Rayman Headcanons

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
GNineify
Bégoniax
Tings: 38675

Rayman Headcanons

Post by GNineify »

One thing I noticed was that there appears to be no topic for headcanons, which usually pop up. Given that Rayman's world is a really mysterious place full of secrets, it's natural to have theories on the universe. Share and discuss here! They can also be nonsensical for the sake of humor, but mostly this is meant for the serious speculation, though don't consider any of these canon. I will only put one of mine for now. I have a huge load of more, but first I want to see what others have to offer.

1. DARK RAYMAN
Mr. Dark created DarkRay simply to chase and destroy Rayman in R1. Mr. Dark gave the creature limited consciousness and intelligence only so that he would be able to understand and perform his task. However one of DarkRay's traits turned out to be learning and feeling, which was not supposed to happen. After DarkRay failed to perform his task, Mr. Dark abandoned him.
  • -> Rayman finds DarkRay wandering alone. Rayman realizes he isn't dangerous anymore and therefore DarkRay turns to the good side in RO. First believing that DarkRay has just as much feelings as a rock, the good guys constantly jeer and make fun at him. But soon the anger inside DarkRay grows because of this and starts remembering what his main purpose to existing was.
    • -> And so, he does his main thing in RL.
      • -> If Mr. Dark returns in the future games, DarkRay would eventually reunite with him and be somewhat of a son to Mr. Dark, though given his limited intelligence, DarkRay would probably be dangerous, but really stupid and constantly bothering his "daddy" with silly questions, for example.
"uckfay isthay itshay iyay'may outyay" - ales mansay probably
YOU'VE FOUND THE ULTRA AMAZING EASTER EGG THAT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER!
TFDS
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123720

Re: Rayman Headcanons

Post by TFDS »

My theory is:
In RL,Mr.Dark created a new Dark Rayman (the one who chase you),because DarkRay went with Rayman and his friends.
They can't be the same characters,because DarkRay from R1 and RO was already confirmed as a playable character in RL,with same role as in RO.
Last edited by TFDS on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

May I repost my Andrew = Mr. Dark story?
GNineify
Bégoniax

Post by GNineify »

Sure, go ahead. I don't know if I have read that one.
YOU'VE FOUND THE ULTRA AMAZING EASTER EGG THAT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER!
Rulez
Henchman 1000

Post by Rulez »

Rulez wrote:
Rulez wrote: Isn't it obvious? Andrew is actually Mr. Dark! It all makes sense now - Andrew decided that his British accent is enough for him to become a supervillain so he became Mr. Dark but held it in secret from his cousin, the Magician. Andrew sent the letter to his cousin, knowing he doesn't know English (at least in this version of the game). He knew that the Magician wouldn't understand and would send Rayman on the quest. Mr. Dark/Andrew knew Rayman was at the time young and retarded, so he filled the world with easy questions, where the wrong ones end in death on Rayman's side. So basically, he just wanted Rayman to die, and thought up an evil, cunning plan. And after Mr. Dark died/was defeated, the Magician found out it was actually his cousin. Wanting to avenge the death of his family member, he decided to impersonate Mr. Dark (which he was also secretly hoping to do, because he found Mr. Dark a pretty cool guy).
It's supposed to say "wrong answers".
later
Rulez wrote: Andrew/Mr. Dark sent it for the sole purpose of Rayman going on a dangerous quest so he would hopefully die. Mr. Dark thought it through, though! He sent his cousin a recipe for a poison. If Rayman succeeded like he did in the game, it would kill everybody. Because let's be honest here - would you eat Scottish spider eggs ice cream?

Yeah, me neither.

It's been reposted quite a few times, and it surprisingly makes sense, but I don't ACTUALLY find it true. It all started as a joke.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Isn't this kind of topic the equivalent to the lore thread?
Raven_Guardian
Moussu
Tings: 1035

Post by Raven_Guardian »

In my HC, Rayman can regenerate like a timelord. That's why he keeps changing of design.
Rulez
Henchman 1000

Post by Rulez »

Haruka wrote:Isn't this kind of topic the equivalent to the lore thread?
I don't think so.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

Not really. That one was about analysing the content of the games and surrounding material. This one is about making stuff up.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

OK then, just to make sure that this topic didn't need a merge.
Serza5
Mr Dark
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 »

spiraldoor wrote:
Not really. That one was about analysing the content of the games and surrounding material. This one is about making stuff up.
That's the best definition of a headcanon I have ever seen.
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
Snagglebee
Pti-lote
Tings: 2750

Post by Snagglebee »

Serza5 wrote:
spiraldoor wrote:
That's the best definition of a headcanon I have ever seen.
Indeed.

Also I am a naughty boy who should contribute better in this community. I apologize.
Bionichute
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 12145

Post by Bionichute »

I'd like to think that Razoff is part of Inspector Grub's species. They have some similar qualities to them.
THEdragon
Clark
Tings: 47510

Post by THEdragon »

My headcanon is that Rayman is the adopted son of Betilla and the Magician.

...I shouldn't talk about my headcanon.
When you defeat nine antitoons with one punch!
GNineify
Bégoniax

Post by GNineify »

THEdragon wrote:My headcanon is that Rayman is the adopted son of Betilla and the Magician.

Whoa hey, I actually liked this idea back when I heard about it and even made some sketches! I mean it's just too cute when I also ship Betilla and Magician ~~
THEdragon
Clark

Post by THEdragon »

GNineify wrote:
THEdragon wrote:My headcanon is that Rayman is the adopted son of Betilla and the Magician.

Whoa hey, I actually liked this idea back when I heard about it and even made some sketches! I mean it's just too cute when I also ship Betilla and Magician ~~
Sweet! May I see the sketches? I mean, if you still have them/have uploaded them somewhere. I also sort of ship Betilla and Magician... It's the only pairing I like, actually!
MLII
Carmen
Tings: 43075

Post by MLII »

emshomar wrote:Also I am a naughty boy
oh my :0

anyway uh back on topic I don't actually have any headcanons for Rayman?? I have a few silly ones for rayTAS but those aren't particularly relevant so I'm just going to sit back and judge everyone else's o 3 o
THEdragon
Clark

Post by THEdragon »

MLII wrote: anyway uh back on topic I don't actually have any headcanons for Rayman?? I have a few silly ones for rayTAS but those aren't particularly relevant so I'm just going to sit back and judge everyone else's o 3 o
Tell us, tell usss!
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

That the Great Protoon and the Heart of the World are the same thing.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

I always believed that both objects served for the same purpose, except that one is located in the Valley, somewhere in the archipelagos, and one in the bigger landmass of the Glade. It is like a biological body having two hearts to work as vital organs.