Rayman Redemption

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
TriangulumDelta
Incrediball
Tings: 375

Re: Rayman Redemption

Post by TriangulumDelta »

Cute
nitwitsworld
Super Lums Jaune
Tings: 185

Post by nitwitsworld »

TriangulumDelta wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:11 am Cute
Thanks I hope to commission more of this in the near future. Also, you can use these animations if you want. Only problem is that not sure if the game designer has modding yet?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Globox, Rayman 1 style. He looks surprisingly good!
nitwitsworld
Super Lums Jaune
Tings: 185

Post by nitwitsworld »

Hunchman801 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:32 pm Globox, Rayman 1 style. He looks surprisingly good!
Ikr? Freaking cool!
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

With the release of the massive last bonus video, my 100% playthrough Rayman Redemption is now officially complete for real!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 7K1W53xYy2

It was such a blast to complete this incredible remake and I’ll definitely return to it every year!
I think I’m gonna start another playthrough probably next month, but this time it’ll be in Casual mode and in 4:3 format (which is the format Rayman 1 and the prototypes of Redemption were built for!)!

I hope we could finally see some fanmade remakes of Rayman 2 and 3 (and maybe other Rayman games such as Rayman GBC or Arena) on par with this in the next years! Pretty much every Rayman game needs better versions than the ports and few remasters Ubisoft did for them!
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

No plans for a speedrun? :lol:
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

I found another easter egg again in Ryemanni’s games! But this time, it’s in Rayman ReDesigner! It’s a code (rdmrt) which allows you to spawn eight hidden objects using a hidden command prompt (revealed by pressing the "Home" key on your keyboard while you’re in the game’s editor)!
Some of them expands on some easter eggs from Redemption, such as Noseless Rayman’s head (which will actually chase you this time around), Globox (who is an animated sprite with sounds), or a piece of cheese (which plays the good old "NNN as in cheese" quote)! There’s also the Running Lightning enemy from Reign of Terror!

I guess it could become eventually a good modding opportunity to add into the game the cool new Globox sprite shown recently in this topic! :)

Hunchman801 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:31 pm No plans for a speedrun? :lol:
I like to refer to this future playthrough as "slowrun"! :hap:
Joke aside, I guess it’ll still count as a speedrun if I’m fast enough... I’m not doing the achievements again, though. :noel:

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:34 pm Joke aside, I guess it’ll still count as a speedrun if I’m fast enough... I’m not doing the achievements again, though. :noel:
I don't think there's a category that relates to achievements, so your slowrun might be worth submitting after all! I guess we'll see. :noel:
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

I'm almost done with my Casual 4:3 playthrough... and so I think it's a good time to share my opinion on this aspect ratio for this game since I'm probably the only person on Earth who played it this way! :hap:

So... does it really work? Yes, it does! It's a bit weird at times (like one of the last bosses that's barely visible on the screen unless you get very close to it), but it works well for the most part!
It's the bosses from the original game that work the best in this mode as the new borders in 16:9 don't need to be displayed.

As for the levels, however, it's really not that good.. The reduced visibility really doesn't go well in this game, especially when everything you would see on the edges of the screen in 16:9 aspect ratio will be loaded regardless, and so many parts will be harder (especially if you pick the classic camera) and a few things are almost impossible to see (like a Token in one of the Bzzit levels that's extremely hard to find with the narrower screen).
Definitely not unplayable, but 16:9 is just way more fun! :mrgreen:

Good mode if you really want a nostalgic experience closer to the original game, but not a good one if you want to enjoy Redemption in its full glory!
Hunchman801 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:12 pm
Rayman Saturn wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:34 pm Joke aside, I guess it’ll still count as a speedrun if I’m fast enough... I’m not doing the achievements again, though. :noel:
I don't think there's a category that relates to achievements, so your slowrun might be worth submitting after all! I guess we'll see. :noel:
I think it's going to be about nine or ten hours long in total (if I don't spend four more hours on True Boss Rush :hap:), so I doubt it would really fit into any category. :noelnoir:

The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I wonder, have you gotten all the achievements? I unfortunately could not do it without a certain something to help me....maybe I should the game another go sometime.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

I got them all (twice), but it was in the previous playthrough (I'm playing with all of them already unlocked for the new one) and when I first played the game without recording it. Trap Master drove me to insanity and I'm never going through this nightmare ever again. :oops2: :confus:

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Trap Master, that’s the Dark Legacy one right
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Indeed. Having to beat *this* level without taking any damage is just pure cruelty! Mr Stone's Peaks was already hard enough, but that's on a whole other level!
Really love that game, but eff that challenge. :hap:

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

I was able to get through stone’s peaks without any codes, but Dark Legacy....no no no. Kudos to you for getting through without using the invincibility code!
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

I understand you did it that way, I was really tempted to cheat honestly! But the hardcore Rayman 1 fan in me felt the need to do it legit! :hap:
Thanks! The funny thing is that I technically "took damage" in my recording of it as I fell into the rising water, but for some reason the game doesn't count drowning as damage!... Well, I much prefer it that way, took me way too many hours! :oops2:

EDIT: Just dropping by to share a useful video here! After my articles dedicated to secrets and unlockables (which have been updated to improve some stuff and add info), I’ve decided to go even further by making a video showcasing ALL cheats codes and easter eggs! All in one! :mryellow:

Oh... and I’ve also added a tiny "spooky extra" of my own at the end! :hinhinhin:

As for my 4:3 Casual playthrough, it’s technically finished, but I still have to upload the bonus part dedicated to unused recordings (mostly the failed attempts in True Boss Rush... again... :sad:). So yeah, I’ll talk about it again and give my final "review" when it is done.

dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40813

Post by dr_st »

So, as I said in the other thread, I've started playing Rayman Redemption last week, and I find it really great. So far have gotten all the way to toon totem 2 (end of Blue Mountains) and beat the first 9 bonus levels.

Playing on Classic, it's noticeably easier than Rayman 1, both because of mechanics (infinite helicopter, better control with less inertia, lower recoil when hit) and design decisions (extra lives replenish on every playthrough, don't have to play level through to make collectibles count, primary powers available from the start, base health increasing every certain number oc cages).

The extra things (objects, enemies) that were not present in Rayman 1 / Designer are absolutely adorable and fit in quite well. The bonus levels are a good challenge.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

It's easier than Rayman 1 now, but wait till you get to Candy Château and beyond :bad:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Oh yeah, I certainly remember that daunting level with the deadly pools of lemonade. :oops2:
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40813

Post by dr_st »

PluMGMK wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:31 pm It's easier than Rayman 1 now, but wait till you get to Candy Château and beyond :bad:
There was a definitely difficulty jump at "Art Block" (the extra level in Picture City). I've lost like 15 lives during the first playthrough, and I'm still missing one cage. After starting Caves of Skops I will know if it's a spike or permanent.
Felix1995
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by Felix1995 »

Hello,where i can download Rayman Redemption 1.0.0?