[Download] Ripping a soundtrack from an another UbiSoft game: Disney's PK: Out Of The Shadows

Talk about the Rayman music website.

Moderators: Droolie, English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
A1020nt
Lums Vert
Tings: 90

Re: [Download] Ripping a soundtrack from an another UbiSoft game: Disney's PK: Out Of The Shadows

Post by A1020nt »

Any news ?
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Re: [Download] Ripping a soundtrack from an another UbiSoft game: Disney's PK: Out Of The Shadows

Post by The Jonster »

I find it curious this thread exists.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Why so? It's not directly Rayman related, but there's no inherent reason that it wouldn't be of interest to some people here…
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I didn't say it was a bad thing, I was just curious to see a non-Rayman related thread. :)
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

@Drolpiraat

Hello, is there a way, please, to modify your script "ra_ps2.bms" to be able to extract the segments in order, without giving them event names?
Thank you in advance.
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

Sorry to bump this. I know Droolie is busy, but is there any progress on this? I really can't work on this soundtrack if it stays with the event names in output, because the segments have numbers but they're not representative of the real order. There are a lot of segments and it makes the joining process extremely complicated and time consuming, considering I also reconstruct the music manually, without an automatic joiner or script. So I would be pleased if the script "ra_ps2.bms" could extract the segments without names (but with offset instead, since filenames aren't available).

Thanks in advance,
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

TheMygoshi wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:49 am Sorry to bump this. I know Droolie is busy, but is there any progress on this? I really can't work on this soundtrack if it stays with the event names in output, because the segments have numbers but they're not representative of the real order. There are a lot of segments and it makes the joining process extremely complicated and time consuming, considering I also reconstruct the music manually, without an automatic joiner or script. So I would be pleased if the script "ra_ps2.bms" could extract the segments without names (but with offset instead, since filenames aren't available).

Thanks in advance,
I just looked at this and the segment names indeed seem to be missing in PK PS2, or in different files.
Doesn't the bms script do what you want though? The script itself extracts the mib files with CUUIDs for names. Those files are later renamed with RayAudio, so if you remove the call to that from the bat file (the second line), it should keep the CUUID names.

If you prefer offsets, remove this portion of the script:

Code: Select all

string UNNAME += "_"
string UNNAME += KEY
String UNNAME += ".mib"
and modify this portion:

if EXT == 1
            get EXTSIZE long 0
            get EXTOFF long 0
            open FDSE EXTF 1
            log UNNAME EXTOFF EXTSIZE 1
		else
            log UNNAME FOFFSET FSIZE 0
        endif
so that the offset is added into the name here:

if EXT == 1
            get EXTSIZE long 0
            get EXTOFF long 0
            open FDSE EXTF 1
            string OFFSET_NAME P "%UNNAME%_external_%EXTOFF|4h%.mib"
            log OFFSET_NAME EXTOFF EXTSIZE 1
		else
            string OFFSET_NAME P "%UNNAME%_embedded_%FOFFSET|4h%.mib"
            log OFFSET_NAME FOFFSET FSIZE 0
        endif
Note: I haven't tested this new code, but it should work. You might need to replace the version of quickbms with the new version.
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

Thank you so much!! :) Though I thought it would correctly order the segments, but apparently the music isn't ordered by offsets in the DATA.HST. Do you still think there's another way to do it? it's approximately ordered with event names but sometimes it's really random (not your fault because they have bad filenames (no filenames)).