Rayman 2: Revolution (PCSX2 Emulator) HD Texture Pack

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
ICUP321
Bébé Globox
Tings: 625

Rayman 2: Revolution (PCSX2 Emulator) HD Texture Pack

Post by ICUP321 »

This is an HD Texture Pack that uses PCSX2 Emulator's custom texture loading feature.
This Texture Pack up-scales nearly all of the default textures from Rayman 2: Revolution for the Sony PlayStation 2 with the official higher quality textures from the PC version, with transparency fixes ported over from the 3DS version.
The vast majority of these textures come from the PC version of Rayman 2, however some other Rayman games contain near-identical textures in higher quality which were also used for this texture pack.

Contents:
*Over 1000+ HD Textures that come from the PC version of Rayman 2.
*Full NTSC-U, NTSC-K, NTSC-J and PAL support.

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jq2k156m3i6t ... Eev8a?dl=0

Installation:
1. Extract the downloaded archive to the installed directory of PCSX2.
2. Then, on PCSX2 Emulator, click the "Settings" tab and select "Graphics Settings".
3. Once there, click the "Texture Replacement" tab.
4. Under the Options section, check-mark the "Load Textures" and "Precache Textures" boxes.
5. You may also want to check-mark "Async Texture Loading" in case you have an older GPU with low VRAM.
6. To enable widescreen and 60 FPS patches, make sure both "Enable Cheats" and "Enable Widescreen Patches" are enabled in Game Settings!
7. Now you are ready to play Rayman 2: Revolution with HD Textures!
Last edited by ICUP321 on Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Re: Rayman 2: Revolution (PCSX2 Emulator) HD Texture Pack

Post by Elite Piranha »

Thanks for the textures! I was able to finally get the image of a cage with the transparent background for the wiki, however it seems that the borders don't look as good as I expected, I wonder if it is better to use the edited versions that I made.
Attachments
r2-cage-eyes.png
r2-cage-eyes.png (17.28 KiB) Viewed 11465 times
ICUP321
Bébé Globox

Post by ICUP321 »

Elite Piranha wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:07 pm Thanks for the textures! I was able to finally get the image of a cage with the transparent background for the wiki, however it seems that the borders don't look as good as I expected, I wonder if it is better to use the edited versions that I made.
If you are able to create more edited/improved versions of textures I'd be happy to look over them and update this pack! I can send you all of the edited PC version's textures I made through PM in case you need them for reference.
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40813

Post by dr_st »

Oh, wow, that's awesome! I should totally give this one a try.
ICUP321
Bébé Globox

Post by ICUP321 »

I just updated the texture pack to fix a few issues I noticed, and I also upscaled a few more textures that were basically just recolors of existing textures from the original PC version.

I think this is good enough now for the USA version. I am going to start working on doing a playthrough of Rayman Revolution using my texture pack soon, after that, I will start working on adding support for the other regional versions. Working on the Japanese version's textures is gonna be fun though, I can't wait for that! :P
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610024

Post by Hunchman801 »

ICUP321 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:03 am I think this is good enough now for the USA version. I am going to start working on doing a playthrough of Rayman Revolution using my texture pack soon, after that, I will start working on adding support for the other regional versions. Working on the Japanese version's textures is gonna be fun though, I can't wait for that! :P
Sounds really cool, I look forward to watching the playthrough. :D
ICUP321
Bébé Globox

Post by ICUP321 »

Okay, I just finished uploading and editing my Revolution playthrough, not all of the videos have been published yet as I'm making them public one-by-one daily, the playlist can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... xOiPC6zMDg

Also, I've updated the HD texture pack once again. Here's the changelog:
*Added support for the NTSC-K version, which is identical to NTSC-U, just with a different game ID.
*Added a few more upscaled textures for certain icons, as well as more texture fixes that Ubisoft themselves didn't notice were actually broken.
*Added a few higher-resolution textures found in Rayman Arena, which have been color-matched to look almost identical to the equivalent R2 textures. Credit to granvillimus for pointing these textures out.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Btw, what is the difference between SLPM-67519 and SLUS-20138?
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78355

Post by Fifo »

Elite Piranha wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:02 am Btw, what is the difference between SLPM-67519 and SLUS-20138?
SLPM-67519 is the Korean release of the game while SLUS-20138 is USA/Canada
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Fifo wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:13 am
Elite Piranha wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:02 am Btw, what is the difference between SLPM-67519 and SLUS-20138?
SLPM-67519 is the Korean release of the game while SLUS-20138 is USA/Canada
I see, thanks!
ICUP321
Bébé Globox

Post by ICUP321 »

I finally got around to checking the PAL version of Rayman Revolution, and it looks like it uses the same texture hashes as the US and Korean versions too so I've added support for the PAL version now too. The Japanese version also largely uses the same texture hashes as the other versions, but there's a lot of edited textures in the JP version, so for now, I've added *partial* support for it. All I have to do now is complete upscaling the JP version's textures, which might take me a while because that means I have to play through the JP version entirely to make sure I dumped all of the exclusive textures.
ICUP321
Bébé Globox

Post by ICUP321 »

Alright, the time has finally come, all of the edited JP version's textures have been upscaled! I basically had to do a mash-up between the JP Dreamcast and PC versions in order to get most of the textures to look good. I was also going to include the DC JP version's higher-res Japanese font textures, but it looks like I stepped into a landmine and found out there's HUNDREDS of textures, and I later found out that not all of them match up because there's actually thousands of letters in the Japanese alphabet, which JP Revolution and DC only contain the letters they actually need... so yeah I kind of got hit by a culture shock... oops. :oops:

With this update, I now consider this texture pack to be fully complete! Any other updates will probably be just minor fixes if I come across any issues.
ICUP321
Bébé Globox

Post by ICUP321 »

I've updated the pack to do a little bit of a maintenance update. The main thing I did was add a few more transparency fixes that I ported over from a PC version texture mod.

I've also decided to remove the 60 FPS and widescreen patches because as of recently, they have both been bundled with PCSX2 emulator and can be enabled by simply going to the game settings.
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Thanks ICUP, it's great that you keep maintaining this! ☺️