RayTunes - The Definitive Rayman Music Archive

Talk about the Rayman music website.

Moderators: Droolie, English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Re: RayTunes - The Definitive Rayman Music Archive

Post by PluMGMK »

I mean, it's not like the tunes they did pick were particularly fitting either. The last level before Mister Dark's Lair took place in Candy Château, but used this tune from Band Land:

And then Mister Dark's Lair itself used the menu music from the original game! :P
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Strange choices indeed, Rayman Junior was pretty cool overall but you can tell the goal there was to reuse as much content as possible from the original game without giving it too much thought. :lol:
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

PluMGMK wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:19 pm I mean, it's not like the tunes they did pick were particularly fitting either. The last level before Mister Dark's Lair took place in Candy Château, but used this tune from Band Land:

And then Mister Dark's Lair itself used the menu music from the original game! :P

I kinda get why they would have picked that first one because Band Land kinda has a bit of a festive theme, but that’s indeed a strange choice. :lol:
At least, it’s not as weird as using Mr Dark’s theme in Band Land like what Rayman Advance did. :hap:

The idea of using the main theme for the final level could have worked if it was more energetic like Redemption’s theme, but here it just sounds terribly unfitting… :facepalm:
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
Globox2K
Électoon
Tings: 15

Post by Globox2K »

Alright, well, it seems that my recordings from the Atari Jaguar version of Rayman 1 was never put into the Raytunes part of this site.
Is that bad? In my point of view, absolutely not. I am now recording more superior audio files off the same real Jaguar & authentic Rayman cart I got about a year ago.

When I made the first recordings and sent them online, they were created with a very redundant and unnecessary process.
The RCA cables were plugged into a system that produces analog artifacts. Then that was plugged into my sound card (Which I might upgrade soon)
The limits of the sound card caused occasional (and noticeable) clicking, and you can hear the analog hum when recorded from the 3.5mm-out it was converted to.

About three months after my first recordings of the game was made, I got a job that can get me nice things.
One of those would be a Zoom H2n microphone. I love this thing for when I make home videos with clean audio, but it can also be used as a 3.5mm AUX capture device.
So this time, the Jaguar still outputs the red and white RCA cables, but that is directly converted to 3.5mm and is plugged into the H2n, stored on a SD card.
Retrieving the WAV files (which is set to record at 24-bit 48KHz, by the way) onto my computer, I can add a little gain to the audio,
and it sounds great compared to my last recordings.

Just pointing this out now before anything happens regarding my old and fuzzy recordings compared to the ones I'm creating now.
If anyone still wants the ZIP I sent a while back for reference, the link below brings you to it, but it will be replaced by a more superior version the current or next week.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RxWH5D ... tqZjA/view

Edit: It's been weeks since I posted this and have yet to have finished the full soundtrack.
I have almost all tracks re-recorded, the only stuff that isn't re-recorded is the "Continue?" music, the boss themes of Pirate Mama, Mr. Skops, and Mr. Dark.
I do this stuff as a hobby and as a nice and generous guy, I provide the internet with something it didn't have until shortly after I got an Atari Jaguar.
I will finish this eventually, but as of now, you all can jam to my current recordings. Though I am making improved ones, the biggest difference would be
the reduced analog artifacts. Don't be surprised if I revise these again, because I have lately been thoroughly searching the net about HiFi audio equipment
and ways to get rid of artifacts that occur using inferior sound mediums/devices.

Thanks for the patience, everyone.
Last edited by Globox2K on Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Thanks Globox2K, it sounds really good.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

I’ve finally managed to play and record the secret level Ubi Cliff in Rayman GBC and I’ve found out thanks to that experience that the track of the same name isn’t actually used for it! It uses the "Bonus" music instead, while "Ubi Cliff" is actually only used in the Time Attack World Map.
So, if I could make a suggestion for the next RayTunes update, I think the "Ubi Cliff" track should be renamed to "Time Attack" or at least to something similar as the name we’ve always used was actually incorrect.

Could also be a great opportunity if possible to add the missing tracks from the same game (mainly from the cutscenes) and the variations of the tracks used in Rayman 1/Rayman 2 Forever!

Guess the two previously unknown Rayman Junior music from the OST Mix uploaded by Daniel Masson on YouTube could also make some fine addition in order to make it an even more substantial update.

RaymanM64
Gandalf
Tings: 4015

Re: Rayman (Game Boy Color)

Post by RaymanM64 »

I don't know if Droolie is now available to update the OST of Rayman 1 on GBC .

I don't dare to pester him in private message, you never know if he has no time :oops2:
JE SUIS DE RETOUR ! Ca va péter des bulles !
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Guess we could eventually add the music from the Sparks of Hope DLC if possible!

Still hope the GBC OST could get an update too later on! :mryellow:

The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I guess when he gets around to it, it'll be out. A lot of the music for the gameboy versions of R1 and R2 are based on Rayman 2 is that right? Kind of bizarre in R1 GBC's case though!
Rayman Saturn wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:15 pm I’ve finally managed to play and record the secret level Ubi Cliff in Rayman GBC and I’ve found out thanks to that experience that the track of the same name isn’t actually used for it! It uses the "Bonus" music instead, while "Ubi Cliff" is actually only used in the Time Attack World Map.
So, if I could make a suggestion for the next RayTunes update, I think the "Ubi Cliff" track should be renamed to "Time Attack" or at least to something similar as the name we’ve always used was actually incorrect.

Really well done with this! Reminds me of when I made a playthrough of R1 GBC (which I probably lost the videos but the playlist is somehow still on YT...)
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Not only did R1 GBC took Rayman 2's soundtrack, but also its tone and darker atmosphere! Even Rayman's design is the one from Rayman 2!
Since it came out in 2000, I suppose they wanted to bridge the two original games, which worked very well in my opinion... Well, at least for everything that's not the soundtrack depending on who you ask. :lol:

Thanks, I've also did the same thing with Tonic Trouble GBC's secret when someone asked me to look into it! :mryellow:
Speaking of which, I really need to play the rest of that Tonic Trouble port when I'll have the time!

TTK
Poilu
Tings: 2035

Post by TTK »

What if fan game music was added in its own section. That would be cool!
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8652

Post by deton24 »

We kinda hijacked a topic for that kind of stuff already
viewtopic.php?t=1806

Ideally we'd need to sort all the fan works by the track, and provide multiple versions for each one. Tidious.
It would be better to create a YT playlist, but it's still to someone's preferences what is the best remake, remix of specific track etc.
TTK
Poilu
Tings: 2035

Post by TTK »

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

That's neat! I don't think this demo is on the list of Rayman demos on the wiki, or is it?