HELP! problem with trying to install better rayman 3 HD

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
humus.tov
Lums
Tings: 30

HELP! problem with trying to install better rayman 3 HD

Post by humus.tov »

so I have the game on Hebrew.
I followed the installing instructions in this forum, and I switched the files at the Gamedatabin folder as it is soupouse to be (I used the rayman control panel as well and everything...)
when i started the game, it turned HD, BUT- the letters became gibbrish, as you can see in the picture.
is there any solution for this?
Attachments
ג'יבריש ריימן 3 HD.png
ג'יבריש ריימן 3 HD.png (1.83 MiB) Viewed 2392 times
ג'יבריש ריימן 3.png
ג'יבריש ריימן 3.png (1.79 MiB) Viewed 2392 times
Madder
Oiseau Rouge
Tings: 140

Re: HELP! problem with trying to install better rayman 3 HD

Post by Madder »

I think you eather didn't synchronized the textures in Rayman Control Panel or you've setted your screen at a wrong resolution. By the way, I've done a post with a full guide on how to set up Rayman 3 on PC with Better Rayman 3, dgVoodoo, Rayman Control Panel and a better variation of the HD texture pack made by Hakyra and TRJTA. You can check it here if you're curious, it may help you fix your problem:

https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74876

Also, right under my post there is a reply that cover your problem with the hebrew text beeing broken, with a patch that should fix it. You can find it here:

https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p1447315

Tell me if this helped.
humus.tov
Lums

Post by humus.tov »

no brother. I synchronized and set it in the right resolution...
also the guy on the reply- the link he send is just for two weird PNG files, that didn't helped
Madder
Oiseau Rouge

Post by Madder »

Yea sorry, it can't actually be a wrong resolution problem since otherwhise the menu texture will become darker at a resolution lower than 1920 x 1080 and it doesn't fix the problem anyway for what I've tested. When the HUD textures are displayed in the wrong way it's not a synchronization problem. For what I've tested, this problem is caused when you play Rayman 3 on a modern PC in 16:9 without Better Rayman 3 installed, although when this happens most of the geometry of the game maps are broken, while in your case you just have the HUD textures displayed in the wrong way. Try installing Better Rayman 3 in the folder where you've installed Rayman 3, then open the d3d8.ini file and set the option D3d8to9 to 1, save the file and see if the HUD textures are now displayed correctly.

As for the hebrew font, the link deton24 shared allows you to download the font texture that should fix the font of some languages that are broken after installing a texture pack for Rayman 3. What you need to do with those PNG is use them to replace the default font texture in the two cnt files. To do this open Rayman Control Panel, click on the arrow near the options for Rayman 3 and click on Open Archives, open the text32_1.cnt folder and then open the texts folder. Now click on the texture typoray3.gf wich is the default font texture of the game, click on it with the right button of the mouse and select Import, select the PNG texture that you've downladed and do the same process for the text32_2.cnt folder with the same exact PNG texture that you used for the text32_1.cnt folder. Once you've done this click on Save Archive, then go to the options of Rayman 3 in Rayman Control Panel and go to Utilities and click on Synchronize to synchronize the textures. The hebrew font should now be displayed correctly.

I hope to have been helpful this time. Tell me if you still have problems or compatibility issues.
humus.tov
Lums

Post by humus.tov »

Madder wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:04 pm Yea sorry, it can't actually be a wrong resolution problem since otherwhise the menu texture will become darker at a resolution lower than 1920 x 1080 and it doesn't fix the problem anyway for what I've tested. When the HUD textures are displayed in the wrong way it's not a synchronization problem. For what I've tested, this problem is caused when you play Rayman 3 on a modern PC in 16:9 without Better Rayman 3 installed, although when this happens most of the geometry of the game maps are broken, while in your case you just have the HUD textures displayed in the wrong way. Try installing Better Rayman 3 in the folder where you've installed Rayman 3, then open the d3d8.ini file and set the option D3d8to9 to 1, save the file and see if the HUD textures are now displayed correctly.

As for the hebrew font, the link deton24 shared allows you to download the font texture that should fix the font of some languages that are broken after installing a texture pack for Rayman 3. What you need to do with those PNG is use them to replace the default font texture in the two cnt files. To do this open Rayman Control Panel, click on the arrow near the options for Rayman 3 and click on Open Archives, open the text32_1.cnt folder and then open the texts folder. Now click on the texture typoray3.gf wich is the default font texture of the game, click on it with the right button of the mouse and select Import, select the PNG texture that you've downladed and do the same process for the text32_2.cnt folder with the same exact PNG texture that you used for the text32_1.cnt folder. Once you've done this click on Save Archive, then go to the options of Rayman 3 in Rayman Control Panel and go to Utilities and click on Synchronize to synchronize the textures. The hebrew font should now be displayed correctly.

I hope to have been helpful this time. Tell me if you still have problems or compatibility issues.
SO, it did helped with the HUD textures as you can see:
ג'יבריש ריימן 3 HD.png
ג'יבריש ריימן 3 HD.png (1.5 MiB) Viewed 2227 times
ג'יבריש ריימן 3 HD.png
ג'יבריש ריימן 3 HD.png (1.5 MiB) Viewed 2227 times
but the text is still gibberish. I have also noticed that every time I change the cnt files in the Gamedatabin folder, it changes from Hebrew to gibberish
Madder
Oiseau Rouge

Post by Madder »

The reason the text is gibberish is because the game is programmed to take certain points of the font texture to use it for the text of the game, like is suppose to, but since your version of the game is the hebrew version, the game is programmed differently from the european and american versions, since the font is entierly different, thus the game requires a font texture with the hebrew font, wich is positioned differently in the font texture of the european and american versions. Of course the font texture with the hebrew font is already present in the hebrew version of the game, but it may happened that when you installed the HD texture pack you overited the font texture with the hebrew font.

I've downloaded the 3 ISOs of the discs of the hebrew PC version of Rayman 3 to help you resolve this problem, since I wanted to figure out how does that version work. Unfortunally I couldn't get it to work because, even if I downloaded and mounted all 3 ISOs, it still tell me to insert the disc. I tried run the game when I inserted my disc of the PC italian version while the 3 ISOs of the hebrew version were mounted, but it just doesn't work. I don't know if I may able to run the game if I burn the ISO of the first disc on a DVD and insert it on my PC and then mount the ISOs of the other 2 discs, it may work, but I'm not able to test it right now, so I couldn't see if the hebrew version actually display the hebrew font of the font texture, but I was able to take the 2 cnt files from the ISOs of the second and third disc and swap them with the 2 cnt files of my italian version, since I couldn't even access the textures of the hebrew version trough Rayman Control Panel since the game didn't work. I've took a look at the font texture of the 2 cnt files of the hebrew version, and it's indeed different from the font texture of the european and american versions.

Here are the font textures for comparasion:
typoray3.png
typoray3.png (19.05 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
This is the font texture of the european and american versions.
typoray3.png
typoray3.png (18.92 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
This is the font texture of the hebrew version.

As you can see, the hebrew font in the font texture of the hebrew texture is positioned right in the point where the "special" vocals are positioned in the font texture of the european and american versions, wich are used in various european languages. If you pay attention to the gibberish text that you have in your version, you'll notice that the game is trying to display exactly those points of the font texture. The reason it appears in gibberish is beacuse the hebrew font is positioned differently in the same part of the same texture, so the hebrew version of the game is programmed to display the text using larger portions of those points of the texture, since the hebrew font have larger spaces than the "special" vocals of the european and american versions, thus the text appears in gibberish.

Now, if you've overrited the font texture with the hebrew font of your hebrew version and you don't have a backup, you can simply take it from this post, just click with the right mouse button on the font texture with the hebrew font and click save image with name (or drag it directly into your desktop), open Rayman Control Panel, click the arrow near the options of Rayman 3, click on Open Archives, open the text32_1.cnt folder and then open the texts folder. Now click on the texture typoray3.gf wich is the default font texture of the game, click on it with the right button of the mouse and select Import, select the PNG texture that you've downladed and do the same process for the text32_2.cnt folder with the same exact PNG texture that you used for the text32_1.cnt folder. Once you've done this click on Save Archive, then go to the options of Rayman 3 in Rayman Control Panel and go to Utilities and click on Synchronize to synchronize the textures. The hebrew font should now be displayed correctly... for real this time (and yes, I've copied this last part from my previus post, since the process is exactly the same).

Let me know if you've finally manage to fix your problem because I really went out of my way to help you fix your problem.
Last edited by Madder on Mon May 22, 2023 12:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40813

Post by dr_st »

Rayman 3 uses SafeDisc, which is not compatible with Win10. Furthermore, the CD images may not have been ripped with SafeDisc-awareness in mind, so they would not work even on an OS version which does support SafeDisc.

Fortunately, the no-CD EXE from the international version will run the Hebrew version just fine. However, I hope that humus.tov can figure it out by himself using your instructions...
Madder
Oiseau Rouge

Post by Madder »

dr_st wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:09 pm Fortunately, the no-CD EXE from the international version will run the Hebrew version just fine.
By no-CD EXE from the international version you mean the Rayman3.exe from the Ubisoft Store or GOG version? Because I tried to take that exe and switch it with the one on the ISO of the first disc of the hebrew version, and it doesn't work, it just keep saying to insert the disc.
humus.tov
Lums

Post by humus.tov »

IT WORKED! perfectly
thank you guys so much.
by the way, to run the game I'm just using a crack... came with the folder I of the downloaded game
Attachments
ג'יבריש ריימן 3 HD זה כבר לא ג'יבריש זה עובדדדדד.png
ג'יבריש ריימן 3 HD זה כבר לא ג'יבריש זה עובדדדדד.png (1.53 MiB) Viewed 2104 times
dr_st
Eig

Post by dr_st »

יפה מאוד!
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Do Hebrew sentences always render with the exclamation mark at the right, or is it related to RaymanPC's configuration? :?
dr_st
Eig

Post by dr_st »

PluMGMK wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:42 pm Do Hebrew sentences always render with the exclamation mark at the right, or is it related to RaymanPC's configuration? :?
Configuration apparently. Even when I manually switch the editor mode to right-to-left (Ctrl+RightShift), the end result (after posting) renders left-to-right.
Madder wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:16 pm By no-CD EXE from the international version you mean the Rayman3.exe from the Ubisoft Store or GOG version?
I meant one of the no-CD executables from GameCopyWorld. The GOG version may be equivalent - I haven't checked.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

dr_st wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:03 pm
PluMGMK wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:42 pm Do Hebrew sentences always render with the exclamation mark at the right, or is it related to RaymanPC's configuration? :?
Configuration apparently. Even when I manually switch the editor mode to right-to-left (Ctrl+RightShift), the end result (after posting) renders left-to-right.
I see. Well, I guess it's not that annoying for the occasional sentence… :oops2:

And of course, now I have to post this:
:hap:
Madder
Oiseau Rouge

Post by Madder »

humus.tov wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:45 pm thank you guys so much.
Ok, I don't wanna sound conceited, but I'm the only one who helped you fix your problem, first telling you how to fix the HUD and then how to fix the hebrew text, explaining in the very deteils how those problems were caused and what exactly do to fix them.

Anyway, I'm happy that you finally manage to fix your problem thanks to my instructions. By the way, if you take a close look to the hebrew font texture you'll notice that it has way more artefacts than the font texture of the european and american version; those artefacts cover mostly icons and symbols wich appear mostly on the menu, and it's no good to look at them ruined when they shouldn't even be ruined in the first place, so that's why I decided to take the hebrew font of the font texture of the hebrew version and combine it with the font texture of the european and american version, making it look like is suppose to:
typoray3.png
typoray3.png (22.52 KiB) Viewed 2024 times
I highly recommend you to use this font texture instead of the default hebrew font texture if you want the best experience. Consider it like a special gift from me.

I also think deton24 should add this font texture to his font textures patch, since it would be needed. When I made Better Rayman 3 HD I didn't consider that it would have overrited the font textures of the other versions of the game wich use different font textures than the one of the european and american version, so I didn't understand what he ment by "fonts in some languages (like Polish, Slovak or Hebrew) can be broken after installing this mod.", but now I know, so it's good that there is a patch avaible for this kind of problem. The polish and slovak font textures are already avaible trough his link, but the hebrew font is missing, so he should add this font texture that I fixed to that link as well. There are probably some other versions of the game with different font textures, like russian and korean, that may have the same problem. I haven't check them so I don't know for sure, but they probably use different font textures too, so in that case someone should rip the font textures of those versions and give them to deton24 wich would then add to his font textures patch.
Hakyra
Podocroc
Tings: 296

Post by Hakyra »

Apologies everyone, i didn't have the Hebrew version at hand so i didn't add it to the Mega folder.

I'll add Russian and Czech when I'm able to, i will need to download the entire .iso tho, hopefully by tomorrow the folder will be complete.
-Hakyra
humus.tov
Lums

Post by humus.tov »

Madder wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:00 am
humus.tov wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:45 pm thank you guys so much.
Ok, I don't wanna sound conceited, but I'm the only one who helped you fix your problem, first telling you how to fix the HUD and then how to fix the hebrew text, explaining in the very deteils how those problems were caused and what exactly do to fix them.
Thank you Madder very very much. I admire your dedicated work and grateful for your willing to help
Madder
Oiseau Rouge

Post by Madder »

humus.tov wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:45 pmThank you Madder very very much. I admire your dedicated work and grateful for your willing to help
I should be the one to thank you for gave me the opportunity to be helpful despite not having the talent of some members of the community. I guess the talent doesn't really metter. What metter is the will to help the community with your knoledge and interest, and you really helped me prove that to myself, so thank you.

Hakyra wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:27 pm Apologies everyone, i didn't have the Hebrew version at hand so i didn't add it to the Mega folder.

I'll add Russian and Czech when I'm able to, i will need to download the entire .iso tho, hopefully by tomorrow the folder will be complete.
Don't worry Hakyra, the important thing is that we have now aknoledged the problem and we are working to fix it. The hebrew font texture it's done so we have to do the same for the other versions of the game with different font textures before someone that has one of those versions run into this problem as well, if that didn't happen already.

By the way, in case the font textures of the other versions of Rayman 3 have artefacts like it was in the font texture of the hebrew version I could do what I did with that font texture and fix them, so that you can add them to your Mega folder and have those font textures ready to be used if someone has a version of Rayman 3 with different font textures and then install a texture pack that overrides those font textures with the one on of the texture pack, wich is usually the font texture of the european and american version.

The deton24 reply under my Better Rayman 3 HD post should be enough to alert people about this problem, so I don't think I will mention this problem in my post, since I already included all the other patches and things to do to configure Rayman 3 on PC. The Mega folder just needs to be updated with the font textures of the other versions of Rayman 3, then the problem will be solved.