Rayman ReDesigner

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
ChronicTraitor
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 10082

Re: Rayman ReDesigner

Post by ChronicTraitor »

Just fought my way through Rocky Peaks, it was a lot more difficult than I remember it being! It's one of my favorites because it's difficult, though. Some of the GBC worlds are way too easy. I play the GBC versions of the levels by default and look at the others out of curiosity.

The new skin looks great btw, and maybe I'm immune or deaf but the music doesn't bother me at all. I think it fits the perilous level design pretty well. The grayscale one has a very empty feeling about it though, it's really eerie! The pocket pc one is my favorite, it looks gorgeous! :coeur:

Looking forward to Ancient Forest's release in the summer! It's another favorite of mine...At this point I should just say that every gbc world's "my favorite" and leave it at that, eh? :winkgrin:
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

Guess I should give some news! Ancient Forest and everything else is cancelled :hap: ... is making very good progress and I don’t have that much work left to do! Funnily enough, it took me less time than Rainy Forest! Probably because I didn’t have to worry about making new graphics for it just so it could work! :confus:

Only the first level really gave me troubles because of the Flying Rings not behaving in the same way and since I had to find a proper replacement for the "Fuffies" (the weird creatures which blow air on you and which allows you to make great jumps). I replaced them with the Spring platforms from the R2 prototype, so it achieves the same main function (even though you don’t have to punch it to make it work and it cannot blow you to the sides as it originally did) while making the level far more dynamic. On the other hand, it takes away some of the challenge (as it forced you to time your jumps properly) and it makes the bonus levels into a total breeze, but I’ll say it’s only more fun this way.
As for the Rings, I had to replace a Red Ring with a Pink one moving downwards as it was the only way to give it the proper speed (otherwise you would get hit by the spikes no matter what)! A few tiles changes were also required, but everything is very accurate otherwise.

Capture d’écran (15171).png
Capture d’écran (15171).png (56.12 KiB) Viewed 3607 times
Capture d’écran (15172).png
Capture d’écran (15172).png (44.27 KiB) Viewed 3607 times
So far, I’ll say it’s the best GBC world in ReDesigner! Not only does it look good (and sounds good enough for once :noel: ), but it plays amazingly well! Sure, it’s a bit too simple like the Rainy Forest as it doesn’t have many enemies and obstacles, but the level design ideas and the overall pacing may be some of the best in the entire game! It really flows very well, especially with ReDesigner’s more dynamic gameplay!
I really don’t get why I found this world "boring" and "confusing" when I originally played it on Game Boy... probably because it’s the redundant forest theme again, and the narrower screen and weird mechanics with the Fuffies didn’t make it work that well on this system, I guess...
Although I’m still confused about some weird ideas like a health power-up in the first level which disappears if you "have the nerve" to activate the Gendoor which spawns the first Cage, or the second bonus level which is only accessible by bypassing the Exit Sign (which isn’t very easy to do considering how it’s placed) in the second section and then jumping in the chasm behind it... aBsOlUtE gEnIuS! :fou2:

Capture d’écran (15189).png
Capture d’écran (15189).png (45.96 KiB) Viewed 3607 times
Capture d’écran (15190).png
Capture d’écran (15190).png (50.5 KiB) Viewed 3607 times
But my biggest surprise is that besides the replacement of the Blowing Fuffy and the fact that Red Flying Rings immediately start falling rather than having a little second of "getting ready", everything in the level is the closest it’s ever been to the original game!
Playing both the 3DS port and the ReDesigned recreation after the other, I didn’t feel a difference besides the aforementioned changes and the fact you can go much faster! I really didn’t think the end result would feel this accurate!
Even most of the things I thought didn’t work properly (like the Ting nearly impossible to grab in the beginning’s vertical part with the "Red" Flying Ring or the "corner of doom" from Section 2 in which you can get stuck and die if you didn’t trigger a certain Gendoor) work just like they did in the original!

Capture d’écran (15193).png
Capture d’écran (15193).png (45.56 KiB) Viewed 3607 times

And yes, I still didn’t have the time to update or complete any other ReDesigner level... Guess I’ll finish them by late 2223 when I’m finally done with all the GBC remake projects! :hap:

ChronicTraitor wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:31 pm Just fought my way through Rocky Peaks, it was a lot more difficult than I remember it being! It's one of my favorites because it's difficult, though. Some of the GBC worlds are way too easy. I play the GBC versions of the levels by default and look at the others out of curiosity.

The new skin looks great btw, and maybe I'm immune or deaf but the music doesn't bother me at all. I think it fits the perilous level design pretty well. The grayscale one has a very empty feeling about it though, it's really eerie! The pocket pc one is my favorite, it looks gorgeous! :coeur:

Looking forward to Ancient Forest's release in the summer! It's another favorite of mine...At this point I should just say that every gbc world's "my favorite" and leave it at that, eh? :winkgrin:
Yeah, Rocky Peaks is definitely the first world to actually give some real challenge, especially since the previous ones in the original game only had some difficulty because of the old controls and some other limitations! ^^

QUICK! Extract some cells from this person! We must understand how these ears can withstand the immeasurable destructive power of such unfathomably powerful ultrasounds! :paranormal: :hap:
Just Kidding Rowling! I guess the music is just a "me thing" since I also complain about how dreadfully painful the soundtrack of Rayman Advance can be while I see other people who actually like it! I suppose it’s also the result of having to hear the themes with the higher volume for dozens of minutes while I was testing everything as I talked about... But yes, it’s indeed pretty fitting and it also sounded a bit better when playing with no headphones on the original hardware.

Every world is the best in its own way after all! Hope Ancient Forest will bring you even more good times! :)
Sorry for the late answer by the way, I should have replied to this way earlier! :oops2:

And speaking of Pocket PC beauty, the Ancient Forest version of it is quite a majestic one when it comes to the better details... but you’ll all have to wait for the world’s release to witness it! :noel:
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
ChronicTraitor
Dragon Médiéval

Post by ChronicTraitor »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:13 pm Sorry for the late answer by the way, I should have replied to this way earlier! :oops2:
Ah that's not a problem, sometimes I forget to check if my posts get replied to, so I'm just as sorry! :oops2:

Ancient Forest is lookin good, and I often wondered why it was there as a kid too. Nowadays I have a fondness for it though, since it's a lot more interesting than Rainy Forest at least! It's definitely got an interesting atmosphere going for it with all those huge statues and ruins. All the rings and spikes certainly make it quite the reflex test, too! If we're talking forests, I never knew what to really make out of Arcane Forest's graphics, it's kind of a mess from what I remember.
Rayman Saturn wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:13 pm QUICK! Extract some cells from this person! We must understand how these ears can withstand the immeasurable destructive power of such unfathomably powerful ultrasounds! :paranormal: :hap:
:lol: I like to imagine I gained some sort of immunity to the high notes since it was all I had, so I'd best get used to it and enjoy it! :winkgrin:

I eventually got Rayman 2 (PS1) and RRR1 (PS2/Steam), so it's no longer the only Rayman game I have. I remember playing all the GBA games too, but Rayman Advance was too much for my ears to handle. :boon:

I've never seen the Pocket PC Ancient Forest (nor the rest of the game in that format) so I'm definitely looking forward to that!
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

And here it is! The Ancient Forest just has been made young again! :mrgreen:

Download: https://raydistributor.com/content/RAY-D5F7-YX

A small but fun world made of three levels and two bonuses! As we already discussed, it’s not very challenging especially with some changes I had to make, but this is one of the most well-paced GBC worlds!
It also has a lot of focus on big jumps, Flying Rings and on thorns (which look very similar to the ones made for Dark Legacy in Rayman Redemption and ReDesigner), so be careful not to fall into those spikes or into some chasms!

It doesn’t have much special stuff (aside from a few things like the first Red Rings or the Tall Livingstone finally brought to ReDesigned instead of the small ones so the Plums can affect them), but it’s a nice classic experience!
Once again, the assigned number of the bonus levels is swapped (as it is revealed on Ray1Map), but it doesn’t change anything in gameplay.
By the way, don’t be surprised by the Magician hat in the second level which is placed on a Fairy. The original Sign to this bonus level floats a bit in the air and so that was the only way to replicate it properly. It’s also more convenient as it dramatically reduces the chances of you accidentally opening the bonus level again, especially since the spawn point had to be placed very close to the Magician in order to trigger the Gendoor required to go back to the Exit Sign of this level.

Regarding version differences, I haven’t noticed anything different between them aside maybe from a slightly differently placed platform near the end of the second level of the Palm OS Color version. It’s really the most consistent it’s been until now! Even the Greyscale port wasn’t screwed up, somehow. :hap:
So, most of the changes come from this recreation as I had to modify a few tiles in the first level so it could work better. The unchanged tiles were brought back in the two Palm OS variations, however.
Visually, it’s also more consistent as even the Greyscale port managed not to be a complete disaster! It’s still harder to play it because of the lack of colours and it looks the worst as usual, but I’m impressed by how much they managed to retain the details of the totems and pillars in that one! But of course, Pocket PC and Palm OS Color are still the best by far!
The music is also great in every version (after all, they’re masterworks all you can’t go wrong with the theme of the Woods of Light)! I’ll say the GBC music sounds better, but the PPC one is more fitting as the calmer and "duller" tone fits more the ancient aspect of the forest.

As for the skins, it’s the same thing as before except that Dark Rayman has been renamed to "Bad Rayman" (which is the actual name of this specific doppelganger) and updated to look much closer to the original GBC Bad Rayman (it’s still a work in progress, though). I’ve also just added some extra "rejected" skins which were intended to play the same role as the "world-themed" skins from Redemption/ReDesigner, but they turned out too ugly and weird and so they won’t be kept (but they’ll be remade in the future into something much better).
GBC ReDesigned Skins + Extras.zip
(226.44 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
The skin made by ShinyRaichu94 is still recommended if you prefer something more accurate to the original!

Here are the absolutely useless lite versions as usual! :noel:
Heh… I actually made a special change for them: not only I’ve inverted what I did with the tile changes between the versions, but I’ve also brought back the Red Ring I talked about in a previous post! So you’ll have to time your jumps properly while using it to actually survive the descent!
No custom graphics are missing this time around in these folders, but you’ll still have to edit them yourself so they can fit the game!
GBC - Ancient Forest.zip
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
PPC - Ancient Forest.zip
(2.8 MiB) Downloaded 70 times
PalmOS Color - Ancient Forest.zip
(2.11 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
PalmOS Greyscale - Ancient Forest.zip
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 68 times

Hope I haven’t forgotten anything in all of this as the current extreme temperature absolutely broke my body and my brain… :sad:

ChronicTraitor wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:32 pm Ah that's not a problem, sometimes I forget to check if my posts get replied to, so I'm just as sorry! :oops2:

If we're talking forests, I never knew what to really make out of Arcane Forest's graphics, it's kind of a mess from what I remember.

:lol: I like to imagine I gained some sort of immunity to the high notes since it was all I had, so I'd best get used to it and enjoy it! :winkgrin:

I eventually got Rayman 2 (PS1) and RRR1 (PS2/Steam), so it's no longer the only Rayman game I have. I remember playing all the GBA games too, but Rayman Advance was too much for my ears to handle. :boon:
That’s alright! :mryellow:

Some parts of Arcane Forest do look pretty weird and unpolished (especially the ice platforms which look like some strange "blocky bushes", although it could just be some wet moss/grass I guess...), but it’s always been the GBC world which inspired me the most! I just love the whole oppressive and dark magical atmosphere in there and it’s also a way more fitting final part for the game even if it’s not as creative as Candy Château, and so I can’t wait to actually recreate it!
But it’s clear that the visuals weren’t finished as properly as the rest of the game as the tiles are far less detailed (even it’s very colourful, ironically enough) and way more all over the place, especially when it comes to the "dirt" walls and the background purple "rocky" parts. :?

That could explain it! As someone whose first video game ever was the Saturn version of Rayman 1, you can only imagine how I first felt from going from that sweet melodic soundtrack to the lovely extra loud bips and boops of the GBC game. :noelnoir:
But yeah, you do get used to it and it sounds better when you’re focused on the gameplay rather than listening to the music in another context.

Quite ironic you can’t bear Rayman Advance then! But that one does actually give me a headache even when I’m just playing (and even if "it has some charm"... I guess...). It felt like a torture the last time I’ve played it on Wii U (and so I could try it on a TV for the first time)... :beurk:
The fact the GBA soundtrack is all over the place doesn’t help its case either... Gotta love hearing the theme of the final boss when you’re just taking a nice sunny stroll in the peppy hills of Band Land. :hap:

Anyway, HAVE FUN! :)

Fiery Depths, the ancestor of Molten Depths which also possibly inspired the cancelled Bat enemy from Redemption, will be truly completed once my body and my computer both finish to melt under the amazing temperature of the current heat wave in France so they can become Fiery Depths themselves! :hap:
SUMMER IS THE WORST SEASON EVER, and anyone saying otherwise is a liar!

hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Ancient Forest ReDesigned looks awesome! ❤️ But what are those "Fuffies" you mentioned a couple times? 😬
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

hoodlumsworld wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:25 am Ancient Forest ReDesigned looks awesome! ❤️ But what are those "Fuffies" you mentioned a couple times? 😬
It’s those creatures which blew you into the air or to their sides. They are two types: a sleepy one which only blows air when you punch it, or the active one which keeps blowing air on their own nearly every second. Sadly, there’s nothing in ReDesigner to replicate both types, so bouncy objects such as springs are the only way to keep their main function.
Capture d’écran (15605).png
Capture d’écran (15605).png (6.56 KiB) Viewed 3449 times
I only found out about their name on Ray1Map and when finding the archive of the official website about the Palm OS and Pocket PC versions which mentionned them as "belonging to Rayman's friends". Speaking of which, that's a very cool treasure from the past and so here's a link to that website!: https://web.archive.org/web/20010907194 ... ocket.com/
Don't know what their name even means and I've accidentally guessed the plural form of it... Just hope this doesn’t turn out to be an extremely offensive slur that I’ve accidentally kept repeating until now. :hap:

Capture d’écran (15606).png
Capture d’écran (15606).png (96.84 KiB) Viewed 3449 times
Anyway, glad that more people can experience more of this game on PC now! Rayman GBC and its variations deserve more attention and so I’m really going to take that project as far as I can!
Last edited by Mortamon Saturn on Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

That's interesting, I didn't know about this either. "Blowing Fuffy" appears to be the official name; I guess this would be a good occasion to create of RayWiki article for those, as well as the other creatures from the GBC version of Rayman 1 that we might have forgotten!
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

That would indeed be a good idea as the RayWiki really had no info about a lot of GBC stuff (the Blowing Fuffies were even barely mentioned in the Ancient Forest article, probably because nobody knew how to describe them at all). I’m feeling tempted to go do it but I’m not sure how to really do it and if I could do it right it as I’ve never made a wiki article before... But if I do try, I’m thinking about making both an article for the Blowing Fuffy and another for the hearts power-ups which never had an article before...
Wish there was an easy way to find and play the other versions of the game on modern systems so we could add even more info on them as well.

"Blowing Fuffy"... This name still sounds so funny to me...
Sounds like an insult Caddicarus would say in one of his videos!... You... bunch of BLOWING FUFFIES! :fou:

Also, the website actually refers to Bad Rayman as "Dark Rayman", so I may have renamed his skin for nothing and now we can all cry some more about how much of an absurd mess all the doppelgangers in this series are! :hap:
Rayman Pocket PC - Dark Rayman.png
Rayman Pocket PC - Dark Rayman.png (59.39 KiB) Viewed 3400 times
Although, I’m not so sure if we can actually take this website so seriously considering the fact it refers to Antitoons as "Black Toons"... and so now I can’t wait to see Black Rayman being added as the next evil doppelganger in Rayman Mini’s sequel exclusive to Facebook Gaming featuring the Incrediballs’ balls. :noelnoir:
Rayman Pocket PC - BLACK TOONS.png
Rayman Pocket PC - BLACK TOONS.png (223.77 KiB) Viewed 3400 times
Also, the fist is referred to as "magic" Punch (YEAH! EVEN MORE CONFUSION! :fou2:) and let’s not forget our favourite enemies: the StoneS MAn! Whoever wrote this page must have been stoned, indeed! :noel:
I’m not sorry for that terrible pun! :3

While I’m at it, first picture of Fiery Depths ReDesigned! :mryellow:
Capture d’écran (15749).png
Capture d’écran (15749).png (39.44 KiB) Viewed 3400 times
Last edited by Mortamon Saturn on Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

The antitoons were originally referred to as blacktoons by the devs. The word is still mentioned in some of the EVE.MLT comments in Designer, and the sprites and animations are in BLK.ETA and BLK.DES. I'm guessing they changed it to allude to antimatter with the whole electron/proton thing. That and I guess the old name sounds kinda racist :oops2: But whoever wrote that paragraph didn't get the memo I guess :hap:
ChronicTraitor
Dragon Médiéval

Post by ChronicTraitor »

Wow, can't believe I missed Ancient Forest's release! :oops2: I'd forgotten how short that world is, only having 3 levels and all, but man did they cram it full of spikes and drops to make up for it! The Pocket PC version is quite nice, it really brings out a lot of little details in the background objects.

I always liked Arcane Forest quite a lot as a kid even though it didn't make much sense visually. I'd always thought the brown walls were carved wood or something, and the purple might be an attempt at a spooky glow. The black shapes (that kinda look like iron gates?) in the background gives me the impression of a dark scary forest in a graveyard, similar to some battle arenas in Rayman Arena.
Makes sense as they have a Spellbound Forest in there too, hmm... :mefiant:

Rayman Advance's "music" was just awful really, since my sis was always playing the PS1 version. So to pick up Advance on our GBA and hear that was painful, to say nothing of the misplaced tracks. I couldn't imagine playing it on a tv, GBA games' small screen size and too dark/bright colors don't translate to big screens very well!

I thought some of the extra skins looked kinda nice, especially the Airy and Rocky ones. The Rocky skin looks very much like Dark Rayman, was that intentional?
The new Bad Rayman skin looks much better compared to the old one, though.

Not sure if I'm looking forward to Fiery Depths or not, I always struggled there as a kid. Must've been all the fire shooters and lava. But on the other hand the colors are really nice...I guess I'll see how it goes when it gets here! I'm really looking forward to Dark Legacy later on, since it's my most favorite world of all. I was pretty disappointed with Redemption's rendition of it, expecting a 1:1 recreation of it.
At least I'll be able to see what that'll be like in the future thanks to you! :winkgrin:
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:26 pm While I’m at it, first picture of Fiery Depths ReDesigned! :mryellow:
I'm excited already! ☺️
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:26 pm That would indeed be a good idea as the RayWiki really had no info about a lot of GBC stuff (the Blowing Fuffies were even barely mentioned in the Ancient Forest article, probably because nobody knew how to describe them at all). I’m feeling tempted to go do it but I’m not sure how to really do it and if I could do it right it as I’ve never made a wiki article before... But if I do try, I’m thinking about making both an article for the Blowing Fuffy and another for the hearts power-ups which never had an article before...
I went ahead and created the Blowing Fuffy article, feel free to correct and add whatever you see fit. I'll update the level articles to link to it later, but the heart power-up is still yours if you want. :P

Also, any idea what name to give those platforms?

They are currently amalgamated on RayWiki with the scared platforms from the cancelled 2D Rayman 2, but as I explained in 2019, they have nothing in common besides the shaggy blond hair, and the article split is long due. Maybe RayMap can be of some help here?
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Oof, I should have replied earlier, this post is going to be long! :oops2:
I’ll keep some announcements for the next reply then! ^^’
PluMGMK wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:40 pm The antitoons were originally referred to as blacktoons by the devs. The word is still mentioned in some of the EVE.MLT comments in Designer, and the sprites and animations are in BLK.ETA and BLK.DES. I'm guessing they changed it to allude to antimatter with the whole electron/proton thing. That and I guess the old name sounds kinda racist :oops2: But whoever wrote that paragraph didn't get the memo I guess :hap:
That’s probably why I remember seeing that name being already used somewhere else! Funny how many dark entities/elements in media have "black" in their name when they’re not even black, but of a dark cold colour (like how dark eco from Jak & Daxter games was translated to "eco noire" ["black eco"] in the French versions, despite being dark purple matter)! Even weirder here considering the GBC Antitoons are almost light-blue!
I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t even get any memo at all considering these PPC/PalmOS versions and their website were made by Ludigames! ^^
ChronicTraitor wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:40 pm I always liked Arcane Forest quite a lot as a kid even though it didn't make much sense visually. I'd always thought the brown walls were carved wood or something, and the purple might be an attempt at a spooky glow. The black shapes (that kinda look like iron gates?) in the background gives me the impression of a dark scary forest in a graveyard, similar to some battle arenas in Rayman Arena.
Makes sense as they have a Spellbound Forest in there too, hmm... :mefiant:

Rayman Advance's "music" was just awful really, since my sis was always playing the PS1 version. So to pick up Advance on our GBA and hear that was painful, to say nothing of the misplaced tracks. I couldn't imagine playing it on a tv, GBA games' small screen size and too dark/bright colors don't translate to big screens very well!

I thought some of the extra skins looked kinda nice, especially the Airy and Rocky ones. The Rocky skin looks very much like Dark Rayman, was that intentional?

Not sure if I'm looking forward to Fiery Depths or not, I always struggled there as a kid. Must've been all the fire shooters and lava. But on the other hand the colors are really nice...I guess I'll see how it goes when it gets here! I'm really looking forward to Dark Legacy later on, since it's my most favorite world of all. I was pretty disappointed with Redemption's rendition of it, expecting a 1:1 recreation of it.
At least I'll be able to see what that'll be like in the future thanks to you! :winkgrin:
The carved wood is a likely possibility! And it does have similar ideas and visuals to what appears in Arena/M.
It’s also similar to Dark Legacy, which itself looks like something straight out from Rayman 2 for some parts of it. It’s clear that both of those worlds were more inspired by Rayman 2 than 1.

Indeed! I can imagine how it felt!
And even on the Wii U’s Gamepad it’s not that good! It was clearly made for GBA screens, so anything even a bit bigger doesn’t feel right. It’s pretty nice on DS at least... but might as well play the DSi version instead, then. :winkgrin:

Glad you liked some of them, at least! They’ll definitely be resurrected in some way, later on!
Though, the Dark Rayman resemblance wasn’t intentional at all as these skins were designed with no idea in mind besides picking colors directly from levels and applying them together (which is why it’s a pretty mediocre mismatch overall). I didn’t even notice it until you brought it up!

And yeah, replaying Fiery Depths, it’s really not the most fun GBC world... The fact the screen is so narrow and the camera barely keeps up with so many things happening like the ring Bats suddenly attacking you from above make it an absolute pain at times. The level design almost feels like a maze at times... On the other hand, it does look nice with its colors, its decorative gems and stalactites (which sadly can’t be in the foreground in ReDesigner) and the cool 3D look on some of the platforms! Some details may look cheap, but it may be one of the prettiest worlds in the game and it’s an amazing expansion on the lava battle with Skops!
I’m still not sure how it’s going to turn out in ReDesigner because there are so many things with no proper equivalents (the two Bat types, the GBC Lava Balls which acted more like boulders, the orange Pricklies that move in specific patterns, and most importantly the many flame obstacles)... So don’t put many high expectations on that one. I’m thinking about replacing the Bats by Flying Magic Minions, the ring Bats by Pink Rings going upwards, and the flames by Flame Boys trapped inside reactionary tiles, but I’m not even sure all of this is even going to work...
I also find it stupid how this world totally missed the opportunity to use the flame enemies introduced in Rocky Peaks’ first level (which are apparently Fire Antitoons according to the wiki? Don’t know if there’s any source for that, but anyway, that makes me wish Antitoons had plenty of elemental variations!). Like, you’ve got flame creatures... where do you put them? Well, not the volcanic caves, duh! In only one level of the mountain featuring ice platforms, of course! :fou:

As for Dark Legacy, I can’t promise I’ll be able to make it work 100% accurately (especially because of the spiky balls’ movements which are way more limited in ReDesigner), but you can at least expect something far closer than Redemption indeed! I personally didn’t expect a faithful remake in Redemption as then it would have been better to just remake all of Rayman GBC instead, but I understand how you felt!
Anyway, I’m happy to be of service! :mrgreen:

By the way, speaking of Dark Rayman, I’ve found out thanks to the sprites ripped by Rayman M64 that he had a beta sprite! And an interesting thing I’ve just noticed is that some of its colors are a bit similar to Raymesis, strangely enough! Although it may have been an attempt at making him closer to the original Bad Rayman than what we ended up with in the GBC game, but it’s interesting that it has colder colours and more purple hair and skin like the UbiArt equivalent!
Of course, it will be turned into a ReDesigned skin! :hehe:

Beta Bad Rayman ReDesigned.png
Beta Bad Rayman ReDesigned.png (18.37 KiB) Viewed 3194 times
Yes, seems like my "Black Rayman" stupid joke became a reality far sooner than what I expected! :hap:
So, what are the evil goals of this new dark copy of Rayman, you may ask? Steal Rayman’s body, team up with his future self from another timeline after making him(self) immortal, and most importantly: exterminate all the mortals Ningen in the Glade of Dreams! :noel:

Rayman Black.png
Rayman Black.png (177.45 KiB) Viewed 3194 times
Heh, an even dumber DBS rip-off isn’t too far-fetched considering how lazy and uncreative Ubisoft are nowadays! Guess I should repaint him green and give him white hair, then. :hap:

Oh... and... speaking of skins... I plan to bring back a certain "someone" in the GBC style eventually... :hinhinhin:
GBC Noseless Rayman.png
GBC Noseless Rayman.png (303 Bytes) Viewed 3194 times
Hunchman801 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:43 am I went ahead and created the Blowing Fuffy article, feel free to correct and add whatever you see fit. I'll update the level articles to link to it later, but the heart power-up is still yours if you want. :P

Also, any idea what name to give those platforms?

They are currently amalgamated on RayWiki with the scared platforms from the cancelled 2D Rayman 2, but as I explained in 2019, they have nothing in common besides the shaggy blond hair, and the article split is long due. Maybe RayMap can be of some help here?
Thanks, the article was a solid foundation to start with! I added a few details to the article so it can have more "meat", though not much more was required.
I’ve most notably added the ability to stand on Blowing Fuffies, where each type can usually be found, as well as the thing about them "belonging to friends of Rayman" and extra tiny details about their behavior.
Glad that my first ever contribution to a wiki was for a page about a weird thing called "Blowing Fuffy"! :hap:
Tell me if I did anything wrong so I can learn! :mryellow:

And about the Heart article, now I realise... wouldn’t it be better to add the info for the GBC Hearts to that page of the Heart power-up from the Rayman UbiArt games? After all, they’re pretty much the same item but with a slightly different effect! They don’t even have an official name like some other objects from handheld/mobile games, so that would probably be better to have them merged than separate... but I’d like some other opinions before I get to work!

And about the scared platforms... Heh, I’ll say it’s perfect as it is. Ray1Map refers to them as "Falling_3", so it won’t help us here especially as all platforms share a generic name over there.
While they have the behavior of classic falling platforms, they look too similar to Scared Platforms for it to be really a coincidence. Scared eyes, yellowish almost straw-like top, "weak" behavior... Even the other platforms in GBC look like a variation of these (especially the standard ones which have almost exactly the same top as the scared platforms). Even as a child when I didn’t even know what the Internet was, I immediately assumed they were the same entity as the platforms I had seen in the bonus playable prototype from Rayman 2’s PS1 version!
But heh, that’s just my point of view after all. It’s also pretty complicated when nearly all GBC platforms appear as a variation of the scared platform (like the Fiery Depths weird mushroom-shaped one which looked very close to bringing back their "hook/tentacle" with their tiny "stalactite"... or the Arcane Forest normal platforms which look like a flat equivalent with evil eyes, and their falling equivalents which look like what would happen if the messy parts of the scared platforms’ "hair" turned into an eldritch squid :noel: ).

Next time, I’ll share a little something with a "2" in it! :bad:

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:21 am I also find it stupid how this world totally missed the opportunity to use the flame enemies introduced in Rocky Peaks’ first level (which are apparently Fire Antitoons according to the wiki? Don’t know if there’s any source for that, but anyway, that makes me wish Antitoons had plenty of elemental variations!). Like, you’ve got flame creatures... where do you put them? Well, not the volcanic caves, duh! In only one level of the mountain featuring ice platforms, of course! :fou:
The Rocky Peaks article doesn't give those enemies a name, but indeed, they are referred to as fire antitoons in the Antitoon article. Master appears to have made the change in 2014, so I'll reach out just in case, but what are they called in Ray1Map?
Rayman Saturn wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:21 am Thanks, the article was a solid foundation to start with! I added a few details to the article so it can have more "meat", though not much more was required.
I’ve most notably added the ability to stand on Blowing Fuffies, where each type can usually be found, as well as the thing about them "belonging to friends of Rayman" and extra tiny details about their behavior.
Glad that my first ever contribution to a wiki was for a page about a weird thing called "Blowing Fuffy"! :hap:
Tell me if I did anything wrong so I can learn! :mryellow:
It's perfect, best first contribution ever. Sorry it had to be for "Blowing Fuffy". :lol:
Rayman Saturn wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:21 am And about the Heart article, now I realise... wouldn’t it be better to add the info for the GBC Hearts to that page of the Heart power-up from the Rayman UbiArt games? After all, they’re pretty much the same item but with a slightly different effect! They don’t even have an official name like some other objects from handheld/mobile games, so that would probably be better to have them merged than separate... but I’d like some other opinions before I get to work!
I agree, adding a section to that other article is the best course of action.
Rayman Saturn wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:21 am And about the scared platforms... Heh, I’ll say it’s perfect as it is. Ray1Map refers to them as "Falling_3", so it won’t help us here especially as all platforms share a generic name over there.
While they have the behavior of classic falling platforms, they look too similar to Scared Platforms for it to be really a coincidence. Scared eyes, yellowish almost straw-like top, "weak" behavior... Even the other platforms in GBC look like a variation of these (especially the standard ones which have almost exactly the same top as the scared platforms). Even as a child when I didn’t even know what the Internet was, I immediately assumed they were the same entity as the platforms I had seen in the bonus playable prototype from Rayman 2’s PS1 version!
But heh, that’s just my point of view after all. It’s also pretty complicated when nearly all GBC platforms appear as a variation of the scared platform (like the Fiery Depths weird mushroom-shaped one which looked very close to bringing back their "hook/tentacle" with their tiny "stalactite"... or the Arcane Forest normal platforms which look like a flat equivalent with evil eyes, and their falling equivalents which look like what would happen if the messy parts of the scared platforms’ "hair" turned into an eldritch squid :noel: ).
Well, to me the GBC platforms resemble a human-shaped head vaguely inspired by "ethnic" masks, while the actual scared platforms are distinct worm-like or root-like creatures that also happen to have similar hair. They also have a very specific behavior (hence their name), while the GBC platforms just fall when Rayman stands on them, right? That's a very common pattern across Rayman games.

I'm curious, however, about those other GBC platforms you're mentioning. Do you have screenshots of them handy? Maybe that will help us get a clearer picture of all this mess. :mrgreen:
ChronicTraitor
Dragon Médiéval

Post by ChronicTraitor »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:21 am Like, you’ve got flame creatures... where do you put them? Well, not the volcanic caves, duh! In only one level of the mountain featuring ice platforms, of course! :fou:
Maybe they were going for more of a will o' wisp angle? I could imagine fireball lights drifting around icy mountain peaks. Though it is a missed opportunity for sure, regardless!

I don't think I liked Fiery Depths as much as the other worlds, honestly. I can imagine how hard it'd be to recreate mechanically though, if there's no real equivalents to be used in place of stuff.

I feel like I'd seen that beta Dark Rayman sprite before, I can't remember when or where though! I'm very interested in unused stuff so I might've found it when researching games I have. It's neat that you'll make a skin for it! I always liked the unique purple/gold colored Dark Rayman we got in the final though. :mryellow:
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Alright everyone, I have some great (and very unexpected) news! Through the powers of emulation, I’ve *finally* managed to play and record Ubi Cliff in the original GBC game! :mrgreen:
Thanks to this, I’ve made the following discoveries which will allow me to update the Spellbound Forest ReDesigned level (and the RayWiki) accordingly! :)
EDIT: Levels updated! Changelog in next reply!

-The game’s Ubi Key isn’t required to enter Ubi Cliff! It only allows you to unlock bonus content in *other* games (or the same game if you have a second copy) by sending the Ubi Key to them!
That still means another game needs to send *their* Ubi Key to Rayman GBC in order to enter Ubi Cliff (and so you must open the game’s menu with the appropriate button and select "receive")! You’ll need to play another game (or another copy of Rayman GBC) and to find their Ubi Key then send it to Rayman GBC through the infrared connectivity!
The moment your Game Boy Color (or your virtual """Game Boy Color""" :P) receives the key to its door (lol), you’ll be sent instantly to Ubi Cliff (actually, to the bonus levels’ introduction screen to be more precise)!

-Due to how the game’s menu functions, you can access Ubi Cliff from any level! Even from the World Maps! This means you can easily play the level with or without the unlockable powers!
However, the Ubi Key still has to be picked up and sent from another game to access the level, even if you’re already played it before.

-Ubi Cliff really is a bonus level and it functions exactly like them! It gives you 55 seconds to collect all of its 20 Tings. You can also beat your own record like in other bonus stages, thus giving you a stricter timer every time you retry!

-The original version was quite hard (especially if you don’t have the Helicopter), as Rayman falls through most platforms if you don’t hang to their edges and the swinging Plums are pretty hard to push without wasting time.

-If you win or if the timer runs out, you’ll be brought back to the beginning of the level from which you’ve entered Ubi Cliff after seeing the appropriate bonus screen.
Checkpoints are not taken into account, so don’t play this bonus if you were about to beat a long level. :hap:

-And most importantly... the "Ubi Cliff" music as we knew it was never Ubi Cliff’s theme to begin with!
Ubi Cliff uses the regular bonus music, thus meaning that the track’s name is actually fully intended for the Time Attack World Map (which shares its visual style with Ubi Cliff) and the file needs to be renamed appropriately on RayTunes! ^^

Raymen and Rayladies, here’s what might be the very first online video footage of the original Ubi Cliff! :proud:

I’ve detailed the whole process in the description as it’s quite complicated! Essentially, you need to find an emulator which can emulate the infrared connection feature and set correctly two running instances of it using a ROM of Rayman GBC with another game with the Ubi Key... or the same ROM twice!

However, that means we still don’t know how it works in the Pocket PC and Palm OS versions... but considering the fact they still feature the key, it’s possible that only the key may be necessary to get to Ubi Cliff or that they had a similar connectivity system! That, or it was one of the "On-line challenges" in these versions...

By the way, this topic is really transforming into a Rayman GBC and Rayman GBC ReDesigned thread, so I hope that more creators will come soon to share their creations in Rayman ReDesigner! :oops2:
Heh, to compensate a bit for the lack of new things, I have a little gift for you as well as some other good news! :hehe:
First of all... Rayman 2 Forever WILL be remade in Rayman ReDesigner! It shouldn’t take Forever too long anyway as this game is shorter and has minuscule bonus (and boss) levels! Just don’t expect it to work as well as Rayman GBC ReDesigned as many things have no perfect equivalent!
Secondly, the first level is already available for you to play and is considered complete! Take it as a little demo until I’m done with the original game! :mrgreen:

Since they can be grabbed only once and there’s no real equivalent in ReDesigner (except the Tokens, but they’re too big and different), you may wonder how I handled the Yellow Lums in this game... I replaced them with Yellow Tings! And I’ve bundled many Yellow Tings together to imitate the Super Yellow Lums! The inconvenient thing is that they’ll return if you use the World Map to backtrack... but hey, we can’t have everything in this game with tasty "spaghetti code" after all! :noel:
And no, I haven’t made the mistake of making them mandatory to beat the level by making them spawn the exit or anything else required to progress! Instead, to somewhat simulate the Lum count from the original game and to still give you a reward and a good checkmark for completing any level, you’ll get a Magician Token which will spawn on the Exit Sign! The Token’s hitbox is big enough to be grabbed from any side of the sign... but if you REALLY don’t want to take it, you can just crawl to the exit and Rayman will leave without it! But you’re not that weird, right? :paranormal: :hap:
This also has the benefit of making the sign visually more similar to the original portals from Rayman 2 Forever! I could have used the ReDesigner portal, but they look too different (despite having the portal sound effect from Rayman 2) and they don’t play the victory animation (they also cannot be used to finish the entire level)!
As for the Baby Globoxes in bonus levels, I think I’ll replace with the Blue Bolls (BOLLS, not balls! :fou:)!

But hey, your feedback is always welcome, so use this "demo" as an opportunity to tell me if anything is wrong or if some ideas could be improved!

Also... I’ve been secretly working on something else... Something that took a certain Rayman meme way too far. :hap:
Capture d’écran (19778).png
Capture d’écran (19778).png (178.21 KiB) Viewed 2975 times
ChronicTraitor wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:36 am Maybe they were going for more of a will o' wisp angle? I could imagine fireball lights drifting around icy mountain peaks. Though it is a missed opportunity for sure, regardless!

I don't think I liked Fiery Depths as much as the other worlds, honestly. I can imagine how hard it'd be to recreate mechanically though, if there's no real equivalents to be used in place of stuff.

I feel like I'd seen that beta Dark Rayman sprite before, I can't remember when or where though! I'm very interested in unused stuff so I might've found it when researching games I have. It's neat that you'll make a skin for it! I always liked the unique purple/gold colored Dark Rayman we got in the final though. :mryellow:
That’s a possibility, but still a bit strange. Also, wisps are depicted more often as blue, especially in icy mountain settings. But yeah, that’s probably the only way to make sense of it unless it implies in some way that there’s a link between Rocky Peaks and Fiery Depths (not very likely if we take the World Map at face value).

Still haven’t had the time to make much progress on Fiery Depths, so no updates here, but it should definitely be playable. At least, the wider screen and better camera and controls should make it more fun and easier.

I’m curious if it had been shown somewhere else in the past! Unfortunately, some stuff tends to disappear forever from the Internet, especially for media that’s not very well known...
And yes, I always loved that version of Dark Rayman! Was really the right look for him in that game! :mryellow:

Hunchman801 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:41 am The Rocky Peaks article doesn't give those enemies a name, but indeed, they are referred to as fire antitoons in the Antitoon article. Master appears to have made the change in 2014, so I'll reach out just in case, but what are they called in Ray1Map?
FlameMine! And their projectiles are named FireMine! Don’t FlameFireMix them up! :fou2:
Wish I still had the game’s box with the manual, perhaps a lot of the info we’re missing on entities from the game could be in there, considering how extensive Game Boy manuals tended to be...
Hunchman801 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:41 am It's perfect, best first contribution ever. Sorry it had to be for "Blowing Fuffy". :lol:
It’s really that good? :lol:
It was a good idea for me take the time to see how some of the basic wiki features works! I always wondered how wiki contributors had the patience to link every related article and so it was a nice surprise to see how easy and convenient it is to just type the word and add the appropriate symbols around it! I got confused when I saw that writing "trumpets" didn’t work, but then I realised I could simply just separate the "s" and it would work and still look the same!
And there’s no reason to feel sorry, it’s an honor to have first contributed to spreading the word of the divine BLOWING FUFFIES. :hap:

As for the Heart article, it has been updated successfully! I hope it’s a good addition! :mryellow:
I’ve barely touched the text already made for the UbiArt games aside from the necessary changes so it can make sense with the new GBC stuff (though I’ve made a few minor fixes like the bubble bushes’ broken link).
Hunchman801 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:41 am Well, to me the GBC platforms resemble a human-shaped head vaguely inspired by "ethnic" masks, while the actual scared platforms are distinct worm-like or root-like creatures that also happen to have similar hair. They also have a very specific behavior (hence their name), while the GBC platforms just fall when Rayman stands on them, right? That's a very common pattern across Rayman games.

I'm curious, however, about those other GBC platforms you're mentioning. Do you have screenshots of them handy? Maybe that will help us get a clearer picture of all this mess. :mrgreen:
Not a bad way to see it, some do vaguely look like that. But on the other hand, the GBC game also redesigned (WINK! WINK! :hap:) a lot of things such as the Trumpets or the Stone Men that barely look the same as in the original game, so it’s even harder to draw the line between what’s intended to be a different entity or not without official confirmation.
As for the screenshots, I only have pictures taken through an emulator (and using cheats because I wasn’t going to beat the entire game just for that :noelnoir:). So don’t know if they’re fit for RayWiki usage... and as such, I’m taking this as the opportunity to ask what sizes are considered the best for GBC content on the RayWiki. The help page I saw only mentions the sizes for the main games and I’m not sure the way I took the screenshots is appropriate as they’re quite big (and their height is always an odd number for some reason, so reducing their size give weird results). That way I’ll add a picture to the Heart article if I can.

GBC Basic Platforms.png
GBC Basic Platforms.png (42.83 KiB) Viewed 2975 times
GBC Fiery Depths Platforms.png
GBC Fiery Depths Platforms.png (39.07 KiB) Viewed 2975 times
GBC Arcane Forest Platforms.png
GBC Arcane Forest Platforms.png (44.86 KiB) Viewed 2975 times
Writing walls of texts and overusing sarcastic emoticons is my passion! :noel: :hap: :noelnoir:

CosmicStrider
Barbara
Tings: 10700

Post by CosmicStrider »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:53 pm First of all... Rayman 2 Forever WILL be remade in Rayman ReDesigner! It shouldn’t take Forever too long anyway as this game is shorter and has minuscule bonus (and boss) levels! Just don’t expect it to work as well as Rayman GBC ReDesigned as many things have no perfect equivalent!
Secondly, the first level is already available for you to play and is considered complete! Take it as a little demo until I’m done with the original game! :mrgreen:
Oh I love Rayman Forever! It's cool you're gonna be remaking that one too! :D

I mean, I know the cutscenes don't look too great...But I just think it's neat.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

It’s changelog time! Here’s what has been changed in the updates!

For all bundles:
-Added an alternative spawn point for winning or losing bonus levels. Losing will make you reappear closer to the Magician, while winning will spawn you further away from him (so winning uses most of the old spawn points).
-Changed the sound effect of main Ting Gendoors in bonus levels to something subtler. This was originally done in the Spellbound Forest, but I forgot to repeat it in the next levels.
-Renamed the """Ubi Cliff""" track to "Time Attack". You can remove the old Ubi Cliff file as it won’t be used any more.
-Created a completely custom version of the PPC bonus winning screen to replace the previous super beautiful 4K Ultra HD™ one. :hap:
-Slightly readjusted the sound of a few PPC tracks.
-Updated the readme files.

For the Spellbound Forest:
-Completely overhauled Ubi Cliff. Now, you’ll be sent to the appropriate bonus screens, you have 55 seconds to beat the level, the Exit Sign and Life have been removed (the latter has been moved to the winning screen) and there are portals below every Ting if you get all of them or if the timer runs out. It uses the correct bonus music in the GBC and PPC version, and now the Greyscale version uses the Time Attack music as a tribute to the "Ubi Cliff" music.
-Improved the timer’s accuracy in the last bonus level and changed a few tiles (restored a changed tile and move the reactionary collision used for the fairy to the closest empty tile above).
-Fixed an incorrect sfx in a bonus.
-Replaced the "Dark Legacy portals" with Magicians that will send you *directly* to Ubi Cliff.
-Replaced the "Rainy Forest’s bonus hat" on the Time Attack map with a Magician + a key that will send you to Ubi Cliff (as a reference to the ability to access Ubi Cliff from anywhere and to the fact Rainy Forest is the only world with only one bonus and its "portal" is also at a convenient spot).

For Airy Tunes:
-Fixed the incorrect spawn point number in the Greyscale version of Time Attack.

For the Old Graphics pack:
-Renamed the pack to "Rayman GBC ReDesigned - Extras".
-Added the appropriate subfolders to easily merge them with your own.
-Added the old version of Spellbound Forest so you can still play my original take on Ubi Cliff.
-Added extra graphics (title screen, custom PPC screens).
-Added old skins (including the current ones as they’re not definitive). This includes a new skin of Rayman with old Game Boy greenish colours, and Beta Bad Rayman! So download the bundle for early access to him! :noel:

Hope I didn’t forget anything! :oops2:
Also, what are those custom PPC screens I’ve mentioned? Well, as I wasn’t satisfied with the terrible winning screen in the oil-painted version of the graphics, I’ve decided to make a completely new one using the corresponding pictures of Rayman 1’s world map and of Rayman’s render from Rayman 2!

Rayman GBC ReDesigned - Challenge Won.png
Rayman GBC ReDesigned - Challenge Won.png (190.68 KiB) Viewed 2857 times

This was the first version I made, but it didn’t look very good in-game and it looked too different (especially because of the sky gift... Speaking of which, it’s interesting how they actually redrew the World Map for the PPC picture!)...
So I made another version using the final Redemption World Map and improving some details, and this is what I ended up with!

Rayman PPC - Challenge Won.png
Rayman PPC - Challenge Won.png (179.64 KiB) Viewed 2857 times

Of course, you still have access to the original PPC picture if you don’t like it! :mryellow:
I’ve also attempted to recreate the losing screen, but my version turned out worse than the official picture, so I didn’t use it. :?

Rayman GBC ReDesigned - Challenge Lost.png
Rayman GBC ReDesigned - Challenge Lost.png (152.88 KiB) Viewed 2857 times

CosmicStrider wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:10 pm Oh I love Rayman Forever! It's cool you're gonna be remaking that one too! :D

I mean, I know the cutscenes don't look too great...But I just think it's neat.
Glad to be of service! :mrgreen:
It should probably start in late September if I’m done with the worlds of the first game by then! As Forever had shorter (but more numerous) worlds, everything should release faster! Maybe I could upload a world weekly if it’s not too hard to recreate! :)
It’s just a shame that it’s harder to make a faithful recreation as it has more unique interactions with the environment (complete climbing, bouncy branches...), and many objects which don’t have a Rayman 1 equivalent (both visually and for the gameplay). Guess it’ll be a good time to put to good use some of the things added to Rayman 1 by Redemption and ReDesigner...

Also, what do you mean? The Rayman 2 Forever scenes are the best meme material in the series and such masterpieces need to be exhibited Forever in museums of modern art! :hap:

Rayman 2 Forever - Bonus Level.png
Rayman 2 Forever - Bonus Level.png (10.54 KiB) Viewed 2857 times
Rayman 2 Forever - TIME UP!.png
Rayman 2 Forever - TIME UP!.png (8.74 KiB) Viewed 2857 times

CosmicStrider
Barbara
Tings: 10700

Post by CosmicStrider »

Well don't rush yourself, I won't mind if you take forever! :winkgrin:

Also I almost forgot about the laughing stopwatch, it's been a handful of years since I beat that game. I wonder if it has anything to do with the clock from Rayman's continue/game over screen...
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:53 pm FlameMine! And their projectiles are named FireMine! Don’t FlameFireMix them up! :fou2:
Wish I still had the game’s box with the manual, perhaps a lot of the info we’re missing on entities from the game could be in there, considering how extensive Game Boy manuals tended to be...
In case it has never been scanned, I noticed that some people seem to be selling it online. :lol:
Rayman Saturn wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:53 pm As for the Heart article, it has been updated successfully! I hope it’s a good addition! :mryellow:
I’ve barely touched the text already made for the UbiArt games aside from the necessary changes so it can make sense with the new GBC stuff (though I’ve made a few minor fixes like the bubble bushes’ broken link).
Great job again, thanks!
Rayman Saturn wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:53 pm As for the screenshots, I only have pictures taken through an emulator (and using cheats because I wasn’t going to beat the entire game just for that :noelnoir:). So don’t know if they’re fit for RayWiki usage... and as such, I’m taking this as the opportunity to ask what sizes are considered the best for GBC content on the RayWiki. The help page I saw only mentions the sizes for the main games and I’m not sure the way I took the screenshots is appropriate as they’re quite big (and their height is always an odd number for some reason, so reducing their size give weird results). That way I’ll add a picture to the Heart article if I can.
The correct resolution is 160 × 144, that should be the default size of the emulator window.
Rayman Saturn wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:53 pm By the way, this topic is really transforming into a Rayman GBC and Rayman GBC ReDesigned thread, so I hope that more creators will come soon to share their creations in Rayman ReDesigner! :oops2:
I have created a topic here to continue the discussion about Rayman GBC content on RayWiki. :)