Rayman Revolution In Rayman 2 PC

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
TTK
Poilu
Tings: 2035

Rayman Revolution In Rayman 2 PC

Post by TTK »

Has anyone thought of reverse engineering Rayman Revolution Into Rayman 2 PC. With all the extra stuff, like music, assets, scripts, voice acting, bosses, levels?
Moventur
Paluchard
Tings: 528

Re: Rayman Revolution In Rayman 2 PC

Post by Moventur »

Just download emulator ps2 for pc
Garo
Incrediball
Tings: 390

Post by Garo »

PS2 emulators generally require very good specs to get playable (at least with PCSX2), so this really doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. This would take a lot of effort though so I don't see this happening anytime soon. But I heard there is an HD remake for Rayman 2 coming out soon called "Rayman 2 HD". More about it will be revealed in the upcoming Rayman: Alive so stay tuned! (Sorry if I mention Rayman: Alive a lot, I'm a little excited for it.)
"Troublesome isn't it, and untidy too." - The Magician from Rayman
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8652

Post by deton24 »

I wouldn't call it very demanding for today's conditions for achieving stock 30FPS.

PCSX2 got Vulkan and DX12 support in recent nightly builds and Revolution greatly benefits from it.

There might be some drops here and there on some poor PCs like on the bridge in Minisarious Plains, but they are completely fixed now on decent CPUs and the game is fully playable in 60 FPS using specific hack.
Personally, I was emulating this game in 2014 on some ancient C2D and had 30 FPS in many areas (with some drops of course and with specific settings).
So it's rather not a challenge for anyone using CPU with more than two threads now.
Garo
Incrediball
Tings: 390

Post by Garo »

Oh I wasn't aware of that. I should really try the nightly builds at some point. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
"Troublesome isn't it, and untidy too." - The Magician from Rayman
TTK
Poilu
Tings: 2035

Post by TTK »

Thanks guys.