Rayman (Game Boy Color)

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
RaymanM64
Gandalf
Tings: 4015

Re: Rayman (Game Boy Color)

Post by RaymanM64 »

Well, I took screenshots of the enemies of the game, I put them in a zip file ( there are 63 images with normal enemy, when they take a blow, when they attack, when they die ) with a text file indicating the name of the enemies ( you can change them ) with their maximum life points and their location in the game .
Those who know how to manage RayWiki , go ahead ~

I hope this will work

I remain available in case of questions

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1re30er8 ... t.zip/file
JE SUIS DE RETOUR ! Ca va péter des bulles !
RaymanM64
Gandalf

Post by RaymanM64 »

I realize something by reviewing the list of animations made by RayCarrot and I realize that there are unused animations, even in the first Rayman on GBC.

The one where he uses his body as a basketball, it's not there.
Nor the one where he gets his buttocks pricked (like on the PS1 version) it is not used in the game.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

Quoting my post about that GBC thing revealed by Davide Soliani after the Mario+Rabbids Rayman DLC announcement:
About that... the man has just revealed some very interesting things from the GBC game, which also confirms in some way that a lot of level design was scrapped from the final game as we discussed in the recent GBC topic! :)
Interestingly, it seems the Vertical Trumpets could have been used a lot more!
https://twitter.com/DavideSoliani/statu ... 8675698688

Here’s a Google translation I’ve made from what I understood of his writing, just so you don’t have to:
Maybe to remove

The dots are taken as an example to a rings
Cage.
Maybe you could remove a ring and force the player to return when the "helicopter" ability is in possession.
Rayman falls into the void.
Horizontal cloud
Vertical Trumpets.

Playfield map
Music2dav7.ppl
Photo
Music2dav7.psp
Music2dav7b.psp
Dimensions
120/120
Btw, the "psp" is the extension name of the game’s level editor as he said, Soliani didn’t predict the PlayStation Portable. :hap:
He even thought of a "Rayman Maker" in another tweet below that one :noel: (Rayman Designer and ReDesigner: "Are we a joke to you?" :hap: ).
Perhaps I could take some inspiration as well from these unused parts to make new GBC levels/segments in ReDesigner! :hehe:

Regarding the RayWiki and Arcane Forest, I think we should create a separate article for the Carnivorous Plants (name from Ray1Map) appearing in the last normal level of that world. They have been bundled with the Spiky Fruits, but they’re vastly different from them aside from their appearance (though it’ll be fine to keep them mentioned in that article due to the strong resemblance). Otherwise, all the info we already have about them is accurate, we could just mention that they’re hiding in the ground before Rayman approaches them.
Aside from that, I can’t really think of any more "data" I could report so far from what I’m doing with the game recently... Sorry for being so slow! :oops2:
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:48 pm Quoting my post about that GBC thing revealed by Davide Soliani after the Mario+Rabbids Rayman DLC announcement:

[...]
I very much appreciate Soliani sharing GBC content, but what's new about this? The first and third images are lower resolution versions of this one and that one he shared in 2020, and the second one is just of close up view of the latter, in a lower resolution too.
Rayman Saturn wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:48 pm Regarding the RayWiki and Arcane Forest, I think we should create a separate article for the Carnivorous Plants (name from Ray1Map) appearing in the last normal level of that world. They have been bundled with the Spiky Fruits, but they’re vastly different from them aside from their appearance (though it’ll be fine to keep them mentioned in that article due to the strong resemblance). Otherwise, all the info we already have about them is accurate, we could just mention that they’re hiding in the ground before Rayman approaches them.
Aside from that, I can’t really think of any more "data" I could report so far from what I’m doing with the game recently... Sorry for being so slow! :oops2:
Yes, they deserve a separate article. What to call them, though?

Anyway, I gotta get back to this. I'll go through RaymanM64's pictures (thanks for that!), upload what we're missing and move on to Ancient Forest. :)
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Hunchman801 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:56 am
Rayman Saturn wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:48 pm Quoting my post about that GBC thing revealed by Davide Soliani after the Mario+Rabbids Rayman DLC announcement:

[...]
I very much appreciate Soliani sharing GBC content, but what's new about this? The first and third images are lower resolution versions of this one and that one he shared in 2020, and the second one is just of close up view of the latter, in a lower resolution too.
Rayman Saturn wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:48 pm Regarding the RayWiki and Arcane Forest, I think we should create a separate article for the Carnivorous Plants (name from Ray1Map) appearing in the last normal level of that world. They have been bundled with the Spiky Fruits, but they’re vastly different from them aside from their appearance (though it’ll be fine to keep them mentioned in that article due to the strong resemblance). Otherwise, all the info we already have about them is accurate, we could just mention that they’re hiding in the ground before Rayman approaches them.
Yes, they deserve a separate article. What to call them, though?

Anyway, I gotta get back to this. I'll go through RaymanM64's pictures (thanks for that!), upload what we're missing and move on to Ancient Forest. :)
Wow, I didn't notice! You're right! I remember that Soliani already shared some stuff from Rayman GBC a few years ago, but I didn't remember that he already revealed these specifically! The fact it's the exact same pictures in lower quality makes it even weirder! Either he forgot, or he tried to get more excitement from the community as it was the perfect time for that.
It's also quite a shame that it's pretty hard to identify a lot of details on such pictures and that a part of it (the right border) is not on the photos, otherwise I would have loved to make a perfect recreation of it and make it playable through ReDesigner.
Anyway, it was a good excuse to bring it to this topic and I discovered it thanks to all of that! :mryellow:

I guess we could stick with the Ray1Map name. There's no other "official" data about them, so we could only use made-up names like "Spiky Flower/Plant" otherwise. :?

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

The wiki now has pictures for all types of antitoons as well wrong notes. Thanks RaymanM64!

However I believe we're still missing pictures of a heart, a life and a swinging spiky fruit. :idea:
RaymanM64
Gandalf

Post by RaymanM64 »

Hunchman801 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:02 pm The wiki now has pictures for all types of antitoons as well wrong notes. Thanks RaymanM64!

However I believe we're still missing pictures of a heart, a life and a swinging spiky fruit. :idea:
You're welcome!

Ok, I note, I must have forgotten to take the items of lives, I will have to correct that -

I have to check in the pictures, I may have missed a swinging spiky fruit.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I have also added more of your pictures to other existing articles, such as livingstone, lightining eyes, piranha, stone man and trumpet. I think I'm done with Ancient Forest, and almost done with Fiery Depths (just gotta add a few things to the bat article).

As for the rest, let me know if you can get those pictures of a heart, a life and a swinging spiky fruit. Also, it would be great to have a list of all the types of platforms in the game, what their appearance is like and how they behave. This should help us decide how to split them between articles. :)
RaymanM64
Gandalf

Post by RaymanM64 »

Hunchman801 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:32 pm I have also added more of your pictures to other existing articles, such as livingstone, lightining eyes, piranha, stone man and trumpet. I think I'm done with Ancient Forest, and almost done with Fiery Depths (just gotta add a few things to the bat article).

As for the rest, let me know if you can get those pictures of a heart, a life and a swinging spiky fruit. Also, it would be great to have a list of all the types of platforms in the game, what their appearance is like and how they behave. This should help us decide how to split them between articles. :)
I'll have to play the game again and try to find all this
( sorry for the delay xD )
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

No problem, I've been quite busy too and only just found the time to update the bat article.

On a side note, if you ever lay your hands a proper scanner and can assemble a neat PDF of the GBC manual, that would be fantastic for the wiki. As you can see, it is in high demand. :mrgreen:
RaymanM64
Gandalf

Post by RaymanM64 »

Hunchman801 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:40 pm No problem, I've been quite busy too and only just found the time to update the bat article.

On a side note, if you ever lay your hands a proper scanner and can assemble a neat PDF of the GBC manual, that would be fantastic for the wiki. As you can see, it is in high demand. :mrgreen:
This is your lucky day!
I HAVE A SCANNER! I CAN DO THIS!!!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Perfect, I certainly like a lucky day. :mrgreen:
RaymanM64
Gandalf

Post by RaymanM64 »

I took the time to scan ALL the pages of my old Rayman 1 manual on GBC (sorry for the quality of some of the pages that have aged badly)
I put it on my Mediafire because the attachments here only allow 3Mb max ( and my PDF is 8Mb ) .

THE LINK OF THE MANUAL : https://www.mediafire.com/file/zq7g5wot ... l.pdf/file

I hope it will be ok , if not , let me know !

I'm also looking for Droolie to update the OST playlist of Rayman 1 on GBC
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

RaymanM64 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:02 pm I took the time to scan ALL the pages of my old Rayman 1 manual on GBC (sorry for the quality of some of the pages that have aged badly)
I put it on my Mediafire because the attachments here only allow 3Mb max ( and my PDF is 8Mb ) .

THE LINK OF THE MANUAL : https://www.mediafire.com/file/zq7g5wot ... l.pdf/file

Awesome! That's exactly what we needed! Thanks a lot for going through the effort of scanning all of it! :mrgreen:

This also made me realise that one of the carnivorous plants can be seen in the picture of Ancient Forest (in the Game Boy Color of the part named "3. THE GAME"), which for some reason is more zoomed out in the French, Spanish, Italian and Dutch versions of it (which also made me notice that they used the Spanish flag in pages 29 and 31 of the Nederlands section :hap: ).
That means that enemy could have been originally intended for this world (which could explain its overall lack of enemies and new content), or maybe most or all of the other forests! There's just so much that has been changed in the final game! :shock: (Or maybe all of these are just mockups and we didn't actually miss anything, but I still wish we got some of this stuff in the actual game :noel: )
From what can be seen, the Blowing Fuffy also appears different and more detailed and cartoonish!

Speaking of which, I should really get to work on these plants' article... I'll try to see if I can find some time in a few days! :oops2:
RaymanM64 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:02 pmI'm also looking for Droolie to update the OST playlist of Rayman 1 on GBC
And seconding this!

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:54 pm (which also made me notice that they used the Spanish flag in pages 29 and 31 of the Nederlands section :hap: ).
:facepalm:
Rayman Saturn wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:54 pm(Or maybe all of these are just mockups and we didn't actually miss anything, but I still wish we got some of this stuff in the actual game :noel: )
Like the picture of Skops in the Dream Forest or the Bomb Pirate in a non-boss level :hap:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

RaymanM64 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:02 pm THE LINK OF THE MANUAL : https://www.mediafire.com/file/zq7g5wot ... l.pdf/file

Thanks a lot, the manual has been uploaded to the wiki. Now we've just got to add it to the article. :)

Edit: it's done.
RaymanM64
Gandalf

Post by RaymanM64 »

Hunchman801 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:46 pm Thanks a lot, the manual has been uploaded to the wiki. Now we've just got to add it to the article. :)

Edit: it's done.
Is there anything else I can do to improve the wiki ? It seems to me that you told me that the game is missing pictures of items or something
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

RaymanM64 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:42 am Is there anything else I can do to improve the wiki ? It seems to me that you told me that the game is missing pictures of items or something
Yes please:
Hunchman801 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:32 pm As for the rest, let me know if you can get those pictures of a heart, a life and a swinging spiky fruit. Also, it would be great to have a list of all the types of platforms in the game, what their appearance is like and how they behave. This should help us decide how to split them between articles. :)
As for me, I've still got Arcane Forest and Dark Legacy to finish. I have started with the article for the carnivorous plant, but it's very much a stub, so please add all the information you can. There are notably two things I'm unsure of, due to conflicting details between RaymanM64's information and the wiki:
  • Do they also appear in Dark Legacy? The wiki says yes, but RaymanM64's file only mentions Arcane Forest.
  • Do they have 2 or 4 HP? RaymanM64's file says 2, but the wiki mentions that they "take four hits to defeat".
For now, I have used RaymanM64's information since I know for sure he has played the game recently. :)
RaymanM64
Gandalf

Post by RaymanM64 »

Hunchman801 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:40 pm
RaymanM64 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:42 am Is there anything else I can do to improve the wiki ? It seems to me that you told me that the game is missing pictures of items or something
Yes please:
Hunchman801 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:32 pm As for the rest, let me know if you can get those pictures of a heart, a life and a swinging spiky fruit. Also, it would be great to have a list of all the types of platforms in the game, what their appearance is like and how they behave. This should help us decide how to split them between articles. :)
As for me, I've still got Arcane Forest and Dark Legacy to finish. I have started with the article for the carnivorous plant, but it's very much a stub, so please add all the information you can. There are notably two things I'm unsure of, due to conflicting details between RaymanM64's information and the wiki:
  • Do they also appear in Dark Legacy? The wiki says yes, but RaymanM64's file only mentions Arcane Forest.
  • Do they have 2 or 4 HP? RaymanM64's file says 2, but the wiki mentions that they "take four hits to defeat".
For now, I have used RaymanM64's information since I know for sure he has played the game recently. :)
I'll take note and let you know when it's good.

I'm sure the carnivorous plants in Arcane Forest take 2 hits to die but I'll check again just in case

It seems to me that Dark Legacy doesn't contain any enemies but I'm going to redo the levels, I might have said something wrong, I'll try to take care of it quickly ~

There's also the Rayman OST on GBC, but if Droolie is busy with the leaks and restoration of Rayman 4, we'll leave him alone for the moment x)
I also saw on the animations files that had been put in the topic and I noticed that some animations are not used in the game
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Perfect, I'll wait for your confirmation before I make further changes. :)