RAYMAN IS BACK in 3D in new Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope DLC

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Re: RAYMAN IS BACK in 3D in new Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope DLC

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

LMAO, good edit! :lol:

By the way, Ubisoft just unveiled the budget for the next games! :hap:
https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/1590351630825684993

At least there won't be a downgrade at launch with these graphics! :P
Right?...
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Is this what Elon Musk has done? :ouin:

This reminds me of the thing where people say each Gabe Newell fat joke delays Half-Life 3 a little more...
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

I don't think this image has been shared yet:

I also enjoyed this video by OCG:

Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

Ah yeah, that's Nocna Fifi's art of it. https://twitter.com/NocnaFifi/status/15 ... 0188886016

PluMGMK wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:30 pm Is this what Elon Musk has done? :ouin:

This reminds me of the thing where people say each Gabe Newell fat joke delays Half-Life 3 a little more...
Ubisoft had to make some cuts to afford the new paid checkmark and more NFTs/NoFuckingThanks. :hap:

I remember I used to make these kinds of jokes years ago based on the Half-Life 3 memes, like in the comments of Rayman Revenge of the Dark. Beg for the game or the release date on an unrelated video and the author delays the game by one year! :noel:
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:34 pm Ah yeah, that's Nocna Fifi's art of it. https://twitter.com/NocnaFifi/status/15 ... 0188886016
Nice fanwork here!

Also, I can see that OCG now has over 143k subscribers. That's impressive, well done man. :up:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Ah yes, Nocna Fifi did a very nice job on that!

I have to say I agree with several of OCG's points, and I like his insight into the trademark issue at the end. But I wouldn't trust them with HD remakes of any of the classic games, given their track record. Also, the idea of using Revolution as a basis instead of the original – yeah, nope, that's not my cup of tea… And of course he had to cite Murfy as the reason why Rayman 4 should exist, to which:
PluMGMK wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:14 pm As I said, it's a throwaway remark by the most sarcastic character in the game.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

PluMGMK wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:53 am I have to say I agree with several of OCG's points, and I like his insight into the trademark issue at the end. But I wouldn't trust them with HD remakes of any of the classic games, given their track record. Also, the idea of using Revolution as a basis instead of the original – yeah, nope, that's not my cup of tea… And of course he had to cite Murfy as the reason why Rayman 4 should exist, to which:
PluMGMK wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:14 pm As I said, it's a throwaway remark by the most sarcastic character in the game.
I don't like the idea of HD remakes either, especially for Rayman 1 whose aesthetic I think would be very hard to recreate without the blocky sprites. There's also a big chance that those remakes would end up being to the original games what Revolution is to Rayman 2.

And yeah, Rayman fans have this tendency to see meaning where there is none, and Murfy's quote is a good example of that. :winkgrin:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Hunchman801 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:22 pm I don't like the idea of HD remakes either, especially for Rayman 1 whose aesthetic I think would be very hard to recreate without the blocky sprites.
Good point. I guess Ryemanni knew that, cause the only real deblockification (IIRC) in Redemption is that shrunken Rayman is a scaled-down version of normal Rayman, rather than a blocky mini-sprite. Which was an interesting choice I think.
Hunchman801 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:22 pmThere's also a big chance that those remakes would end up being to the original games what Revolution is to Rayman 2.
I guess it could only be worse really... Whatever hope there was of getting it right a year after the original, a remake twenty years later will surely fall victim to so many forgotten details... :ouin:
Hunchman801 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:22 pm And yeah, Rayman fans have this tendency to see meaning where there is none, and Murfy's quote is a good example of that. :winkgrin:
Indeed, but I don't think it's just Rayman fans though. After all, "HL3 confirmed" hasn't become such a big meme for nothing! :winkgrin: (Although now we have "Rayman 4 confirmed" on our side :confus:)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

PluMGMK wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:53 pm Good point. I guess Ryemanni knew that, cause the only real deblockification (IIRC) in Redemption is that shrunken Rayman is a scaled-down version of normal Rayman, rather than a blocky mini-sprite. Which was an interesting choice I think.
That's one bit I didn't like, as it felt a bit out of place, but it's a small detail that doesn't matter much.
PluMGMK wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:53 pm I guess it could only be worse really... Whatever hope there was of getting it right a year after the original, a remake twenty years later will surely fall victim to so many forgotten details... :ouin:
Good point. I'm not even sure if the original development team was involved with Revolution, but it certainly wouldn't be the case now.
PluMGMK wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:53 pm Although now we have "Rayman 4 confirmed" on our side :confus:
My thoughts exactly! We have Murfy to thank for that. :mrgreen:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Hunchman801 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:40 pm Good point. I'm not even sure if the original development team was involved with Revolution, but it certainly wouldn't be the case now.
I just opened up the relevant page (57) in my L'histoire de Rayman and it seems the "port" was indeed given to a small team at Ubisoft Annecy. Then Florent Sacré was sent to help them, and he realized that the level and game designers had basically started making an entirely new game! He says flat-out that it was too ambitious for the team (which had a lot of inexperienced people), and for the time given. So yeah, I think basically he thought about it the same way we do, without saying as much :hap:
sergiomonty
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by sergiomonty »

Hey creeps.

it's been A WHILE. Holy shit I revived.
Cool to know that Rayman is not dead after Michel Ancel was exposed as a deadbeat boss and left Ubisoft.

Now Rayman's kinda like... Earthworm Jim or something. Y'know, because of the fucked up creator and stuff.

I hope you guys are over the fact that Rayman will probably never be his Rayman 2 self ever again, and the franchise is destined to remain goofy and cartoonish forever.

Cool to see the limbless dude around again, tho. Cool to also see that he rocks the Smash Bros eyebrows now. He even has pockets in his belly for his dumb hands.

's cool, 's cool.

SO.

I just wanted to poke my head for a bit. I haven't seen you guys in... maybe a decade? I remember a lot of you weirdos using the n word with the hard R in the most casual of ways, holy shit. Hope y'all grew up. I sure did. I'm now married, isn't that cool? K see ya peeps.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Welcome back sergio and hearty congrats on your wedding!
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Congratulations! :teuf:
sergiomonty wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:19 am Now Rayman's kinda like... Earthworm Jim or something. Y'know, because of the fucked up creator and stuff.
In fairness, the revelations (IIRC) have shown other people involved to be a lot more effed up than Michel himself…
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

PluMGMK wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:59 pm In fairness, the revelations (IIRC) have shown other people involved to be a lot more effed up than Michel himself…
That was also my understanding reading the various testimonies in the topic about Ancel's departure.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

From an interview with Xavier Manzanares that came out yesterday:
https://gamingbolt.com/mario-rabbids-sp ... c-and-more
Following on from the previous question, one of Sparks of Hope’s post-launch expansions is bringing Rayman into the mix as well, which has yet another iconic property crossing over into the story. How did the idea for that come about and what can you tell us about how he’s going to be implemented in terms of both story and gameplay?

In Kingdom Battle we did the Donkey Kong expansion. It was a lot of fun, a lot of work that we put as well on making sure that, we wanted to respect Donkey Kong’s universe and lore and the interaction with Rabbids. It was a lot of fun and I think players loved the experience as well.

For Sparks of Hope, when we start to think this year about the DLCs, like the extensions of the adventure that we could do in the future, we thought about having an adventure feeling, different type of gameplay, etc. We believe that the three DLCs that we announced is a mix, a good mix of all the good ideas that we had during the production of Sparks of Hope. When it comes down to Rayman- first of all, we are reading forums, communities, and players’ feedback and we knew that Rayman was one of the characters that would be making a lot of splash and people would be happy to hear back from.

But even though it was a good idea maybe to bring back Rayman with the Rabbids and everything that we know from their past, we didn’t want to just bring him and that’s it. We wanted to think first about what would be the impact of Rayman in this gameplay, in this genre, in our game, first. And if there are some good ideas and we believe it could be interesting, then okay, let’s do it. It was really important to first think about this impact rather than just announcing a new hero, and that’s it. So that was the strategy. And of course, when we announced in September the details and gave a bit more reveal of this new hero, we saw the reaction from the fans. I’d say we’re very happy that it resonated with so many. And now we’re actually working with it right now in terms of the scope, the frame of what Rayman will be able to do, his interaction, like I said, with the Rabbid heroes. We’re spending a lot of time there, and focus.
arnoldfranklin
Carnivora
Tings: 12665

Post by arnoldfranklin »

Elite Piranha wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:59 pm From an interview with Xavier Manzanares that came out yesterday:
https://gamingbolt.com/mario-rabbids-sp ... c-and-more
When it comes down to Rayman- first of all, we are reading forums, communities, and players’ feedback and we knew that Rayman was one of the characters that would be making a lot of splash and people would be happy to hear back from.
I wonder where they are referring to. :P
"I am the greatest hero of all time. I get three Globox stamps." ~ Globox himself
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Dear team, please give us a sign that you are reading this topic. 😇
Henchman1028
Céloche
Tings: 7626

Post by Henchman1028 »

What's interesting to me is that the Rabbids in Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope are depicted much closer to how they are in the GBA Rayman Raving Rabbids than other Rabbids media. They are also able to talk in that, aren't as stupid, and have varying body shapes and fur color.
TriangulumDelta
Incrediball
Tings: 375

Post by TriangulumDelta »

Rayman is back in Rabbid hell. Give him a new game Ubisoft! It's been nearly 10 years :sad: