Rayman 2 x64 Patcher

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Snagglebee
Pti-lote
Tings: 2750

Re: Rayman 2 x64 Patcher

Post by Snagglebee »

OldClassicGamer wrote:emshomar should create thread where we can request him to patch some game we have issues playing ;)
When he has free time of course.
Oh god no. Image
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

emshomar, you should tell your secret. :P

In all seriousness, I am trying to see if there's a way to detour the 16-bit installer problem by decompiling the setup instructions and transform it to a 32-bit installer or something similar to this, because there are four games with that kind of setup that I want to install (and it isn't only more thanks to your two patches and to other game that got fan-tweaked so it isn't even required to install) but I do have still plenty of other software of the same kind stored in my jewel cases.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

I remember searching a lot about that. I never find solution. Everyone just said use Virtual PC. Virtual PC? I don't think so. Why would I use that knowing that installer is only issue and that game would technically work on my PC if it was 32bit? Also this brings me to another problem. Protection drivers. Pac-Man World 2 has issue running because game was never cracked properly and StarForce drivers are not supported on Win 7.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

The virtualization only solves the installer thing, but you can't run the game so it leads back to zero situation. The installer eventually adds stuff to the registry of your operating system and without thist your game won't work even if you actually own the game files stored in the hard drive. I am really struggling to find for a solution, this is so stupid. :(
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Actually, you can run the games in virtualization but it requires really good PC or else it wont work or it will be too slow. I done it myself once but Pac-Man World 2 worked horrible so I gave up.
Registry is big issue I agree. I remember trying some old Star Wars games few years ago and it did not work when I copied files from 32bit PC with installed game. However for some reason it worked with Mega Man X4.
There is no real reason why 64bit should not be able to run 16 bit installers except for Microsoft not wanting it. Same how Wii U can run GameCube games in theory but firmware code blocked them because GameCube games are no longer in production so Nintendo has no use of it. Hacked Wii U can play GameCube games from disc.

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Snagglebee
Pti-lote

Post by Snagglebee »

Haruka wrote:emshomar, you should tell your secret. :P
What secret are you intending? :mefiant: I just have no time anything for first I fucked up my PS2, it won't read any DVDs anymore and then there are more reasons that better stay private.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

emshomar wrote:
Haruka wrote:emshomar, you should tell your secret. :P
What secret are you intending? :mefiant: I just have no time anything for first I fucked up my PS2, it won't read any DVDs anymore and then there are more reasons that better stay private.
You know what secret :hehe:
How to make installers of 16bit games and apps work on 64 bit. Come one dude, share the knowledge with us. We need it. Is it that complicated so you have no time to explain us. Don't you want to make us happy?

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Snagglebee
Pti-lote

Post by Snagglebee »

Oh that kind of secret... well Rayman 2 itself isn't a 16bit application. It just had faulty source code that uses 16bit addresses for DRM and etc that caused unlaunchability. So I just replaced it. And Rayman M originally works on Windows 7 64bit, the installer is just faulty. That's also why I named it Rayman M x64 Installer and not Patcher.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

I did not asked how to run 16-bit games on Windows 7 64-bit. I asked how can I replace and create my own installers of games that could work on Windows 7 but can't be played because installer is in 16-bit. Not game itself.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Snagglebee
Pti-lote

Post by Snagglebee »

I do it first by ripping all neccassairy games files from the installers. Since it's just 16 bit I doubt it that they are all compressed into one file so ripping them shouldn't be that hard. But if the installer writes into the registry and generate configuration files like in Rayman then it's time to emulate an 32/16-bit environment either by VirtualPC or VMWare. If there are information written into the registry, I'll need to filter the registry to the newest keys and export them out. Now after gathered all registry keys, configuration files and game files I can start creating the installation program. I use Install Creator Pro by Clickteam because it's simple and pretty advanced. (Just the price made me headache).

P.S: @Haruka if you need a remake of Captain Claw with update 1.3 I made it already for myself. I can upload it you later if you want and when I have access to my PC.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Fortunately Claw isn't the issue (I have a workable game thanks to a fan-tweaked pack created many years ago), but today I asked help to PP to try to make Croc work and he gave me some instructions (the only bad thing is I can't select a different directory). Now the only game that I can't make it work is Worms 2, again because of the 16-bit installer.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Worms 2 work for me :D
I have Sold-Out edition. If I can help somehow I gladly will.
Last edited by OCG on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

I also have got the very same edition, but I can't run the installer.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Put the disc inside, open it with My Computer, see the files, and click on SETUP.EXE.
Do not launch Setup.now.exe
It worked for me.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Snagglebee
Pti-lote

Post by Snagglebee »

OldClassicGamer wrote:Put the disc inside, open it with My Computer, see the files, and click on SETUP.EXE.
It would surprise me if this was all you needed to do Haruka. :|
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

emshomar wrote:
OldClassicGamer wrote:Put the disc inside, open it with My Computer, see the files, and click on SETUP.EXE.
It would surprise me if this was all you needed to do Haruka. :|
Then you'll be happy because it never worked.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

emshomar, since you know computers better then me can you confirm me something I heared?
I heared Windows 7 Ultimate has better compatiblity with older games then Windows 7 Professional. Is that true?

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Snagglebee
Pti-lote

Post by Snagglebee »

Acording to this site, there's not such a deal with backwards compatibility between home premium, professional and ultimate. The only difference is that the XP Mode is included in Windows 7 Ultimate and I guess also in Professional.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Hm, ok then. For some reason, I thought Ultimate was much better then Professional. I guess I was wrong and that differance is very little.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Snagglebee
Pti-lote

Post by Snagglebee »

Exactly that's why people prefer Professional more then Ultimate (except for those who pirate everything)