Rayman 2 HD

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Hakyra
Podocroc
Tings: 296

Re: Rayman 2 Remake

Post by Hakyra »

Misaki1993 wrote:Hello guys I read this topic and I saw that you use UE4 for this project, I also use it but at the moment I'm busy with another game and I can't help you with the graphics, so I wanted to ask you, have you already finished to programming the character ? And do you use blueprints or c ++ codes? Sorry for my bad English, I'm italian
I don't know, at the moment, Rycer is the one that handles the Engine and is the one working on it. I just model stuff and experiment with lighting, so you will have to wait until you he is online, i will send him a message on discord right away.
LoveMetal wrote:Mhh, the demo I downloaded was made with Unity I think, not UE4.
EDIT: Whoops sorry, I did not read the last post of angzaf13 when I posted this.
angzaf13 wrote: Btw, which demo did you try? 0.3? or 0.2F (0.2F kinda resembles more the game).
The one I tried was RAYMAN_2_LIGHTING_PROTOTYPEv0.2.7z.
RE-EDIT: Dammit, I didn't even noticed that there was a version 3 because it was in another topic. For the sake of clarity, I think that you should keep all of your versions in the same topic, and maybe update the first post with all the uploaded versions. ;)
So, I'll try 0.3 later then.
(yes, i use Unity, i'm still learning UE4), 0.2F is the closest one that resembles the game. 0.3 is where Post processing gets ridiculous.
i should post it here, although i ended up posting it in a seperate place because i was starting to release multiple versions, so i thought i should split it, and in case i wanted to continue with the project someday, it would be much easier to acces and post.
Btw, i also made the source code available in case you wanna edit it. Just use Unity and import it, it should work with no problem whatsoever.
-Hakyra
Rycer
Barbara
Tings: 10120

Post by Rycer »

Misaki, we're using blueprints, but C++ is always welcome. The character programming is not entirely done. I mean, shooting balls works, jumping works, etc. Aiming, sliding and jumping between two walls still need some improvements. And there are still a lot of things to do, so when you're ready with your project and still want to help, pm me. Thank you!
Misaki1993
Lums
Tings: 35

Post by Misaki1993 »

Rycer wrote:Misaki, we're using blueprints, but C++ is always welcome. The character programming is not entirely done. I mean, shooting balls works, jumping works, etc. Aiming, sliding and jumping between two walls still need some improvements. And there are still a lot of things to do, so when you're ready with your project and still want to help, pm me. Thank you!
I sent you a pm :)
Rycer
Barbara

Post by Rycer »

Misaki1993 wrote:
Rycer wrote:Misaki, we're using blueprints, but C++ is always welcome. The character programming is not entirely done. I mean, shooting balls works, jumping works, etc. Aiming, sliding and jumping between two walls still need some improvements. And there are still a lot of things to do, so when you're ready with your project and still want to help, pm me. Thank you!
I sent you a pm :)
And I answered you :)
SrRayman
Incrediball
Tings: 380

Post by SrRayman »

Looks very interesting.
sack lack back tack track pack wack rack knack
Hakyra
Podocroc
Tings: 296

Post by Hakyra »

New Assets Soon:
-Hakyra
SrRayman
Incrediball
Tings: 380

Post by SrRayman »

noice
sack lack back tack track pack wack rack knack
sifodias
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by sifodias »

Hello there

Are you guys still working on this ? Is there any update ?
This seems very promising !
Lorenzo
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1250

Post by Lorenzo »

Yes we are :)
I've joined in as well as music producer/arranger.
12RayChienne9
Carnivora
Tings: 13017

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

Amazing! :winkgrin: :) :D
Rayman 2 is my favourite Rayman game, but unfortunately I can't help you because I'm a beginner on developing games.
Besides, when you get to remaster the Cave of Bad Dreams, may you exclude the scene of the decision about keep the treasure please? There is a reason that you will mix with the PlayStation 1 port of Rayman 2, so this port doesn't contain the so-called Rayman 2's Alternative Ending. Another reason is that Rayman 2's Alternative Ending (with the help of an inappropiate art based on the mentioned scene named Rayman 2 Ending - Reprised) traumatized me, threatening to make my health worse. It happened on the day 19th or 20th March 2017 when I was seeing pictures related to Rayman 2.
CoffeeNeko
Gandalf
Tings: 4106

Post by CoffeeNeko »

12RayChienne9 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:39 pm Amazing! :winkgrin: :) :D
Rayman 2 is my favourite Rayman game, but unfortunately I can't help you because I'm a beginner on developing games.
Besides, when you get to remaster the Cave of Bad Dreams, may you exclude the scene of the decision about keep the treasure please? There is a reason that you will mix with the PlayStation 1 port of Rayman 2, so this port doesn't contain the so-called Rayman 2's Alternative Ending. Another reason is that Rayman 2's Alternative Ending (with the help of an inappropiate art based on the mentioned scene named Rayman 2 Ending - Reprised) traumatized me, threatening to make my health worse. It happened on the day 19th or 20th March 2017 when I was seeing pictures related to Rayman 2.
Your childhood stories aren't gonna change anything, sorry.
Rycer
Barbara

Post by Rycer »

It's optional, you don't have to see that if you don't want to.
12RayChienne9
Carnivora
Tings: 13017

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

Rycer wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:56 pm
It's optional, you don't have to see that if you don't want to.
Ok, I understood you, thanks for answering my question.
Rycer
Barbara

Post by Rycer »

Hey!
Sorry for the lack of updates for so long :\
Most of the little updates were posted on our Twitter page (https://twitter.com/Rayman2HD).

A little more than a week ago we posted a teaser trailer on our YouTube channel. Go watch it!

Keep in mind that it's still work in progress, so a lot can still change.

That's all for now. Have a nice day! :]
Alltech
Barbara
Tings: 10293

Post by Alltech »

Is the remake still being worked on?
😎
Rycer
Barbara

Post by Rycer »

Alltech wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:00 pm Is the remake still being worked on?
Yes, it is! We're currently thinking about making some kind of demo for you to check out. :]
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing more progress here.
nitwitsworld
Super Lums Jaune
Tings: 185

Post by nitwitsworld »

interesting fan project
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

I look forward to this demo! :D
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Arnarion
Ptizêtre Gothique
Tings: 3105

Post by Arnarion »

Hey hello Rycer. If you ever need a piece of concept art for your remake, I'd like to offer my services. Of course I won't charge for it, since your project is also free of charge! I sincerely hope I can help you out, and I'm looking forward to see more of your progress!

You can contact me on: [email protected]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✧✧✧✧✧ As time flows, so do I ✧✧✧✧✧
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬