Making the widescreen patch for this version of Tonic Trouble wasn't too hard as I had already figured out all the hard stuff when doing the widescreen patch for Tonic Trouble (Retail.) Turns out this version works the exact same way as retail, who would've thought!
Tonic Trouble Special Edition Widescreen Gameplay
Somethings to be aware of:
- You will need a hex editor for this. I recommend using HxD.
- As of right now ultrawide aspect ratios, (21:9, 25:16, 32:9, etc.) are not supported due to the game completely ignoring ultrawide resolutions.
Code: Select all
[TONICT] DDDriver=0 D3DDevice=2 Buffering=2 ScreenSize=640x480 ParticuleRate=High TexturesMem=Vram+
Save your changes and open HxD. Type Ctrl + O and navigate to your game folder and go to GameData\world\levels and open fix.sna (unlike Tonic Trouble (Retail) fix.sna isn't encoded so no need to decode it!.) Then, type Ctrl + G and go to offset 132EEA. Type Ctrl + R and go to the Floating point number tab, put 1.5 in the first box and in the second box:
- 1.786 for 16:9
- 1.68203222751617 for 16:10
- 1.72249913215637 for 15:9
- Setting your Scaling mode in dgVoodoo to Stretched, keep Aspect Ratio.
- Setting your resolution in the DirectX tab of dgVoodoo to Max.
- If your game crashes it means you made a mistake modifying fix.sna and you need to try again.