Project: UnLockRay ( ULR / REL )

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Re: Project: UnLockRay ( ULR / REL )

Post by PluMGMK »

Something else which I only found out about when it was casually dropped into conversation: Droolie has now made a similar tool for UbiArt: https://github.com/byvar/ubi-canvas
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

So that's where those discoveries came from! Really impressive tool.

Now I'd love to have one for the original Rayman. The maps on RayWiki are pretty cool but having them at a 1:1 scale would really kick ass.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I think Chacanger was working on one, but I don't know if it ever got released.
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Ad made a Rayman 1 level viewer which I know some users in the speedrunning community used to check the maps. It's however incomplete and won't work well for the wiki yet. Not sure if it's still being developed on.
As for Ubi-Canvas, that is also work in progress (by Droolie), but works pretty well for Rayman Adventures and Legends. Origins isn't supported yet though. I wasn't sure how much of it would work on the wiki as I'm just taking screenshots of what the tool displays, but it's the only way to visualize how the map would have originally looked like in its complete form.
TTK
Poilu
Tings: 2035

Post by TTK »

Droolie wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:04 am
Anyway, have fun! Time to take a little break...

Can you put up a download to play that world if possible, it looks beatiful! :D
JohnnyGui
Lums Vert
Tings: 95

Post by JohnnyGui »

Is it possible to patch the Nintendo 64 version of Rayman 2 to enable 16:9 widescreen?
Windblade
Créature maléfique
Tings: 330

Post by Windblade »

ok , so basically i got back to the forums after a couple of years out, i just discovered this tread and i don't think i can read all of the posts, my questions are, how far did this get, and, is there a better rayman 1level editor made by the fans?, maybe a recreation of the best aspects of rayman 1 from the ps1 and sega saturn versions? hopefully with a level editor?
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

I made a Rayman 1 level editor for the PC and PS1 versions earlier this year. You can also use Ray1Map to view the maps from all versions. There haven't been any mods to bring features over from other versions though as that would be rather complicated due to how the game works.
Windblade
Créature maléfique

Post by Windblade »

RayCarrot wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:58 pm I made a Rayman 1 level editor for the PC and PS1 versions earlier this year. You can also use Ray1Map to view the maps from all versions. There haven't been any mods to bring features over from other versions though as that would be rather complicated due to how the game works.
are the maps downloadable?

that made me think, imagine a "mario maker" style game editor
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Windblade wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:33 pm why was my other message deleted without explanation?
I have no idea what you're talking about. There's no record of any message of yours being deleted recently (except I'm about to delete this one because it was a double post). Unless you mean one from years ago, in which case you might have to be more specific…
Windblade
Créature maléfique

Post by Windblade »

then it must have been a bug because the message was that i found somewhere a rayman editor (fan made) , it got posted and then when i reloaded the page it wasnt there anymore
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Maybe you clicked preview instead? Feel free to share again.
Windblade
Créature maléfique

Post by Windblade »

while i dont like the approach of the designer of the fan "remake"
https://gamejolt.com/games/raymanredemption/340532 (one starts with some powers already, which make the start of the game too easy and some levels were redesigned with that in mind)
i like the idea that he also made a better editor, although i havent been able to use it (some bug or something or maybe im doing something wrong)
https://gamejolt.com/games/Rayman_ReDesigner/539216
also here one can download fan made maps and other things(skins and i dont remember what else)
https://raydistributor.com/

but got me thinking
is the closest thing we have since some levels from over versions were included
(some exclusive to the jaguar and some to the pc version)
maybe a rayman game that includes most of the assets and maps form all the rayman one versions, as i said this is the closest thing we ever got but the creator tood way too many liberties with it, although i find interesting that he used some unused assets
so, they should be somewhere on the vast internet
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

So what is it all about? If may I ask?
Windblade
Créature maléfique

Post by Windblade »

gamerz31w wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:07 am So what is it all about? If may I ask?
the remake? is just a fan expanded version of the original game plus some tweaks the mod creator wanted, and more power ups and features and a better level editor, although the level editor doesnt work for me for some reason, i dont like some of the changes the creator made to the game although i appreciate he tried to do all the levels even including some from the jaguar version
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

Oh okay.