Is FaceBook in decline?

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
rolesfamily
Uglette
Tings: 74925

Is FaceBook in decline?

Post by rolesfamily »

Now I used to use FaceBook a lot, especially when I was younger and in school. That's when it really was kickin' off and becoming BIG. Although now, as I've got older I hardly use it. I just occasionally check it just to check if somebodies messaged me. Am I the only one? I'm much more of a Twitter kinda guy now. Facebook just doesn't interest me as much. - Maybe my IRL friends are boring? :P - Either way I thought this was interested, and I'm not alone on this. Some of my friends as well share this view. Maybe it's because we're getting older?

Although is the new younger generation bringing the same activity to Facebook that we once did?

Thoughts?
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Re: Is FaceBook in decline?

Post by Master »

Meh, I've never had a Facebook, so all I can say is meh.
rolesfamily
Uglette

Post by rolesfamily »

Master wrote:Meh, I've never had a Facebook, so all I can say is meh.
Haha you're one of 'those'!

How dare you not be so mainstream!1!
Xenon
Pirate Lunette
Tings: 98896

Post by Xenon »

I don't have a Facebook anymore but my girlfriend has one, and from what I've noticed, it seems to be as popular as ever with pointless status updates but the other stuff; the games, the pictures, the links, etc, do seem to be declining. I guess that's because of new websites like Vine, Instagram and so on..
rolesfamily
Uglette

Post by rolesfamily »

Xenon wrote:I don't have a Facebook anymore but my girlfriend has one, and from what I've noticed, it seems to be as popular as ever with pointless status updates but the other stuff; the games, the pictures, the links, etc, do seem to be declining. I guess that's because of new websites like Vine, Instagram and so on..
Yeah I think it really depends on the people. I've really cleared out my facebook. Got rid of loads of people, I think that's just something that comes with getting older. You slowly move away from people you used to know who aren't really relevant in your life anymore
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

I use Facebook every day to keep in contact with my boyfriend via the chat when we're not together for the week (yep, 4 years on and still not living with each other yet) but I've actually been trying to keep myself up to date on there to keep in touch with others. I do agree that apps are becoming more and more toss and I'm always still being invited to play them. I did only play one game ever and it was Rabbids Invasion back when the title just referred to a Farmville clone rather than the TV series, but had to stop after just 2 months because errors literally locked me out of the game and then it got shut down 8 months later.

The only app I do use, and that's to make it look like I post regularly, is the PSN app that lists any trophies I get.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
rolesfamily
Uglette

Post by rolesfamily »

Cairnie wrote:I use Facebook every day to keep in contact with my boyfriend via the chat when we're not together for the week (yep, 4 years on and still not living with each other yet) but I've actually been trying to keep myself up to date on there to keep in touch with others. I do agree that apps are becoming more and more toss and I'm always still being invited to play them. I did only play one game ever and it was Rabbids Invasion back when the title just referred to a Farmville clone rather than the TV series, but had to stop after just 2 months because errors literally locked me out of the game and then it got shut down 8 months later.

The only app I do use, and that's to make it look like I post regularly, is the PSN app that lists any trophies I get.
Yeah the FaceBook chat rocks. That's one thing were Twitter fails. The DM'ing system just isn't as good.
sonicbrawler182
Barbara
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 »

I only ever used Facebook to keep in touch with a few close friends, mainly through messaging. I hardly use it anymore, though.

The site is fine, but it really depends on what you want to use it for.
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"
TheCheesyDream
Roméo Patti
Tings: 7240

Post by TheCheesyDream »

Eh, facebook was popular when I first joined.
Now the only thing that's good about it is the groups and making pages
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

This topic is three years old and Facebook is stronger than ever.

So for all the people who said that this wasn't popular were demonstrably wrong. Your usages of the website may have changed (mine certainly have) but it's still the reference for social media.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Facebook in decline? I've never believed that. What a strange discussion this was.
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

The PSN Facebook app is long gone, I no longer play FB games, I get a laugh from pages like "Angry People in Local Newspapers", and I get the same promoted posts over and over again (food and bullet journals which are pleasant things though).

Now what?
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

With the addition of the marketplace now, they've just entered a new era, singlehandedly owning Craigslist overnight. I've already gotten three things from it, including a fully-specced 15" retina 2013 MacBook Pro at basically 1/4 retail price.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I think Facebook has now become one of those companies people love to hate, even if most people still use the site :P
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Facebook (the platform) has certainly declined in usage from the younger demographics, but the company was smart enough to secure the cover of Instagram and Whatsapp. As for Twitter, I don't get the impression that it has grown much in the last 10 years.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I must agree that negative posts seem to constitute the bulk of the content posted there. It shouldn't be too hard to validate this by running a sentiment analysis tool on a representative sample of tweets.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Something tells me it won't hold up – it could be just that people remember the negative stuff more than the banal stuff!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I just opened the website the check the latest trends and it somehow managed to surprise me again with the abysmal level of the conversations taking place there. Every day I'm less and less sure that all people should have the right to express themselves. :lol:
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I don't use Facebook, haven't checked it in decades now. I only use it to connect to the games that i use lol
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L