The cancelled Rayman 2's art and cutscenes (Rayman's training)

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
arnoldfranklin
Carnivora
Tings: 12665

Re: "Rayman's Training" / Rayman 2 E3 trailer's prerendered scenes

Post by arnoldfranklin »

On twitter, there was this post. https://twitter.com/TapeCassetteGuy/sta ... 7362503684
They believe it could have been some of Rayman's Training. Do you think it is? Posted by Tape but they said they were shown it.
Also, I didn't originally discover that concept art from my last post. I found out that it was that it was already discovered earlier in the topic. Ooops :confus:
I guess I do remember reading at least some of the forum months ago but I guess I didn't realise it was already discovered when I posted it. Sorry for rambling.
"I am the greatest hero of all time. I get three Globox stamps." ~ Globox himself
poberteii
Lums Bleu
Tings: 100

Post by poberteii »

Whoooooooooa, now that's something I wasn't able to find. Nice!

Judging from the way Rayman moves and the logo just being "RAYMAN", I think this might be a part of Rayman's Training, since the original Rayman was a lot more elaborate than that. If that was found in some random French videogame reeltape, who knows what's hiding in other places?
roro
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by roro »

looking closer you can see the punching bag in the background... I would like to look for more content, I feel that Ubisoft should have more somewhere.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122960

Post by Elite Piranha »

I'm surprised that no one has made a punching bag with the form and colors of Rayman's torso.
arnoldfranklin
Carnivora
Tings: 12665

Post by arnoldfranklin »

I was on Twitter and Ryemanni's tweet was in my feed saying that Rayman's Training had been found. This was a success. :mryellow: Good job to whoever found it and thanks to everyone who also helped. Ya' did it.

Wait, weren't there some clips we thought were Rayman's Training but they are absent here. I wonder if there is more to the short still left to be found or if the clips weren't from here. Still, epic find. :o
I'm also curious how they got it.
"I am the greatest hero of all time. I get three Globox stamps." ~ Globox himself
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

arnoldfranklin wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:59 pm I'm also curious how they got it.
This was surprisingly found on a prototype version of Beyond Good & Evil that was dumped last year as part of Project Deluge.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 103395

Post by PluMGMK »

Ah. I was wondering why the BG&EMyth channel had posted it indeed!
Nve
Chasseur
Tings: 1954

Post by Nve »

That's interesting. Something similar to the case of Rayman 2 2D FMV on the Rayman 2 PS1 disc. It's great that it has been found, even if in this state.
arnoldfranklin wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:59 pm Wait, weren't there some clips we thought were Rayman's Training but they are absent here. I wonder if there is more to the short still left to be found or if the clips weren't from here.
I guess there are more shorts to be found.
ItzalDrake
Reflux
Tings: 8758

Post by ItzalDrake »

PluMGMK wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:49 pm Ah. I was wondering why the BG&EMyth channel had posted it indeed!
Guess what, this video was hiding in one of the BG&E prototypes archived by Project Deluge one year ago.
I have downloaded these prototypes as soon they were released, I can't believe that I had the video on my hard drive for so long time without knowing it :lol:
Hello! Image
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

That punching bag should be in smash :mrgreen:. Thanks for sharing this!
poberteii
Lums Bleu

Post by poberteii »

HOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCK

THIS IS A FUCKING MIRACLE, ITS FOUND
poberteii
Lums Bleu

Post by poberteii »

ItzalDrake wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:02 am
PluMGMK wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:49 pm Ah. I was wondering why the BG&EMyth channel had posted it indeed!
Guess what, this video was hiding in one of the BG&E prototypes archived by Project Deluge one year ago.
I have downloaded these prototypes as soon they were released, I can't believe that I had the video on my hard drive for so long time without knowing it :lol:
What file format was it in? I tried looking into the prototypes and couldn't discern what it was.
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15775

Post by hoodlumsworld »

This is incredible, I can't believe the video has finally been found!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610234

Post by Hunchman801 »

Cool stuff! So it looks like the Hunter does not appear in it, after all? I have updated the wiki to reflect this, but please have a look and make sure I haven't forgotten anything.
ChronicTraitor
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 10097

Post by ChronicTraitor »

I remember seeing pieces of this animation around in Rayman ads! I wish there was a Rayman game with combat like that, haha. I've always really liked the way this animation looked, it's just so pretty! Really cool to see it altogether in one place! :D
Nve wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:06 pm That's interesting. Something similar to the case of Rayman 2 2D FMV on the Rayman 2 PS1 disc. It's great that it has been found, even if in this state.
I have Rayman 2 on the PS1, I've never heard about this before! :o
How do you find it, do you put it in a computer or something?
poberteii
Lums Bleu

Post by poberteii »

ChronicTraitor wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:33 pm I have Rayman 2 on the PS1, I've never heard about this before! :o
How do you find it, do you put it in a computer or something?
On the PS1 disc, there's a folder named "VIDEO" and it contains a lone file named "15FPS.STR". This file, dated from 1996 is a leftover cutscene of as-of-yet unknown parts of the original Rayman 2.
ChronicTraitor
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 10097

Re: The cancelled Rayman 2's art and cutscenes (Rayman's training)

Post by ChronicTraitor »

poberteii wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:03 am On the PS1 disc, there's a folder named "VIDEO" and it contains a lone file named "15FPS.STR". This file, dated from 1996 is a leftover cutscene of as-of-yet unknown parts of the original Rayman 2.
Hmm, that's really mysterious!...I ought to take a look at it sometime soon!

EDIT: I looked up the file name after my computer refused to play the file, turns out I know what the video is after all. In fact I've even commented on it. I must've completely forgotten all about it! So mystery solved, I guess? :lol:
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

I'm glad this was finally covered by blameitonjorge (min. 02:10), since it was an important event for the Rayman Community:

However, I think he combined the plot descriptions of Rayman 2 and 4. As far as I know, Ly has never been explicitly described as Rayman's girlfriend.
DaveRattlehead
El Stomacho
Tings: 22981

Post by DaveRattlehead »

People are confused because there was a concept art which showed them together (and that lead to lots of fanarts), but as you said, Ly was never confirmed to be his girlfriend.

By the way, some of the original links from the original post don't exist anymore. Maybe we should try to recover them with the Wayback Machine, like this one? :)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610234

Post by Hunchman801 »

Yes, he probably confused Ly for Rayman's girlfriend or something. As for the original links, good call, I have replaced the missing ones with archived links.