Rayman ReDesigner

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Re: Rayman ReDesigner

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

For anyone interested, I’ve made a video showcasing some early prototypes of some of my projects I’ve mentioned here.

The second level in particular may interest you in case you were thinking about making a desert world in ReDesigner. Most of what’s shown in the video is more like an oasis, but some sections from the final level will go for a classic dry desert. If you find it good, feel free to take some inspiration from it to make your own desert levels. Also, one piece of advice: make sure to use many layers, especially if you intend to add some decorations so your desert doesn’t look like a generic flat path. More visual depth is always nice!

As for The Spooky RayDungeon, I rarely get the time to work on it but it’s still going. Section 5 is getting nearer to completion and is the main reason why it takes so much time since it has quite a lot of complexity when it comes to gendoors, killdoors and some other things.
All of this may take an eternity until I get to finish it, but I am not cancelling anything.
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros
Tings: 2780

Post by RaymanRedemption »

Hi there! :)

Rayman Saturn wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:31 pm The second level in particular may interest you in case you were thinking about making a desert world in ReDesigner. Most of what’s shown in the video is more like an oasis, but some sections from the final level will go for a classic dry desert. If you find it good, feel free to take some inspiration from it to make your own desert levels. Also, one piece of advice: make sure to use many layers, especially if you intend to add some decorations so your desert doesn’t look like a generic flat path. More visual depth is always nice!

Can't wait to play your solar desert level, looks so nice! :mrgreen:
I prefer to play the level before watching the video, to avoid any spoil :noel:
Terror Notes spread Chaos in Band Land!
:arrow: https://youtu.be/VLHLHlrNPpI

RaveyDavey1993
Lums Bleu
Tings: 100

Post by RaveyDavey1993 »

Rayman takes the plunge in my most fiery level yet. Volcanic Mines will be sure to give you all a challenge.

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mycgcwsq4hwv7 ... 3.zip?dl=0

Also Available On Rayman Redistributor. Code: RAY-BYNS-ZR

Version without the custom content:
Volcanic_Mines_By_Ravey_Davey_1993.txt.zip
(60.72 KiB) Downloaded 131 times

Music Used
Section 2: FInd The Wheels In The Jungle From Croc 2
Section 4: Quartz Quadrant Bad Future US From Sonic CD
Section 5: Hoodlum Headquarters From Rayman 3
Section 6: Folgran From Klonoa 2
RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros
Tings: 2780

Post by RaymanRedemption »

RaveyDavey1993 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:34 am Rayman takes the plunge in my most fiery level yet. Volcanic Mines will be sure to give you all a challenge.
This one is too challenging for me :?
Terror Notes spread Chaos in Band Land!
:arrow: https://youtu.be/VLHLHlrNPpI

hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

It is beautiful, but man it is hard! :shock:
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

RaveyDavey1993 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:34 am Rayman takes the plunge in my most fiery level yet. Volcanic Mines will be sure to give you all a challenge.

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mycgcwsq4hwv7 ... 3.zip?dl=0

Also Available On Rayman Redistributor. Code: RAY-BYNS-ZR

Music Used
Section 2: FInd The Wheels In The Jungle From Croc 2
Section 4: Quartz Quadrant Bad Future US From Sonic CD
Section 5: Hoodlum Headquarters From Rayman 3
Section 6: Folgran From Klonoa 2
Just played it! Was a blast once again! It was pretty impressive, mostly when it comes to the parts where you’re really inside the Mines.
Personally, I didn’t find it that difficult, especially when Glacial Peaks gave me more troubles… But I just got done beating Trap Master for the second time in Rayman Redemption (and finally recording it) and my brain was basically in ‘Super Player mode’ the whole time, so I guess I might be slightly biased here. :mrgreen:
I just wish Coloured Tings were used in the Core’s section, so you don’t have to start this part from the beginning when you die, especially since there are so many instakill spikes.

I added it to the main post! I’m sorry if it took me some time to do that, I wasn’t very active here recently because of all the things I have to do this recently.

L.M. Murphy
Magicien Ptizetre
Tings: 2446

Post by L.M. Murphy »

Hunchman801 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:22 pm
L.M. Murphy wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:15 pm But not the unused Little Livingstone on a plum!
Do we even know how it was meant to behave, by the way?
Well, here's a Twitter post I found showing it.
https://twitter.com/RayCarrot/status/12 ... 9582055425
Keep in mind that it can be placed directly with Extended Rayman Designer.
It bounces in a straight line, and seems to ignore tiles.
Rayman...forever?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:31 pm The second level in particular may interest you in case you were thinking about making a desert world in ReDesigner. Most of what’s shown in the video is more like an oasis, but some sections from the final level will go for a classic dry desert. If you find it good, feel free to take some inspiration from it to make your own desert levels. Also, one piece of advice: make sure to use many layers, especially if you intend to add some decorations so your desert doesn’t look like a generic flat path. More visual depth is always nice!
I always found the spiky sticks of chalk a really weird addition to ReDesigner, but their use as cacti makes a lot of sense! :lol:

And great level as usual, RaveyDavey! Thanks for sharing. :up:
hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Then again, the original game has spiky nougat. :lol:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

L.M. Murphy wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:50 am Well, here's a Twitter post I found showing it.
https://twitter.com/RayCarrot/status/12 ... 9582055425
Keep in mind that it can be placed directly with Extended Rayman Designer.
It bounces in a straight line, and seems to ignore tiles.
Yeah, I remember seeing that. It looks completely broken though, I'm sure their final behavior would have been quite different.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Ryemanni is going to be streaming a ‘postmortem’ playthrough of Rayman Redemption on June 13 for its first anniversary in order to discuss the development of Rayman Redemption and ReDesigner.
If you want to ask Ryemanni any question about Redemption, ReDesigner or even Dark Magician’s Reign of Terror, you can ask it below this tweet before Sunday 13.6 and he will answer them in the stream: https://twitter.com/Ryemanni/status/1401058468128231425
So, if there’s anything you wanted to know, this is the time! He’s also going to reveal some scrapped content, ‘concept art’ and other nice things of this taste.

RaymanRedemption wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:58 am Can't wait to play your solar desert level, looks so nice! :mrgreen:
I prefer to play the level before watching the video, to avoid any spoil :noel:
How did I miss this response? :confus:
Thanks! Although, it’s not going to be released any time soon, I’ve only done the first section! … And I still haven’t even found the time to finish The Spooky RayDungeon after all these months lol. :oops2:
Hunchman801 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:36 pmI always found the spiky sticks of chalk a really weird addition to ReDesigner, but their use as cacti makes a lot of sense! :lol:
You really have to improvise with what you have. :noel:

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:17 pm You really have to improvise with what you have. :noel:
Well, in this case, I think your use of that sprite clearly beats the original. :lol:
TTK
Poilu
Tings: 2035

Post by TTK »

I Made a level called Rayman Returns Level One!
Attachments
Rayman_Returns_Level_One_By_TTK.zip
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Thanks, I'll play it tonight! Since it's called level one, do you plan on making others, or maybe even a full game out of them?
TTK
Poilu
Tings: 2035

Post by TTK »

Maybe
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Ryemanni’s stream has been pushed back to Thursday 17.6 due to E3. If you still have questions about his fangames, you got some more time to ask them.

hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Have you decided what to ask yet?
RaveyDavey1993
Lums Bleu
Tings: 100

Post by RaveyDavey1993 »

Back with a level from the Dream Forest and The rains have descended upon a beautiful part of the dream forest making the floor turn into one long muddy bog. be careful as you traverse these quagmires, they are unpredictable!!!

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nx64e8dw69xhh ... 3.zip?dl=0

Version without the custom content:
Quirky_Quagmires_By_Ravey_Davey_1993.txt.zip
(51.97 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Custom Music Used
Section 1: Wise Owl Forest From Dark Cloud
Section 2: Rusty Ruin Act 1 From Sonic 3D Blast Saturn
Section 3: Guardian Of The Forest From Dark Cloud
Section 4: Rusty Ruin Act 2 From Sonic 3D Blast Saturn
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Nice title, I like the alliteration! Pretty creative how you used what I suppose is meant to be the chocolate in Redemption as mud here, it fits just perfectly. And a nice choice of music, too! It's always pleasant to discover new tunes. :)
hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Great level, RaveyDavey1993! :D I love those messages you leave at the end, too.