Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Post by PluMGMK »

Goddammit, I want that text tool! :x
It would be really great to translate this game that I love into Irish…
MixerX
Moine
Tings: 550

Post by MixerX »

Hey guys,
when I released these tools, there wasn't much of interested in them, so after a while I didn't come back here to check anything. I didn't get any FB messages or e-mails, well, until now from RibShark. So, what's going on? What's the big progess? What's needed from me? Give me links to some other topics if there's anything going on. I'll be glad to help.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

We were wondering if you'd be willing to share the source code for your tools, if it's not too much hassle.
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

Thanks for coming back to help with our modding efforts!
The Rayman modding scene has increased with a few users (including myself) interested in the games formats. What would help is if you could describe in detail the formats (such as .cnt or the .gf) and possibly release the source code to your programs (as long as you don't mind). Your tools also seem to fail on the Rayman 3 PC Beta unless one byte in the .cnt is changed to 00, and even then only some of the .gf files can be converted successfully (some produce corrupted .tgas).
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Post by GOT4N »

MixerX wrote:Hey guys,
when I released these tools, there wasn't much of interested in them, so after a while I didn't come back here to check anything. I didn't get any FB messages or e-mails, well, until now from RibShark. So, what's going on? What's the big progess? What's needed from me? Give me links to some other topics if there's anything going on. I'll be glad to help.
I sent you a pm dude. Can you get on IRC with me and RibShark? It'll be easier to explain.
irc.esper.net, channel #RayHacks
MixerX
Moine

Post by MixerX »

RibShark wrote:What would help is if you could describe in detail the formats (such as .cnt or the .gf)
Did that already to some other forum member. I'll try to dig up what I've written down.
RibShark wrote:possibly release the source code to your programs (as long as you don't mind).
Not that I'd mind, but they would be probably useless to you. I didn't think of releasing source code when I was writing it, so variable names, comments, etc are not in English.
RibShark wrote:Your tools also seem to fail on the Rayman 3 PC Beta unless one byte in the .cnt is changed to 00
Aborting routine execution at this point probably wasn't a good idea. At that time I didn't know the engine changes that byte in every single build that uses this archive. That's easy to fix though.
RibShark wrote:and even then only some of the .gf files can be converted successfully (some produce corrupted .tgas).
Actually they don't produce anything I guess. Decompression fails in certain files and since nobody seemed to mind until now, I didn't check why :)

Ok, let's meet on IRC then. Just say when.
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

MixerX wrote:
RibShark wrote:What would help is if you could describe in detail the formats (such as .cnt or the .gf)
Did that already to some other forum member. I'll try to dig up what I've written down.
RibShark wrote:possibly release the source code to your programs (as long as you don't mind).
Not that I'd mind, but they would be probably useless to you. I didn't think of releasing source code when I was writing it, so variable names, comments, etc are not in English.
RibShark wrote:Your tools also seem to fail on the Rayman 3 PC Beta unless one byte in the .cnt is changed to 00
Aborting routine execution at this point probably wasn't a good idea. At that time I didn't know the engine changes that byte in every single build that uses this archive. That's easy to fix though.
RibShark wrote:and even then only some of the .gf files can be converted successfully (some produce corrupted .tgas).
Actually they don't produce anything I guess. Decompression fails in certain files and since nobody seemed to mind until now, I didn't check why :)

Ok, let's meet on IRC then. Just say when.
When you want dude. irc.esper.net, channel #RayHacks
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I don't know, I think that a release, even not in English, could be useful to the rest of the community.
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

PluMGMK wrote:I don't know, I think that a release, even not in English, could be useful to the rest of the community.
Got it in private, I admit it's cool, I just think a GUI would be easier, it converts to text the file, but you can't exceed the size, else it'll go offscreen, you have to make yourself a limit :p
But else it's pretty cool :p
I'll make a vid later
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

Just for you guys :D
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Huh, I still you're still using our DarkRay skin too. Nice one, MixerX and Wesh.
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

Probably yeah, btw, here how it looks like (for translating):
http://i.imgur.com/NGKGiEm.png
btw, Mixer told me that game had a very strong text protection. :p

(Thanks Master btw)
MixerX
Moine

Post by MixerX »

Hey,
I decided to release the text tool for everyone. It has a simple readme file with explanation how to use it. There are some limitations like it was said, but I couldn't figure out format of whole file. Rayman 2 text is located in 'Fix.sna' (Rayman 2\Data\World\Levels\Fix.sna).

Code: Select all

http://www.lokalizacie.sk/editory/2-rayman-text-tool/
Have fun.
Last edited by MixerX on Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

You have many thanks from me, MixerX. I'm really grateful that you decided to share your tools with the community.
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

Master wrote:You have many thanks from me, MixerX. I'm really grateful that you decided to share your tools with the community.
Happy too :D
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Thank you very much! :D
Fix.sna, I was wondering what that huge file was for.
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

PluMGMK wrote:Thank you very much! :D
Fix.sna, I was wondering what that huge file was for.
Just to know, it'll be hell to put it in Irish, as you need to manage space of text, like you have to test every time to see if it's fitting right.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Ah, okay. :P I'll try to make what I write as snappy as possible though.
Harpic fraîcheur
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

MixerX wrote:Hey,
I decided to release the text tool for everyone. It has a simple readme file with explanation how to use it. There are some limitations like it was said, but I couldn't figure out format of whole file. Rayman 2 text is located in 'Fix.sna' (Rayman 2\Data\World\Levels\Fix.sna).

Code: Select all

http://www.lokalizacie.sk/files/apps/RaymanTextTool.zip
Have fun.
Thanks,you'r application it's perfect ! :)
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! :D
Image Image