Rayman 4 (Phoenix Studio)

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Re: Unseen64 to detail new revelations about Rayman 4!

Post by PluMGMK »

Of course, if it's his "fourth adventure", it could easily be a prequel to Origins. Nobody ever said Origins came directly after R3. :idea:
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Post by GOT4N »

Unseen64 indeed had more screen/videos about the prototype but because someone leaked his podcast this poor crybaby refused posting more LMAO
Lil_DRE
Pti-lote
Tings: 2845

Post by Lil_DRE »

It only remains to wait for Rayman 4 to come out in a possible near future, but if he himself said "His Fourth" adventure (Which leads us to say that it comes directly after the events of Rayman 3), obviously it will not be something like Rayman: Chronicles or Rayman: It shows you how much is 2 + 2.
-You probably want to know where I got that picture of Barbara :shock:
-You probably want to know what the Synthwave has to do with Barbara :confus:
-You probably want to stop reading this :fou:
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Rayman's subtitles might not be so creative, but that's pushing it a bit, isn't it?

As for this news, I'm definitely even more hopeful and optimistic for the future now. I won't get my hopes up just yet, as those are two big undertakings beforehand, and things can change. But knowing that Ancel definitely intends to bring a new title is a promising development.
Greeness
Aurora
Tings: 17030

Post by Greeness »

GOT4N wrote:Unseen64 indeed had more screen/videos about the prototype but because someone leaked his podcast this poor crybaby refused posting more LMAO
Yeah if I recall correctly Brad tried contacting him about it and he still refused to show anything, I see where he was coming from but he was way too harsh about it.
As for this news, I'm definitely more hopeful and optimistic for the future now. I won't get my hopes up just yet, as those are two big undertakings beforehand, and things can change. But knowing that Ancel definitely intends to bring a new title is a promising development.
The title "Rayman 4" could mean so many things, I just hope it'll be something that's going to live up to our expectations.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.
Lil_DRE
Pti-lote

Post by Lil_DRE »

If it is that, The game contains 2 stories, one that we control Rayman (Accompanied by Barbara, it's the only thing that fans want her) and another Raymesis (accompanied by Selena, one of the princesses of the World, La Fiesta de Los Muertos) but that they connect in a part of the game (Like boss battle for example) would really exceed my expectations (And that they change the aspect to Rayman and Barbara, but the one of Barbara if or if it has to be changed, I find horrible its appearance with the helmet, if I had a typical hair of the 80 or a ponytail, that would be a dream made Pure reality).
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Post by GOT4N »

Greeness wrote:
GOT4N wrote:Unseen64 indeed had more screen/videos about the prototype but because someone leaked his podcast this poor crybaby refused posting more LMAO
Yeah if I recall correctly Brad tried contacting him about it and he still refused to show anything, I see where he was coming from but he was way too harsh about it.
As for this news, I'm definitely more hopeful and optimistic for the future now. I won't get my hopes up just yet, as those are two big undertakings beforehand, and things can change. But knowing that Ancel definitely intends to bring a new title is a promising development.
The title "Rayman 4" could mean so many things, I just hope it'll be something that's going to live up to our expectations.
yeah that's exactly that!
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Drolpiraat wrote:Anyway, about Phoenix's Rayman 4, I think it's also the prototype I'm just the least interested in out of all unseen Rayman things in existence. The video convinced me that I don't even want to see their take on Rayman, because I don'tlike most of their ideas. They wanted to reboot the series while R3 had just come out and had been very successful, and their ideas for the reboot did not use any unique aspects from Rayman at all -- it could easily have been executed with a completely new IP. Additionally, since the focus in the story was on the player's connection with a game character, rather than on Rayman and his world, I think the game's story would have received a similar backlash as when the focus shifted to the Rabbids rather than Rayman. At least Rabbids ended up being successful.
This is one of the biggest reasons for why I am somehow relieved that this did not go forward.
Greeness
Aurora

Post by Greeness »

Haruka wrote:
Drolpiraat wrote:Anyway, about Phoenix's Rayman 4, I think it's also the prototype I'm just the least interested in out of all unseen Rayman things in existence. The video convinced me that I don't even want to see their take on Rayman, because I don'tlike most of their ideas. They wanted to reboot the series while R3 had just come out and had been very successful, and their ideas for the reboot did not use any unique aspects from Rayman at all -- it could easily have been executed with a completely new IP. Additionally, since the focus in the story was on the player's connection with a game character, rather than on Rayman and his world, I think the game's story would have received a similar backlash as when the focus shifted to the Rabbids rather than Rayman. At least Rabbids ended up being successful.
This is one of the biggest reasons for why I am somehow relieved that this did not go forward.
Don't get me wrong, I would much prefer Rayman 4 to be a continuation of the events that happened in the last couple of games rather then a shift in focus that has nothing to do with Rayman himself or his unique world, however there are still a lot of interesting concepts that were in the original project, like the return of older levels in 3d, powerups that we'll likely not see from Ancel's Rayman 4(at least not like they were implemented in R3), etc. there are still so many interesting bits of work that we know nothing about, yet we glimpse over them just because the game was supposed to be a reboot.
Last edited by Greeness on Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lil_DRE
Pti-lote

Post by Lil_DRE »

What about the Rayman Raving Rabbids prototype?
I would have preferred it to have been so, that we could explore, dress to have different abilities, ride different creatures.
I liked that idea of having to be cliche, parodying serious things and "Dramatics" (Something like Mad magazine that parodies popular culture).

The idea of Rayman joining Andre seemed good to me, but the fact that the two have to rescue their girlfriends was useless and somewhat childish.

It would have been a good Rayman 4, but turned out to be nothing more than a simple spin - off of the genre of parties (which I hate with every part of my soul).
Greeness
Aurora

Post by Greeness »

Lil_DRE wrote:What about the Rayman Raving Rabbids prototype?
I would have preferred it to have been so, that we could explore, dress to have different abilities, ride different creatures.
I liked that idea of having to be cliche, parodying serious things and "Dramatics" (Something like Mad magazine that parodies popular culture).

The idea of Rayman joining Andre seemed good to me, but the fact that the two have to rescue their girlfriends was useless and somewhat childish.

It would have been a good Rayman 4, but turned out to be nothing more than a simple spin - off of the genre of parties (which I hate with every part of my soul).
I think it looked interesting, but the motion based control scheme, the photorealistic looking animals and the incredibly dark environments/setting were off putting to me.
Last edited by Greeness on Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lil_DRE
Pti-lote

Post by Lil_DRE »

If it had been for consoles like PS3 or XBOX 360 (Since a PS2 and an XBOX would not support so much shit of audios, textures and well-detailed models on the disk) I would have bought it without thinking, but Bugisoft had to take advantage of WII started to gain popularity.
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

Greeness wrote:however there are still a lot of interesting concepts that were in the original project, like the return of older levels in 3d, powerups that we'll likely not see from Ancel's Rayman 4(at least not like they were implemented in R3), etc. there are still so many interesting bits of work that we know nothing about, yet we glimpse over them just because the game was supposed to be a reboot.
No, I think many of us were excited about these environments (except Rayman Land, what where they thinking), and to a lesser degree about the powerups, but the game just hadn't reached the stage yet where these things were implemented into the prototype (though perhaps very rudimentary versions of one of two powerups already existed). The screenshots we got are from a movement testing playground (which is good because it means they spent time trying to get Rayman's controls right), most likely due to a lack of anything else to show, so you wouldn't even get the interesting stuff from it if you managed to obtain that prototype. Perhaps there was a later version that Unseen64 didn't see or that they weren't allowed to show though.

The RRR prototype on the other hand had lots of assets already in engine so I find that one infinitely more interesting. Personally I liked the environments we saw, especially the forest (the one with the pool Rayman jumps over in the trailer) and the place with the huge mushrooms: https://raymanpc.com/wiki/script-en/ima ... dsscan.png
The screenshots are probably both bullshots, but the assets they used existed in the game.

By the way, reading that scan again revealed this:
YOU PROMISED US MICHEL! :lol:
WizardMinecraft
Électoon
Tings: 7

Post by WizardMinecraft »

And just like almost every other rayman game that's not raving rabbids or collaberations with the mario series, its bound to be ported on basically every single video game console in this current fucking generation
WizardMinecraft
Électoon
Tings: 7

Post by WizardMinecraft »

Remember Rayman 1 and 2 being ported a thousand times on different consoles with little to no positive change on the gameplay and most likely an inferiority to the original release or im just expecting that to happen with every rayman game.
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 935

Post by Rock_TBT »

RibShark wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lMLRIwiB_c

Having just posted a video on the scrapped "Project H.A.M.M.E.R", Unseen64 are planning to create a video detailing new revelations of Rayman 4, announced in the description for the aformentioned video. I'm very excited to see what they will reveal about the game, with maybe even some video footage of the levels, this will be very interesting for sure.
This has probably already been explained in the post before, but what is Unseen64´s source? In an age of disinformation and false news, it is wise to double check everything that is said.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

WizardMinecraft wrote:Remember Rayman 1 and 2 being ported a thousand times on different consoles with little to no positive change on the gameplay and most likely an inferiority to the original release or im just expecting that to happen with every rayman game.
To be fair, those were later generations. I'm OK with a new title being available on all current mainstream consoles and the PC. There was quite a bit of disappointment when Legends was announced to be Wii U exclusive.

As for porting, I'm not too fussed about them in principle, more accessibility to potential new audiences isn't bad. It's the low quality of the ports and how they degrade the original games that is the point of contention. Though of course, I think at this point, most would prefer a remastered port at the least rather than another yoink and plonk port.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610024

Post by Hunchman801 »

Drolpiraat wrote:except Rayman Land, what where they thinking
I couldn't agree more, let's hope this terrible idea is completely forgotten now. :lol:
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Lil_DRE wrote:the genre of parties (which I hate with every part of my soul).
Why is this such a common thing?