Ubisoft Deleted Jungle/Fiesta Run?

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

dr_st
Ursula
Tings: 26848

Re: Ubisoft Deleted Jungle/Fiesta Run?

Post by dr_st »

The Jonster wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:36 pm Jungle Run was a lot of fun. Fiesta Run, it was fun too but I don't like to replay levels over and over just to get enough lums to unlock things is all.
Yeah, I never bothered unlocking anything in Fiesta Run. Like, other than paying 5000 lums to open up the Candy World, I didn't buy any costumes, characters, artwork or gadgets. 5000 lums is something you easily get towards the middle of the game, without even trying.
syntheticgerbil
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by syntheticgerbil »

Hi, I'm wondering if any of y'all would know how to piece back a "complete" version of an ipa Rayman Fiesta Run for iOS. I have Rayman Fiesta Run version 1.5.0 up and running on a 32 bit Jailbroken iPad running 9.3.5. and had a back up of my old save file with everything unlocked, all of my purchases saved, and beaten 100% but I can no longer access the DLC. I'm not entirely sure I remember what the DLC all was. I know there was a candy land, but wasn't it just all of the levels in the game back to back? There was also some kind of time attack in the underworld levels, but I can't remember if they were original levels or just time attack versions of existed levels. Either way, when I click either of these worlds, it says I have to download them first and then I get a bunch of error messages that they couldn't be downloaded presumably because Ubisoft (like idiots) simply deleted every trace of this game from its servers. I still have all of the costumes unlocked from those modes though.

So I have an IPA dumped from a non jailbroken iPad running iOS 15, which basically the last official version I was allowed to play signed from the iTunes store, but of course it doesn't work, and it just crashes. This version is 1.5.8 and will not install on anything below iOS 10, but it is encrypted to my username so I'm not allowed to install it again on my iPad running 9.3.5 as an unsigned app even if I just edit the plist file to allow an install on earlier iOS versions.

My save file is extracted from my iOS 15 jailed iPad, installed long ago when I switched devices and Fiesta Run actually still ran. The save file is extracted via iMazing, so I'm not quite sure what the actual save file is or if it's multiple files.

Instead I found an IPA from some website that is just 1.5.0 and it will install on the jailbroken iPad. It works fine with my save file. It has all of the costume files from the DLC, like Wereray, but as I said earlier it would appear that the DLC files are missing, and they must be downloaded. It is a version of the game that is aware of the DLC though since the candy world and the nether world appear on the main map. The info.plist on this one states the lowest required iOS version is 6.

The 1.5.8 nonworking IPA I dumped has a lot more files. It is about 126 mb. The 1.5.0 file I found on the internet is about 86 mb. I would guess what is going on here is that the DLC content is in the 1.5.8 IPA. I don't know how to tell for sure though. I have tried to make a Frankenstein IPA where I take all of the files from 1.5.8 in a new IPA zip I created and then just replace the info.plist with the one from 1.5.0. It will install like that with Sideloadly but it just crashes when you open the file, the same way 1.5.8 always does. I've also tried a Frankenstein version where I dumped all the files from 1.5.8 into 1.5.0 and wrote over anything that wasn't a .plist in the main directory and it actually installs and runs with my save file, but it's the exact same as before as if I were running the same 1.5.0 version and asks me if I want to download the DLC.

Anyone have any clue how to piece together a complete version of this? Maybe someone knows someone who hacks IPA files and can make a running complete version? Is it possible for me to do this myself by changing some values in the plist to say I already downloaded the extra areas? Is that what is tripping it up?

Bummer that Ubisoft royally screwed this game up. I quite liked it. And I noticed in this thread people were saying at least they have the Windows version. But it's long gone as well.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 594419

Post by Hunchman801 »

Long time no see! I don't know how to piece up a full version of the game, but regarding the content of the DLC, the Candy World contained 16 new levels, and the thing with all the levels back to back was probably Nightmare Mode. Both were added in version 1.2.0.
syntheticgerbil
Lums

Thank you for the reply! Sure has been awhile! Sorry, didn't think to look at the wiki.

After looking through the game data, it would appear that both IPAs I have contain the art assets and other files for Candy World and most likely Nightmare Mode. Not entirely sure where the 50mb size difference between 1.5.0 and 1.5.8 is coming from, but I'd have to look more closely and compare.

So based on this, I would guess the "downloading" is more of a formality in these versions, since I noticed the Windows version that is no longer downloadable says it's the "Preloaded Edition." Possibly the last iOS releases were "preloaded."

Unfortunately I have no idea how to disable the downloading prompt to just go to the worlds and avoid the errors. It's perhaps somewhere in one of my save files or a plist somewhere. I'm only really armed with a plist editor or plain old Notepad. Sometimes that's all that is required for messing around with mobile games. If I figure out how to disable it, I'll let you all know.
syntheticgerbil
Lums

Update on this, I'm pretty sure I've hit a brick wall.

Comparing the files in game data, it would seem that what I have for 1.5.0 doesn't actually have all files needed for both the Nightmare and Candy worlds. The data in 1.5.8 would appear to be "preloaded" as it has a bunch of extra art assets and folders for things like platforms, walls, and background elements for both worlds. So probably even if I were to figure out how to get 1.5.0 to stop asking me to download the data, it wouldn't work anyway since it isn't there.

Unfortunately, 1.5.8 is the last version that was released and also the one that does not work for whatever reason. Just goes to a black screen and exits. I was able to edit the plist within the file to allow me to install it on iOS 9 via sideloadly, but the same issue arises if installed legit on any recent iOS version, black screen and exit.

So whatever error the last version of the game has seems to have nothing to do with whether it's running in 32 bit or 64 bit iOS like I was hoping. I suppose it would take a rogue programmer to make a complete final version of the game that works or somehow inject the DLC into an older version. I doubt anyone has much interest in doing so though.

Ubisoft might even want to rerelease it one day complete somehow. I really doubt that would happen though. I can't even get them to fix busted achievements in Rayman Mini.
RayCarrot
Creveton
Tings: 29720

Post by RayCarrot »

That's a bummer that it's broken on iOS as well. On Android Jungle Run has a similar issue, but it's not too hard piecing it together as the downloadable assets can be copied in as normal files. I have however no idea how it works on iOS. For Fiesta Run the Android files appear to still be up: http://static.cdn.ubi.com/0006/dlc/dev/ ... _1.2.9.zip

I don't think editing your save will matter. The game normally checks for the files each time it launches.

I was also going to mention that you can still buy Fiesta Run on PC if you do it from the Microsoft Store website as previously that still worked. But now it seems Ubisoft has completely taken down all of their PC games from there, including Jungle and Fiesta Run :(

Edit: Just noticed I still have Fiesta Run installed on an old iPhone I had and it seems to have the DLC levels. It's not jailbroken though, so probably won't help much.
dr_st
Ursula
Tings: 26848

Post by dr_st »

I can understand why Ubisoft deleted the games once they decided they can't be bothered to update them to run well on new devices / operating systems. The Google Play Store is full of reviews of recent angry buyers who actually spent money on the games only to find out it was broken.

At least on Android the patched APKs are there and you can install them without much fuss (still need some fuss to get the OBB to work). iOS users naturally have it harder due to the much more restricted environment.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 594419

Post by Hunchman801 »

syntheticgerbil wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:26 pm Thank you for the reply! Sure has been awhile! Sorry, didn't think to look at the wiki.
No problem, I just thought this could be useful for your research! Sad to hear that there is currently no solution to this problem, I hope someone out there still has the IPA file handy.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 96425

Post by Steo »

Kind of annoying that they still kept them up for sale when they don't work, and have no intention to fix it even though it's a very small issue. iOS at least took them down even though refusing to fix them was still kind of lazy.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
syntheticgerbil
Lums

RayCarrot wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:20 pm Edit: Just noticed I still have Fiesta Run installed on an old iPhone I had and it seems to have the DLC levels. It's not jailbroken though, so probably won't help much.
Oh wow, any idea what version of Fiesta Run that is? Since earlier this year, it's really easy to jailbreak old 32-bit devices (Running the final update iOS 9.3.5) with p0laris and Sideloadly. https://p0laris.dev/ and https://sideloadly.io/

If you at some point have the time to jailbreak, I'd be curious if you could go into iFunbox (https://www.i-funbox.com/en/index.html It's just a file explorer) and see on Rayman Fiesta Run what folder it has created for the game data, assuming this isn't a "preloaded" edition.

I checked Rayman Jungle Run with iFunbox, and while the base app IPA stored on my iPad is around 65 mb, it put all the DLC stuff in the Documents folder and added 119mb that I backed up separately. If older versions of Rayman Fiesta Run work like this, like I'm suspecting 1.5.0 does, it could be fixable.

Also the stuff in that Android file looks to be exactly what was added in gamedata to Rayman Fiesta Run 1.5.8.
Steo wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:15 pm Kind of annoying that they still kept them up for sale when they don't work, and have no intention to fix it even though it's a very small issue. iOS at least took them down even though refusing to fix them was still kind of lazy.
That's the weird thing, Fiesta Run is just completely wiped from the App Store, but Jungle Run is there for me to redownload any time I want on either 32 bit or 64 bit iOS devices, however it won't work on 64 bit devices, it crashes from the beginning same as Fiesta Run does. When I start Jungle Run on my old iPad from a fresh install, I'm still allowed to reinstall all DLC levels and restore my previous purchases no problem. So Ubisoft kept the stuff for that game on their servers at least.
RayCarrot
Creveton
Tings: 29720

Post by RayCarrot »

syntheticgerbil wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:44 pm
RayCarrot wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:20 pm Edit: Just noticed I still have Fiesta Run installed on an old iPhone I had and it seems to have the DLC levels. It's not jailbroken though, so probably won't help much.
Oh wow, any idea what version of Fiesta Run that is? Since earlier this year, it's really easy to jailbreak old 32-bit devices (Running the final update iOS 9.3.5) with p0laris and Sideloadly. https://p0laris.dev/ and https://sideloadly.io/

If you at some point have the time to jailbreak, I'd be curious if you could go into iFunbox (https://www.i-funbox.com/en/index.html It's just a file explorer) and see on Rayman Fiesta Run what folder it has created for the game data, assuming this isn't a "preloaded" edition.
It appears I have version 1.5.8. I thought my iPhone was below iOS 10, but apparently I'm on iOS 10.3.3 (it is a 32-bit device though as it's an iPhone 5C). You mentioned that Fiesta Run version always giving a black screen, but for me it works fine. Maybe just on 64-bit devices?
syntheticgerbil
Lums

Strange, I had no idea that 32 bit devices could run higher than iOS 9.

I think it makes sense that it works, I do know that Fiesta Run did work on my newer iPad at some point until maybe the iOS 13 update? It's possible it just has something to do with the .IPA I have saved being the last thing Ubisoft uploaded when it didn't work. Forcing Fiesta Run 1.5.8 it to install on iOS 9.3.5 on my old iPad that is jailbroken via Sideloadly still results in the game crashing when starting. (This is after I edited the info plist to even allow me to install, because 1.5.8 says lowest possible version it will install is 10). It's possible if I had a device simply running iOS 10, it would work fine though, as maybe by editing the info.plist on it to install to iOS 9, I'm creating new issues?

Thank you for looking, I appreciate it!