worked) and did some other things.
Basically start the game without Dual Core (It's not that demanding anyways) Go to Rise and Shrine and when you are about to start the level change the CPU clock rate to 400% (The max, and don't worry, it doesn't break anything) Start the level and Spam A OR Start the level using TAS input with Enable Controller Input enabled, for it to work you just have to right click the A Button box and a black square should appear. The game will start spamming A, starting the level and the loading screen, and when it ends the level will play normally, also uncheck the A Button in the countdown and start playing, otherwise your character will start breakdancing.
Tested in build 12247
ICUP321
Bébé Globox

Post by ICUP321 »

SuperGT wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:51 pm Latest news: the crash has been finally solved, In the video's comments Russell Baldwin responded to our confused comments saying that he found the solution, he actually did, I tested it, tried TAS Input with the A Button (Which worked) and did some other things.
Basically start the game without Dual Core (It's not that demanding anyways) Go to Rise and Shrine and when you are about to start the level change the CPU clock rate to 400% (The max, and don't worry, it doesn't break anything) Start the level and Spam A OR Start the level using TAS input with Enable Controller Input enabled, for it to work you just have to right click the A Button box and a black square should appear. The game will start spamming A, starting the level and the loading screen, and when it ends the level will play normally, also uncheck the A Button in the countdown and start playing, otherwise your character will start breakdancing.
Tested in build 12247
Oh, I think disabling the Dual Core speedhack as well as overclocking the CPU to 150%+ is what made it work for me. The reason I disabled Dual Core is because the GC version of Rayman 3 can crash if you have Dual Core enabled (although it's rare), so I probably didn't realize that would also positively affect Rayman Arena. Good to see that a new workaround was found, I knew there was something I changed in the settings that made it work! :o
Zinx
Tribelle
Tings: 270

Post by Zinx »

You can also play the game on CXBX-R the Xbox emulatorr as an alternative to avoid the bug.
But there is no hd texture pack for that version yet .
Disabling dual core is too demanding for my laptop anyway.
SuperGT
Lums

Post by SuperGT »

CXBX-R? Never heard of it, is it a very demanding emulator?
By the way if disabling dual core is too demanding you can also try getting past the loading screen, save a state in the countdown, quit the game, enable dual core, get in it again, and load the state. I don't know if it will crash if you use dual core during the fight because I always thought it was just the loading screen
ICUP321
Bébé Globox

Re: Rayman Arena (Dolphin Emulator) HD Texture Pack

Post by ICUP321 »

Okay, I've finally updated this texture pack to add ALL of the lower-quality texture variants in multi-player mode, so now when you play with 3+ players the texture quality won't look horribly pixelated. This was a really boring and repetitive process because I had to do this for hundreds of textures which is why I held off on finishing this for months. :P

I can safely say now this texture pack is pretty much finished now.
SuperGT
Lums

Post by SuperGT »

Nice! Now we need someone to host a netplay session, this game is so damn dead.
I actually host some no password sessions on the latest beta sometimes, see if someone joins.
Turns out nobody has the game.
Sad.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

It doesn't make it any easier that only Arena has the LAN play option while M doesn't. I guess when it comes to emulation it won't matter, but it would mean that people who bought M for PC (like me) will need to get a copy of Arena instead if they ever want to try it out.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
SuperGT
Lums

Post by SuperGT »

Then you can use Parsec, I've never used it, but I heard it's great. You can use that to play local multiplayer with an emulated GC copy, Arena for pc or M for pc. Though the pc versions only support 2 players in contrast to GC's and Ps2's 4 player mode. But if someone has the GC copy, everyone can play since only the host needs the game when you're using Parsec, well, that's what I've heard at least, same with the other versions.