A Screenshot Memory of RaymanPC's Past! Early 2007 Theme

For all things related to Pirate-Community and its websites.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 453317

A Screenshot Memory of RaymanPC's Past! Early 2007 Theme

Post by Hoodcom »

After speaking with Hunchman801, the very idea of showing RaymanPC members what RaymanPC once looked like, with the original theme used since the creation of RaymanPC (as far as I know) to early/mid 2007! This way we can give members nostalgia or even history of what they never seen before!

After digging through my old harddrive with screenshots, and some help of the waybackmachine, I've gotten complete top to bottom view of the Portal and Forum Index page.

Portal:

Forum Index:

I hope you guys enjoyed this little blast from the past! :wink:

---Update---

Wayback Machine of RaymanPC Portal 1.1: http://web.archive.org/web/200312122350 ... existe.fr/

Quote of Hunchman801 regarding this:
Hunchman801 wrote:The last link is the version 1.1 of the portal, most likely the oldest one you'll find since the 1.0 is probably lost forever. As concerns the original template for the forum, it was just subSilver for phpBB2 with the iconic fist icons.
Attachments
oldraymanpcportal-fixed.jpg
oldraymanpc.jpg
Pirate-Community_Index_-_2018-03-30_09.40.34.png
Last edited by PluMGMK on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
neo
Musicien
Tings: 67444

Re: A Screenshot Memory of RaymanPC's Past! Early 2007 Theme

Post by neo »

Ah the nostalgia :cry:
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Oh wow, I've naturally never seen this before. :)

But I still prefer the current design of the forum, I think it is more suitable, original and appelative. :D
Serza5
Mr Dark
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 »

I wish you'd kept the fist icons for the forums.

But other than that I Agree with Haruka.
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

Ah yeah this was like that when I joined I think though I didn't use it much until the wiki was founded.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

"Rayman Pirate Community, the greatest Rayman community."
So true. :proud:

I like that, judging by the different images of the Rayman next to the 'who's online' thing, there once was a dancing Rayman announcing everyone's presence to the rest of the forum.

Not sure if I like the old design though - that planet reminds me more of Mars and therefore our own world rather than Rayman's universe. The stars are a teensy bit of a distraction, in my opinion, but not too much. The current look is clean, stylish and unlike any other forum I've seen (though it has some basic similarities of course).

Thanks for sharing this!
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge

Post by Hoodcom »

I personally do miss the old theme, but I've been around it for years. Great nostalgia for me, and I'm glad I could share this with you guys. :wink:

RaymanPC has came a long way, and the current theme and portal both have had quite an improvement. :mrgreen:
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Interesting. There are some things I like from the old design, like the stars. I think it would be nice if this forum had a very slightly transparent background, and in the darker spaces it would be slightly more transparent. Not quite sure, I just think this site could at least use a texture or something for the background, even if it's basically the same colour.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

Just took a look at Raytunes by accident and noticed it has a striking similarity to the old theme. If you want to feel nostalgic again, you could just go there! :D
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Shrooblord wrote:Just took a look at Raytunes by accident and noticed it has a striking similarity to the old theme. If you want to feel nostalgic again, you could just go there! :D
The old raytunes design was practically identical!
Interestingly enough, it seems that my suspicions were correct, I did stumble across the community before in 2005, but since I was young at the time, I had no clue as to what it was.
Last edited by Master on Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Master4lyf1 wrote:
Shrooblord wrote:Just took a look at Raytunes by accident and noticed it has a striking similarity to the old theme. If you want to feel nostalgic again, you could just go there! :D
The old raytunes design was practically identical!
Interestingly enough, it seems that my suspicions were correct, I did stumble across the community before 2005, but since I was young at the time, I had no clue as to what it was.
Same here, in 2005, which is where I first heard of RTAS.
Matyuv
Gangsta Globox
Tings: 54431

Post by Matyuv »

Oh wow, the forum index screenshot even features the failed Dutch section. Cool stuff.
MandM81 wrote:YYYYYYYRRRHLHLPYYYYYYPDPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYRRRRRR
Hoodcom
Mr Dark

Post by Hoodcom »

Matyuv wrote:Oh wow, the forum index screenshot even features the failed Dutch section. Cool stuff.
Funny enough, I completely forgot RaymanPC even had a Dutch section until I pulled up the screenshots. Lol
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

I heard it being mentioned once around here. And now we have a whole topic to ourselves!
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Matyuv wrote:Oh wow, the forum index screenshot even features the failed Dutch section. Cool stuff.
I also remember in 2009 when the Italian forums were up for about two weeks, which seemed even more pointless.
Hoodcom
Mr Dark

Post by Hoodcom »

RayFan9876 wrote:
I also remember in 2009 when the Italian forums were up for about two weeks, which seemed even more pointless.
I faintly remember something about Italian forums, were they as inactive as the Dutch forums, I wonder?
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Hoodcom wrote:
RayFan9876 wrote:
I faintly remember something about Italian forums, were they as inactive as the Dutch forums, I wonder?
They had roughly 1/4 the activity of the Dutch forums. :tssk:
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

I actually really liked the old theme, that's why RayTunes looks so much like it. The template's name was Solaris, wasn't it? :)
There was one change that annoyed me a bit: the ranks being on the right instead of on the left. But I guess I'm kind of used to that now. ^^

I also quite liked the days with Matyuv and th3()ne spreading useless but silly facts like I had "castré un Rayman". :P
And then with the pr0oO group. Hmm, I wonder where their subforum and all the other Off-Topic subforums went...
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

The Pr0oO group is lame now; the volcano doesn't even care.
Hoodcom
Mr Dark

Post by Hoodcom »

Drolpiraat wrote:I actually really liked the old theme, that's why RayTunes looks so much like it. The template's name was Solaris, wasn't it? :)
There was one change that annoyed me a bit: the ranks being on the right instead of on the left. But I guess I'm kind of used to that now. ^^

I also quite liked the days with Matyuv and th3()ne spreading useless but silly facts like I had "castré un Rayman". :P
And then with the pr0oO group. Hmm, I wonder where their subforum and all the other Off-Topic subforums went...
Yeah, it was Solaris. I really liked it too. :)

Those two always knew how to be hilarious, but I can't help but wonder... where the heck is th3()ne these days? Did he fall off the face of the planet or something?

*EDIT*

By the way, I fixed the re-size issue on the Portal screenshot. :)