Cartoon Shows

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 5782

Re: Cartoon Shows

Post by saerleiya »

I prefer Samurai Jack anyway :P
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.
beebo44
Olympia
Tings: 31100

Post by beebo44 »

Oooh Samurai Jack! I used to love that show!
Master wrote:Either ways, I've been enjoying LOK, though I can't help but feel it's being too nimble, the Bei Fong feud only really featured in two eps, and is now seemingly resolved.
I personally think the whole thing was pretty well executed. Granted, after she goes to the acupuncture place it speeds up a bit but I just think they were nervous about the whole conflict overstaying it's welcome. Still, nice to finally learn something about Bei Fong. You know, besides the fact that she's a total badass.
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:(…)it ;).
Here's the real doldrum, you put your emoticon before your period. Wtf?
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini

Post by saerleiya »

The problem with the LOK series is that the seasons are way shorter than the ones from TLA: comparing a 13 episodes-long season to a 23 episodes-long is kinda hard, so issues are solved faster in the new seasons, and maybe too much. We are already at the middle of it, and in my mind I'm telling myself "wait, already the middle of the season? We haven't seen a lot of stuff!".

At least, what we can say about the LOK characters is that they have a very interesting story. I like Bei Fong a lot too, but I guess I was a bit influenced by Serza. She discovered the character with a gif featuring a black-and-white Bei Fong with an Aperture logo on her chest, showing she was as cold-hearted as GLaDOS (it was at the beginning of season 1 though...).
Adsolution wrote:
Dart
Clark
Tings: 49845

Post by Dart »

Despite each season only being 13 episodes, I still think that the quality is pretty high.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Let's play one game. One must try to find longest possible cartoon opening (how it was broadcasted on TV, not extendd format). Don't submit long Anime openings, this is only for cartoons. This is longest intro for cartoon I know:

Almost 2 minutes, that is long for TV opening for cartoon standard. Can you find longer openings guys?
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
beebo44
Olympia

Post by beebo44 »

Oh cool you found one of our old shows! :D

Heh, beaten by another Aussie TV show OCG! Good ol' Blinky Bill! Loved Blinky Bill as a little kid.

Adsolution wrote:
El Dango
Aline Louïa
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango »

saerleiya wrote:The problem with the LOK series is that the seasons are way shorter than the ones from TLA: comparing a 13 episodes-long season to a 23 episodes-long is kinda hard, so issues are solved faster in the new seasons, and maybe too much. We are already at the middle of it, and in my mind I'm telling myself "wait, already the middle of the season? We haven't seen a lot of stuff!".
Another problem is that it lacks an end goal. With Aang, it was "master all four elements and defeat the bad guy", which gave everything a sense of scale and importance. Meanwhile, every season in Korra is a new story, with a new villain and a new goal. That doesn't really work well with this type of show. The seasons being much shorter, like you mentioned, really doesn't help.

Maybe if this season's villains had been built up from the start, and if bringing back the air benders had always been the goal, we would've had a more fun and interesting show.
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Whoo! Gravity Falls Season Two is less than a week away!
beebo44
Olympia

Post by beebo44 »

I'm getting extremely excited and hyped for something that probably won't happen, but I can't help it. Warner Bros recently announced two things: 1) A Blu-Ray version of Season 1 of Young Justice and soon afterwards, 2) That they would have a surprise for fans "Young" and old at the end of their SDCC panel. If they announce Young Justice season 3 I will flip my shit.
Adsolution wrote:
Dart
Clark

Post by Dart »

Been watcing gravity falls recently, not entirely sure how I feel about it yet, but it leans toward positive.
Bradandez wrote:Whoo! Gravity Falls Season Two is less than a week away!
is that so? I wonder how much I need to catch up on then.
Edit: just saw Irrational treasure, the episode about the 8 1/2 president, and that's got to be one of the best episodes of a tv show that I've seen in a long time!
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

Yes! Finally I can talk to about Gravity Falls! The episodes keep getting better after the next. My favorite has to be Dreamscapers, mostly because of the main antagonist that appears in the episode. Gravity Falls is an awesome show with no bad episodes (well to me). Definitely watch all of the episodes.
DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Ermite
Tings: 1772

Post by DandyGuy »

Bradandez wrote:Yes! Finally I can talk to about Gravity Falls! The episodes keep getting better after the next. My favorite has to be Dreamscapers, mostly because of the main antagonist that appears in the episode. Gravity Falls is an awesome show with no bad episodes (well to me). Definitely watch all of the episodes.
My favorite character is waddles.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

Nice choice, mon amie. If I had to choose, it has to be Dipper.
DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Ermite

Post by DandyGuy »

Dip Dip? He reminds me of a really smart Billy. (From the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.) And I still cant tell if Mabel is really dumb or smart? She reminds me of Pinkie Pie.
Dart
Clark

Post by Dart »

Surprisingly, my favorite character is Grunkle Stan, because of when he does stuff like this:
aaaaand this:
Edit: a this point I have 4 more episodes to watch of season 1, and is in my top 5 modern cartoons with Adventure Time and Korra!
another edit: finished season 1, and Stan creeps me out at the end of it.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

@Dandy: No, Mabel is not dumb. Even Alex wrote that as a writing rule, haha.

@dart: Grunkle Stan is quite the character. Even if he is creepy.
beebo44
Olympia

Post by beebo44 »

Well apparently I was kind of sort of not really right about Young Justice returning. It's getting a crossover episode with Teen Titans Go. You know, that show that replaced Young Justice and is infinitely worse? Well on the bright side this means that Cartoon Network haven't completely forgotten about YJ and we may yet get a third season.
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini

Post by saerleiya »

Bradandez wrote:@dart: Grunkle Stan is quite the character. Even if he is creepy.
Old characters who are kinda weirdos always work in a cartoon. Look at Bumi in LOK. Tenzin is not as fun as he is, although he has his own special moments of greatness (like in Season 1, the red face, I laughed so hard at this one).
Adsolution wrote:
SegaNintendoUbisoft
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3390

Post by SegaNintendoUbisoft »

A trailer for the new SpongeBob movie came out.

I have to say, this honestly looks like a breath of fresh air.
I know my name's long, just call me S.N.U. :)
DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Ermite

Post by DandyGuy »

SegaNintendoUbisoft wrote:A trailer for the new SpongeBob movie came out.

I have to say, this honestly looks like a breath of fresh air.
0:54 why is mr.Krabs a sex slave and why is welcome to the jungle playing?