The Pirate-Community Documentary

For all things related to Pirate-Community and its websites.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by PluMGMK »

Are you talking to Beebop? He hasn't been here for years. The documentary is maintained as a community effort! :mrgreen:
arnoldfranklin
Carnivora
Tings: 12665

Post by arnoldfranklin »

Should Eeeebray finding out about Rayman 2: Back to School be added to September 2021? This is the page of the Rayman 2 forum that has this: https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... tart=10000 (You will have to scroll down.)
"I am the greatest hero of all time. I get three Globox stamps." ~ Globox himself
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122685

Post by Elite Piranha »

I don't know if that finding is significant enough to be included. Btw, you can get the link for a specific post if you click on the title that is above the username and date of the post:
https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p1438146
arnoldfranklin
Carnivora

Post by arnoldfranklin »

How about in February 2005, the domain was changed to raymanpc.com originally being hunchman801.jexiste.fr
https://web.archive.org/web/20050209190 ... l.php?l=uk
Oh I guess it already says somewhat about it but we could at least include the old website.
"I am the greatest hero of all time. I get three Globox stamps." ~ Globox himself
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

For October of this year we could add the stuff about the release of a Rayman Arena that is easy to install on Windows 10/11. I think the first two versions of the game were released on October. The third version/update (v. 1.1.0) was released on November 4th.
Last edited by Elite Piranha on Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3455

Post by DavidSosa »

Also the `Rayman Raving Rabbids Leaderboards revival´ is already finished by Droolie, Plum and me (idea only) it just needs to be released by hunchie and being documented here
i hate myself
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I've added about Justaxe, and about the old domain prior to Feb 2005. As for the RRR leaderboards revival, it's not "finished" by any means. Sure, we can decrypt the codes, but turning it into a full leaderboard tracking everyone's score will take more work than that.
Flat Earth Society
Ray Noir & Blanc
Tings: 925030

Post by Flat Earth Society »

PluMGMK wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:43 pm I've added about Justaxe, and about the old domain prior to Feb 2005. As for the RRR leaderboards revival, it's not "finished" by any means. Sure, we can decrypt the codes, but turning it into a full leaderboard tracking everyone's score will take more work than that.
Good luck with it!
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

What are we going to add for November?
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Elite Piranha wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:55 am What are we going to add for November?
For November, I've added Adsolution's announcement of RaymapGame, since it's on the same level as Raymap itself, which was already mentioned. Is there anything else I should put?

Then for December I've got the Christmas banners and Squiz modding Rayman ReDesigner, and for January I've got the ReDesigner anniversary update and Rayman Saturn's discovery of the Redemption secret. There's a lot of fangame news there – should I add all the other fangames that appeared during 2021?
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Thanks for updating the main post, it is crazy what Adsolution did. I'm not sure if there is a policy regarding what kind of fangame news should be added to the documentary, I guess it is up to the admin's judgment.
Indy
Crapaud blindé
Location: Echoing Caves and my work department in a corner of my house.
Tings: 15801

Post by Indy »

A little late, but after learning what the Jlfksjlfl actually stood for and may have caused made me switch teams.
PSN: Toxic_Dragon_96
Twitter: DeltaVelocity
arnoldfranklin
Carnivora

Post by arnoldfranklin »

So, the source code for Rayman Raving Rabbids DS might be something for Febuary.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

Indeed, it's a major event! Let's wait to see what we find in there before we write about it, though. :D
arnoldfranklin
Carnivora

Post by arnoldfranklin »

How about Thextera getting a damage-less Rayman 1 run. I found out from Twitter, that even website The Gamer made an article about it.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

For those interested, you can discuss it here. :)
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I added it, thanks for making me think of it Arnold!
Retrofuge
Reflux
Tings: 8045

Post by Retrofuge »

Maybe, adding the discovery for Rayman 2: Back To School thread would be interesting to add to the documentary. Despite being posted on April Fools. It's very cool discovery if it was legit. But I think it is. So much unreleased Rayman content is surfacing all of the sudden.

I exist, just finding stuff of interest.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

PluMGMK wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:13 pm Yep! And that's why I went missing for a day, because it took me that long to twig that my manually configured hosts file was still pointing me at the old server!
A nerd with a hosts file is a very dangerous thing… The same thing just happened to me again with the Irish Times. :boon: Obviously I'd made the entry some day when things weren't working very well, then forgot about it later… (Yes I did just quote a four-year-old message from myself :hinhin:)

Anyway… Should the Rayman 4 DS video go in the doc I wonder?
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78135

Post by The Jonster »

PluMGMK wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:53 pm
PluMGMK wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:13 pm Yep! And that's why I went missing for a day, because it took me that long to twig that my manually configured hosts file was still pointing me at the old server!
A nerd with a hosts file is a very dangerous thing… The same thing just happened to me again with the Irish Times. :boon: Obviously I'd made the entry some day when things weren't working very well, then forgot about it later… (Yes I did just quote a four-year-old message from myself :hinhin:)

Anyway… Should the Rayman 4 DS video go in the doc I wonder?
Oh for sure, we should add this for June! And on the subject, did anything happen during May? Aside from RD being announced?
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L