Rayman ReDesigner

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros
Tings: 2780

Re: Rayman ReDesigner

Post by RaymanRedemption »

Thanks for anwser, I didn't know theses tiles come from Rayman Junior :)

Anyway, if you need help to play Eraser Plains remix, here's a video showing how to play the fourth section with Dark Rayman.
That's the most difficult one btw: https://vimeo.com/514617556

In the same time, here's how to play the complete level The Rescue without dying: https://vimeo.com/514624812
Enjoy! :)
Terror Notes spread Chaos in Band Land!
:arrow: https://youtu.be/VLHLHlrNPpI

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610234

Post by Hunchman801 »

The speed at which the spiky platforms fall is quite scary, to say the least!
lumgum
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 10688

Post by lumgum »

The Joy of Painting

paintpreview.png
paintpreview.png (40.53 KiB) Viewed 4549 times

Difficulty: Easy
Version: 1.1.1
Description: Why don't we go ahead and paint some happy little platforms?

Finally, I have decided to complete a level. This level is very short and, as I'm sure you can see, is based on MS Paint. Can Rayman use his trusty new paintfist to punch a way out of the program? Or will he be forever trapped in the realm of free pre-installed graphics editors?

The_Joy_of_Painting_By_Lumgum.zip
(29.55 KiB) Downloaded 174 times

Dark Rayman says hi! I'm also still in Candy Chateau!
My current rank is: Medieval Dragon! Perhaps some minty freshness will cool down that breath!
RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros

lumgum wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:11 pm The Joy of Painting
Nice little level! :)
I like the idea of hot water plates to avoid ! :mrgreen:

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (90.1 KiB) Viewed 4543 times

And also the end where we see Rayman going slower because of the lag! :oops2:
https://vimeo.com/515294890

Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

lumgum wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:11 pm The Joy of Painting

Difficulty: Easy
Version: 1.1.1
Description: Why don't we go ahead and paint some happy little platforms?

Finally, I have decided to complete a level. This level is very short and, as I'm sure you can see, is based on MS Paint. Can Rayman use his trusty new paintfist to punch a way out of the program? Or will he be forever trapped in the realm of free pre-installed graphics editors?

The_Joy_of_Painting_By_Lumgum.zip
Haha, gotta appreciate that sweet Bob Ross reference! :nostalgic:
Nice level! Very short and easy, but an extremely creative use of the Paint Fist and custom backgrounds! :D
I’ve added the link in the first post! :up:

RaymanRedemption wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:10 pm And also the end where we see Rayman going slower because of the lag! :oops2:
https://vimeo.com/515294890
Woah! Now that’s what I call a lag! :shock:
I do tend to have some slowdowns when there are too many Rainbow Tings or Lives but it’s never this bad! :shock:
But anyway, the lag isn’t a mistake, it’s a happy little accident. :winkgrin:
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

As a huge fan of MS Paint, I can only appreciate the idea of creating a map around this theme! :nostalgic:
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Great news! The Dacia Sandero-... Ryemanni has announced at the beginning of his latest stream on ReDesigner that we’re gonna get a website (made by someone he knows) to share our levels! :)
And if he loses the Redemption speedrun with Glackum, we’ll get rubberbanding water. :hap:

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Sounds like a great idea! I would suggest that you still still upload them here as a backup, in case that website is discontinued one day.

Also, for those interested, you can read more about the race here.
RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros

Version 1.2.0 has been released!
https://gamejolt.com/p/version-1-2-0-ha ... l-n5zp8xa9

Changelog :

-Added a new item called 'Bolls' which work like the old coloured tings
-Added an option to make rising water rubberband
-Added the extras menu into the main menu
-Changed the name of the direction strings on direction blocks
-Fixed corrupted section bug when dying while a magician exit is activated
-Fixed being able to push joeballs underwater with quick jumping
-Fixed some tileset template errors
-Fixed not being able to killdoor some falling platforms after they were used once
-Fixed sprite error while using a checkpoint with a custom skin
-Fixed being able to ride a pan while on a mount
-Fixed grimace stopping all movement while on a pan
-Fixed killdoor releated crash
-Fixed an ui error when finishing a level while invincible
-Fixed used ting gendoors and killdoors repeating their sfx all at once when restarting
-Fixed gendoored candy balls rotating the wrong way
-Fixed cages and other times not reacting to bouncy tiles properly
-Fixed gendoored ufo speed blocks not working properly when gendoored
-Fixed not all enemies reacting to water properly
-Fixed Rayman being able to go off screen while hanging on a ring
-Fixed an error in the bundled level 'Curse Chaos'

« This will most likely be the final content update. There will be bug fixes if need to be, but you don't expect any more new additions. » (Rye's quote) :(

Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Yup… sadly this is most likely going to be the final content update. :cry:
Even though a lot more could have been expected... The game is already fantastic as it is, but it’s pretty weird not to see more stuff when even some of the things in the game itself hinted at new features (like the dialogue sound setting).
Ryemanni is probably tired of working on Rayman fangames… After all, he has done so much since these past years… The Dark Magician’s Reign of Terror, Redemption, The Spooky Raymansion 1 and 2, Rayman Bowling 2 and now Rayman ReDesigner. And that’s without mentioning his cancelled games (like the one similar to Rayman GBC he once showcased in a video).
Even if it’s disappointing, I can only be very grateful for all the work he has done on these amazing games that brought me such great times.

Maybe some new things could be added through modding if it’s really possible…

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:22 pm Maybe some new things could be added through modding if it’s really possible…
The ideal solution would be to build an extension system into the game but otherwise, the simplest one is just to open source it and let people have it their way.
RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros

Antitoon's army

antitoons-army - Copie.png
antitoons-army - Copie.png (208.27 KiB) Viewed 4360 times

Difficulty: Hard
ReDesigner version: 1.2.0
Goal: The final fight against Mr Dark and his antitoon's army! :mrgreen:

Have fun! :)
EDIT : Added an optional zip folder that contains codes to generate hundred of antitoons with JavaScript
EDIT 2 : Working on an important update of this level, I remove the original version, stay tuned
Attachments
Antitoons_army_optional_codes.zip
(5.16 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Last edited by RaymanRedemption on Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Hunchman801 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:10 pm
Rayman Saturn wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:22 pm Maybe some new things could be added through modding if it’s really possible…
The ideal solution would be to build an extension system into the game but otherwise, the simplest one is just to open source it and let people have it their way.
Yeah, seems like asking for the source code would be the most reasonable option, though it’s not absolutely sure Ryemanni would be willing to share it. We’ll see…
It’s a bit weird and disappointing to already drop such an editor with so much potential when so much more could still be done. It could really become the ultimate Rayman 1 game and the perfect tool to create some fanmade sequels or faithful remakes. If it’s too tiring to keep working on this game alone, then let’s allow some other experienced people in the community continue the work instead.

RaveyDavey1993
Lums Bleu
Tings: 100

Post by RaveyDavey1993 »

Hey guys I have had a go at my first Rayman Redesigner level called Secret Caves. I have tested it on all versions of Redesigner and it works as it should. When you download, remember to put all custom content into the R.R. custom folder for it to work properly. The story goes that Rayman falls onto a loosened stone during a tropical storm in The Dream Forest and plunges down into some hidden caverns. The rest is for you guys to explore. I hope you all enjoy it. I had lots of fun making it.

And download link below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5uiozgvd99g4 ... 3.zip?dl=0

Version without the custom content:
Secret_Caves.zip
(78.3 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros

RaveyDavey1993 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:15 pm Hey guys I have had a go at my first Rayman Redesigner level called Secret Caves. I have tested it on all versions of Redesigner and it works as it should. When you download, remember to put all custom content into the R.R. custom folder for it to work properly. The story goes that Rayman falls onto a loosened stone during a tropical storm in The Dream Forest and plunges down into some hidden caverns. The rest is for you guys to explore. I hope you all enjoy it. I had lots of fun making it.
Hello Ravey!
I played your level, it's a good one!

I recorded my party in two videos : p1.mp4 and after, p2.mp4. The videos are so big that I couldn't upload them on my YouTube channel, so you can download the videos here:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xfn2e01v97tit/Party1

I'll give you a feedback for each section:

Section 1 : That's my favorite section! The difficulty is well balanced and I appreciate the fact that we have 5 HP at the beginning. This section is perfect as it is! :)

Section 2 : This section is good, but I think you can add more checkpoints inside, or, remove the instakill properties of some spiky balls. Indeed, the instakill properties give to the level a high-difficulty because you have to cross the section without doing any mistake. Here, we also have the water that moves up, we have so two difficulties at the same time (avoid spiky instakill balls + go fast). It's maybe too difficult if you plan to updrade the difficulty step by step, section by section.

(English isn't my first language,I speak French, sorry if sometimes I'm not clear)

Section 3 : Here you put more checkpoints and this is a good point! I'm very bad at playing with the shotrocket, it tooks me a while to deal with it. In this section, it's hard to activate the lever but it was very easy to take the gift. Maybe you can invert: it's best if it's quite easy to cross the section, but, very hard to collect the collectibles.

Section 4 : I think there are too many instakills balls in this section. We already seen a lot of them in the previous sections. I think you could change a bit this section with new ennemies or other ways to play. I was getting a bit bored to see red instakills balls everywhere. But I liked to play with theses UFO platforms.

Section 5 : A very difficult one, theses instakills balls are very fast and the player didn't have so much times to anticipate them the first time he comes in the section. I get game over in this section :confus:

I enjoyed to play, thanks for the level! :mrgreen:
PS : I loved the custom backgrounds!

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Welcome, RaveyDavey, and congrats on your level, it looks really good! I have attached, for the record, a version without the custom content to your message, and I've added it to the list of levels in the first post. :up:
RaveyDavey1993
Lums Bleu

Post by RaveyDavey1993 »

Hunchman801 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:54 pm Welcome, RaveyDavey, and congrats on your level, it looks really good! I have attached, for the record, a version without the custom content to your message, and I've added it to the list of levels in the first post. :up:
Thanks very much for that. :D I will remember to do that in the future.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I've added Pink Plant Woods RedRemix by RaymanRedemption to the first post. :)
RaveyDavey1993
Lums Bleu

Post by RaveyDavey1993 »

Hello again guys. I'm back with a brand new Redesigner level. Paintbrush Piazza. As you can imagine it's a Picture City themed level. This was a lot of fun to make. Especially the custom backgrounds. I never liked how the original one reuses the wooden wall for half of it. But you will see I changed it up quite a bit. Please enjoy the level. Feedback is always great.

Download Link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7vt3nflxc9fu ... 3.zip?dl=0

Version without the custom content:
Paintbrush_Piazza_By_.txt.zip
(32.76 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros

RaveyDavey1993 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:25 am Hello again guys. I'm back with a brand new Redesigner level. Paintbrush Piazza. As you can imagine it's a Picture City themed level. This was a lot of fun to make. Especially the custom backgrounds. I never liked how the original one reuses the wooden wall for half of it. But you will see I changed it up quite a bit. Please enjoy the level. Feedback is always great.
Hey!
I played your level and I loved it! :)
The level design is very good, the difficulty is well balanced and I really enjoyed this level!

Custom backgrounds and musics are great, it gets a peaceful ambiance that I really appreciate.
It's one of my favorite level in Rayman ReDesigner, you've done a great work!

I think I found a little bug: the token cost for the magician is 0 actually, maybe you can set it to 3 or 4?
Here's the time for my first try:

Paintbrush_Piazza_By_RaveyDavey1993.PNG
Paintbrush_Piazza_By_RaveyDavey1993.PNG (96.49 KiB) Viewed 4078 times

Keep it up, I'm already hyped for your next level! :up: