Rayman himself

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Marx-Y
Magicien Ptizetre
Tings: 2425

Re: Rayman himself

Post by Marx-Y »

in the Rayman 3 early production article appear this image in the concept art section:
Concept_8.jpeg
Concept_8.jpeg (127.91 KiB) Viewed 3920 times
but this image also appear in the concept art section of the TV series article.
I thinking, this image it's actually from Rayman 2000, one of the ideas from that game was, the areas are based in urban towns or cities, this concept art looks more resembles to that idea. some ideas from Rayman 2000 were reused for Rayman 3 and the TV series.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Maybe it's worth looking at the projects the artist (Éric Pélatan here) worked on?
ItzalDrake
Reflux
Tings: 8658

Post by ItzalDrake »

Yeah it is! I've just found his portfolio that contains interesting stuff about Rayman TV series, games and other stuff he made for Ubisoft :D

It's weird to see that he has modified a Rayman concept art and removed him :oops2:
Attachments
xuPVLq3.jpg
xuPVLq3.jpg (55.21 KiB) Viewed 3903 times
71e79956-d319-4b12-bccf-e74de12cbbac.jpg
71e79956-d319-4b12-bccf-e74de12cbbac.jpg (961.19 KiB) Viewed 3903 times
Hello! Image
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

By some incredible luck, I came accross the statue Michel Ancel had shown in his "Rayman 4 post" on Instagram a few years ago. As noticeable by a few details like the mark on Rayman's nose or the look of the shop's counter, it appears to be indeed the exact place where Michel Ancel found this statue! You can compare with the original post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BaI0eAwAEPb/?hl=fr
Rayman is still there almost exactly 4 years later!
Rayman 4 Statue.png
Rayman 4 Statue.png (2.86 MiB) Viewed 3890 times
Ray Statue.png
Ray Statue.png (2.87 MiB) Viewed 3890 times
Now, Rayman is making sure everyone is respecting the sanitary measures in the store. :noel:
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

An RPC member finds the statue four years after Michel says he needs to bring him back for his fourth adventure? And of course the sceptre has four sides – Rayman 4 confirmed! :teuf: :fou:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

This one pops up on eBay every now and then, I remember there was one of those in the Ubisoft office in Paris that I visited in 2003.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

A few days ago, Ubisoft Latinoamérica dropped a video about the legacy of Rayman. At the end, the content creator teases the possibility of a new Rayman proyect saying something that translates roughly to: "Could it be that soon we will witness the return of this iconic character? What remains now is to wait and continue to get excited with the games of the series that feeds our nostalgia".

I wonder if this was a mistake, since the last time Ubisoft tried to tease a new Rayman proyect, they deleted the post and apologized for the misunderstanding.
Marx-Y
Magicien Ptizetre

Post by Marx-Y »

Davide Soliani post in twitter this.
I love Rayman. It was the first game I ever worked on in the game industry when I first started as a game designer (even if in those days, game designers were also working on level design). One day I wish to make you happy about that. I’ll do my best.
I hope the new team has the same Michel Ancel's vision about game design and direction.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

Yes, I saw that tweet yesterday, it's great to know that are people at Ubisoft that still like Rayman. Another example would be Margot Casiro (Technical Artist at Ubisoft) who said this in ArtStation:
Another stylised one ! I'm a big fan of Rayman and I think it's the most fun material I've worked on.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Soliani's enthusiasm is always pleasant to see, but it will take more than good will to bring Rayman back.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

PluMGMK wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:06 pm An RPC member finds the statue four years after Michel says he needs to bring him back for his fourth adventure? And of course the sceptre has four sides – Rayman 4 confirmed! :teuf: :fou:
I’m ashamed of having thought of the first half of this joke as well. :hap:
Also, one of the symbols around the top of the sceptre looks like a distorted 4... RAYMAN 4’S SOURCE CODE IS HIDDEN INSIDE OMG!!! :fou:
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
Marx-Y
Magicien Ptizetre

Post by Marx-Y »

About if Rayman will back, maybe yes but for that need some years.
the majors Rayman games take many years in development like 3,4 or more years for polish. In those years the development of the new major Rayman game not began yet. But I feeling little worry for the new team, I hopefully that the new team that is working on the new game soon, can understand the Ancel's directions and philosophies for the game's design.
TTK
Poilu
Tings: 2035

Post by TTK »

This is cool, i've been wanting a new rayman, especially a new 3d one!
Meerjel01
Incrediball
Tings: 365

Post by Meerjel01 »

Perfect Rayman
Perfect Rayman
Perfect Rayman.png (1.43 MiB) Viewed 3661 times
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Not bad! What do the multicoloured circles around him represent?
Meerjel01
Incrediball
Tings: 365

Post by Meerjel01 »

PluMGMK wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:22 pm Not bad! What do the multicoloured circles around him represent?
Nothing. I just got it in my head when I thought about an art style for a Rayman 2 remaster. (But the grain is black)
Marx-Y
Magicien Ptizetre

Post by Marx-Y »

I thinking something about the Ubiart games.
The Ubiart games lack some gameplay elements that are major part for Rayman, like the Plums, a equivalent of purple lums, etc. Also, the characters design and the musics has different feeling than the originals three Rayman games. including the logos for every Ubiart games that looks different to the originals games.
Although Origins and Legend are considered from the mainline games. I thinking that both games with other Ubiart Rayman games are from other line (including the mobile games). generally sometimes I see that the mobile games appear simultaneously with Origins and Legends, like if the games has a connection, not only for use the same engine and aesthetic. It began with Origins, end with Mini.
Origins isn't a sequel or prequel of the original three games, it's actually a reboot. Although was originally intended for be a prequel for Rayman 1.
while the Rayman from the originals three games since Rayman 1 to Rayman 3 is still waiting.
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40813

Post by dr_st »

Marx-Y wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:32 am The Ubiart games lack some gameplay elements that are major part for Rayman, like the Plums, a equivalent of purple lums, etc.
Well, the Swingman is an equivalent of purple lums, but indeed I cannot think of an equivalent of plums.
Marx-Y wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:32 amOrigins isn't a sequel or prequel of the original three games, it's actually a reboot.
It certainly feels so.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I also consider the UbiArt games as not really part of the main series, and belonging to a different timeline.
Marx-Y
Magicien Ptizetre

Post by Marx-Y »

The differences between the Ubiart games and the original three games about the gameplay are the next:
in the original games Rayman has health bar (and lives count in Rayman 1 and other 2D games). but in The ubiart games, Rayman and the other characters only can get a hit if they has a Heart.
The Plum, don't any apparition in the Ubiart games.
A object with ring form that flying, like The flying rings, the Purple Lums and flying hook, Don't appear in the Ubiart games. I know that exist the Swingman, is similar, but no identical.
Rayman never do the Grimace ability in the Ubiart games.
The combat is different, generally based on using short distance attacks and performing combos, unlike the combat from the three games that is based on distance and dodge. I know, this will based in RRR prototype.