Rayman Redemption

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Re: Rayman Redemption

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

That’s just crazy! :nostalgic:
I really thought I wouldn’t find it even with the clues I had and I thought that I would give up once and for all today and just wait for the community to find and to reveal it... But I tried tons of combinations in my final attempt after trying more things in the last level (like trying to get all the Tings in the final section, or trying to get swallowed by the darkness in the final jump), and I ended up finding the right one by some miracle! Funnily enough, it’s Beyond Good & Evil which gave me the idea... Perhaps it’s the sign that I should finally play it. :noel:

Well, that page is finally turning! Pretty much all secrets have been found in the game!
But who knows, there may be more cheats (though none of them should be tied to anything really interesting), and someone may figure out a way to open the test room some day! So the magic of mysteries is still in the game if anyone wants more of it! :mrgreen:
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

🤯

But what is it, then?
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

hoodlumsworld wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:50 am 🤯

But what is it, then?
What do you mean, exactly? Are you asking about the meaning of the secret, what I said about the test room and stuff or did you miss the post on the previous page? :?:

Ryemanni has also reacted and confirmed this was indeed the last secret he talked about! And of course, he’s letting the doubt hover around the fact if this indeed a sequel hook or not. :noel:
Whether he makes another fangame or not (which would be insane after all the years he has poured into Reign of Terror, Redemption and ReDesigner), I’m immensely satisfied and grateful for everything he did (well, except the "uneccessary change" we all know about :hap: )!
The games he made are by far the best Rayman fangames I’ve played, and Redemption immediately became my favourite Rayman game of all time. I’ll definitely follow with interest what he’ll do next! The Scoop Kick game looks pretty fun! :mrgreen:

I’m really curious to see what the community will be capable of in the future! :)

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

Well done Rayman Saturn! :bigup: If someone could find it, it was going going to be you.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Hunchman801 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:45 pm Well done Rayman Saturn! :bigup: If someone could find it, it was going going to be you.
I really appreciate, but I’m not the only one who could have achieved that someday, most cheat codes were already found before somehow and someone could have found these two codes in the same way eventually. Speaking of which, I wonder how they did... because I don’t think they spent hours testing every combination possible, and you can’t find them in the data.win file. :noel:
Sure, there was a Twitter thread made a few years ago where Ryemanni asked us to share our code ideas (many of them ended up being used) and they probably took some from there, but looking back at it, it doesn’t contain even half of the cheats currently implemented into the game.

But it’s a pleasure to have been the first (at least that we know of) to find the "ultimate" easter egg of my favourite Rayman game. :mrgreen:

Also, Ryemanni has said that Rayman 2 Redemption already exists... and it’s the PS1 version of Rayman 2. :hap:

hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:12 pm What do you mean, exactly? Are you asking about the meaning of the secret, what I said about the test room and stuff or did you miss the post on the previous page? :?:
My apologies, of course I missed the post on the previous page. 😬
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Don’t worry that’s alright, I’ve made so many posts in such a short time that it’s hard to keep up with everything. :oops2:

Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122685

Post by Elite Piranha »

So, those dialogs (that appear with the cheat code "TOBEYOND") are supposed to be from the Robo-Pirates? If that's the case why Razorbeard is called captain, instead of admiral?
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

That’s likely a mistake, Ryemanni probably didn’t think of it. That, or it’s meant to be a character we don’t know about.

Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122685

Post by Elite Piranha »

Now I'm thinking about Razorbeard's fleet fighting other alien pirate crews in space (that could be a good idea for a fan comic). In the storyline where the rabbids are an alien species, they probably fought some of the Robo-Pirates at some point. I would make sense that the Robo-Pirates had to defend against bounty hunters because of the rare species they collect from other planets (which can be sold to The Mysterious Guild).
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

I realise I forgot to show that... Here’s what the world map looked like in the Gameplay Demo (which was used but which you couldn’t see in its entirety):

Background - Demo World Map.png
Background - Demo World Map.png (148.04 KiB) Viewed 3115 times

Comparison with the final version:

Background - Redemption World Map.png
Background - Redemption World Map.png (119.31 KiB) Viewed 3115 times

Here’s a drawing from the demo’s textures which was originally used as Playtopia loading screen (most likely a placeholder):
(Unused) Background - Playtopia Original Loading Screen.png
(Unused) Background - Playtopia Original Loading Screen.png (2.06 KiB) Viewed 3115 times
It’s also interesting to notice that some features from Reign of Terror like the Coins could have been brought back, as there’s a sprite of them in the files.
Purple spiky obstacles very similar to the ones used in the final Dark Magician encounter from Reign of Terror are also the final game, which is another confirmation that the Dark Magician was intended to be brought back as a boss. However, this new version of the boss could have used big spiky balls as well unlike the original, which only had small ones. If you make any balls joke, I will look for you, I will find you and I will confiscate your fingernails. >:)
(Unused) Object - Coin.png
(Unused) Object - Coin.png (481 Bytes) Viewed 3115 times
(Unused) Object - Dark Prickly.png
(Unused) Object - Dark Prickly.png (824 Bytes) Viewed 3115 times

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:58 pm If you make any balls joke, I will look for you, I will find you and I will confiscate your fingernails. >:)
Now that's a ballsy claim. :hap:
hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:58 pm I realise I forgot to show that... Here’s what the world map looked like in the Gameplay Demo (which was used but which you couldn’t see in its entirety):
The final version is clearly better, I think it reuses parts of the Rayman Junior map.
Rayman Saturn wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:58 pm Purple spiky obstacles very similar to the ones used in the final Dark Magician encounter from Reign of Terror are also the final game, which is another confirmation that the Dark Magician was intended to be brought back as a boss. However, this new version of the boss could have used big spiky balls as well unlike the original, which only had small ones.
I've seen spiky balls of many colors, but those are new to me. They would fit right in in the Caves of Skops. ☺️
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Hunchman801 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:08 pm
Rayman Saturn wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:58 pm If you make any balls joke, I will look for you, I will find you and I will confiscate your fingernails. >:)
Now that's a ballsy claim. :hap:
Well, holy balls, someone is gonna lose their fingernails today... the Holy Plum’s way! :noel:

YOU TALKING MAD SHIT FOR SOMEONE IN CRUSADING DISTANCE.png
YOU TALKING MAD SHIT FOR SOMEONE IN CRUSADING DISTANCE.png (360.64 KiB) Viewed 3034 times
hoodlumsworld wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:20 pm
Rayman Saturn wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:58 pm I realise I forgot to show that... Here’s what the world map looked like in the Gameplay Demo (which was used but which you couldn’t see in its entirety):
The final version is clearly better, I think it reuses parts of the Rayman Junior map.
Indeed. I’ll say the main flaw of the original is that it made it look like Playtopia was a minuscule location which also looks a bit out of place on the map, while the final version makes it more ambiguous as you can imagine way more things inside and behind that toy "castle" as well as blending way more efficiently with the map’s visuals.

RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros
Tings: 2780

Post by RaymanRedemption »

Hi there!

Has someone already found this secret area in Rayman Redemption?
I found it while searching for a gift on my last stream.

It seems it allows you to skip the spider boss:

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Yeah, I've seen it used in speedruns here.
RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros
Tings: 2780

Post by RaymanRedemption »

Oh great, I'll take a look! :)
Terror Notes spread Chaos in Band Land!
:arrow: https://youtu.be/VLHLHlrNPpI

Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

Absolute triumph of a fangame. I love it so much. This is the full realization of everything Rayman 1 could have been, the fulfillment of its potential, and a damn fun game on its own merits. Thank you so much for making this.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Hi there! Remember the list of unlockables I’ve made in a previous post? Well, I decided to expand it into a complete list of absolutely all unlockables and secrets! So, this includes levels, achievements, upgrades, skins, cheat codes, and easter eggs!

Here’s the list!

I doubt I missed anything! Though, if I did and if there are any mistakes (especially since I’ve translated from my original French version of the guide), feel free to tell me so I can fix them! Speaking of which, here’s the French version.

nitwitsworld
Super Lums Jaune
Tings: 185

Post by nitwitsworld »

https://twitter.com/ShyGuyXXL/status/15 ... 8533342209

I commission this online because I always wanted to see him animated so Globox for the first time ever is animated now. Here is the link to said artist and the animator who made it happen. And it only cost 60 Euros. :wink:
Attachments
Globox walking was some of the best things to happen to me in forever
Globox walking was some of the best things to happen to me in forever
Globox-Walk-04.gif (245.06 KiB) Viewed 2393 times
Smol version of him
Smol version of him
Globox-Walk-04-Small.gif (42.48 KiB) Viewed 2393 times
And HOT DAMN! 32 frames of animation?!
And HOT DAMN! 32 frames of animation?!
GloboxSpriteSheet.png (49.6 KiB) Viewed 2393 times