Rayman 1 (Playstation) - Russian Fan-Made Translation (by Rayman Fan Union)

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
☭ CrazyKyoto ☭
Aurora
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia (eariler Mariupol, Ukraine)
Tings: 15618

Rayman 1 (Playstation) - Russian Fan-Made Translation (by Rayman Fan Union)

Post by ☭ CrazyKyoto ☭ »

Greetings here, comrades!

I'm very big Rayman fan and also a leader of Rayman Fan Union Russian Community. One month ago we with my friend Neurud dublated video of Rayman 1 Intro, where proffesional actor Daniil Eldarov playing the main role. But I decided not to stop there, and find a way to translate the game of the Playstation NTSC-U version.

And now after 5 days of work I present that my project of Rayman Fan Union Community!

The translation from the technical part is based on the pirated localization from "Foxes" (рус. "Лисы"), which was largely modified. In the digital image of the game, I have edited almost all the text of the game. The intro and ending videos were also replaced (we asked Daniil Eldarov to voice her as well). Also Vladislav Ivanov from VKontakte helped with our project, where he converted dubbed videos for its replasing.

Link for downloading
(Yandex): https://disk.yandex.ru/d/0ZUsqXef-JgrQg
(Google): https://drive.google.com/file/d/15V1wVy ... -YkhF/view
Last edited by ☭ CrazyKyoto ☭ on Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LEADER OF "RAYMAN FAN UNION" (VKONTAKTE)

БЕТИЛЛА САМАЯ ЛУЧШАЯ ВАЙФУ НА СВЕТЕ!!!
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Re: Rayman 1 (Playstation) - Russian Fan-Made Translation (by Rayman Fan Union)

Post by hoodlumsworld »

This is awesome, the Russian-speaking community has you to thank for all this work!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Great job! Did you reuse the names from Rayman Classic, which is the only official Russian localization we know of for that game?
☭ CrazyKyoto ☭
Aurora

Post by ☭ CrazyKyoto ☭ »

Hunchman801 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:33 am Great job! Did you reuse the names from Rayman Classic, which is the only official Russian localization we know of for that game?
Actually I tried to do names of levels which was in Russian RayWiki, but technycaly by hex editor I can do work only with some restrictions. I change only some names of locations and levels where I can do something similar with original English names and those Russian ones or do some another name for this location. Also font of game haven't some letters alike "Й" ,"Ч" and "Щ".

Screenshots

Oh, and yes. I must say then I fixed my localisation in 19 August. There I worked with sound of video and did sound more louder and some text was been fixed where was incorrect symbols. Anyway I made maybe one of the best Rayman game localization :)

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Most of those names actually look pretty different from the official ones! But I understand you had to get creative with the technical restrictions; I assume it's because of the palette not having enough spots for the Russian Cyrillic alphabet?
☭ CrazyKyoto ☭
Aurora

Post by ☭ CrazyKyoto ☭ »

Yes, actually it was a one of the main problem for creating localization. Localization, as I noticed, is based on "Foxes" localization, where I used their font for work. Just they have very good Russian font for this game. For working with text I also create this alphabet table, which was been in localization by "Foxes":

Only one thing I must said about my "alphabet" - in game U character is using "Ц" symbol, not a "Ч".

About a working with text. I used a method by replacing needed latin characters by hex editor (I used HxD for it) and actually I worked with a .bin format of ROM. I was very lucky to find exactly this file format, just because .iso and EBOOT.pbp work with them could be more harder or basically impossible. And in this phase of work I haved second main problem - text can be edited only in borders which size cannot be changed, because ROM of game will be crashed and game won't launch. So I must get creative with that technical restrictions.

Work with text looked something alike that:

Code: Select all

Rayman 1 Localization Texts Examples

HEX Code						Result

1)../    jsc fps3    /						Лес Грез

2)../ opksctp /							Оркестр 

3)./  chnhs fopli /						Синие Горы

4)..../fopoe kapthn/						Город Картин

5)../ vswspli ckovca  /						Пещеры Скопса

6)./cjaekhh 3amok/						Сладкии Замок (yeah... one of examples without "Й" letter)

7)/ tapsh3an eaj bam bojwsdnos csmr  /				Тарейзан дал вам волшебное семя

8).../nazhmahts ? ejr  vocaekh csmsnh   /			Нажимайте O для посадки семени

9)..../   my3likant east bam    /				Музыкант дает вам

10)./ nobyg bsptojstnyg chjy /					Новую вертолетную силу

11)../  nazhmah ? ejr vojsta      /				Нажимай X для полета

12)../nazmh ? cnoba: vojst bliws/				Нажми X снова: полет выше (for "Ы" letter as you see was been used 2 symbols - L and I)

13)..../ mhctsp eapk voxhthj qsg dsthjjy /			Мистер Дарк похитил Фею Бетиллу

14)./  ezo vpsejafast cbstjrka   /				Джо предлагает Светлячка

15)../ejr xoeldli bo mpaks/					Для ходьбы во мраке

16)../  vpowy cvach msnr! ckopss!  /				Прошу спаси меня! Скорее!
Screenshots