Rayman 3 speedrunning

Speedrunning news, techniques and events: a place for those who live fast, at least when it comes to Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Speedrunning team

SpeedBot
Grand Mini
Tings: 5055

Re: Rayman 3 speedrunning

Post by SpeedBot »

A new run has just been validated on speedrun.com!

PC - Any% in 01h 28m 25s 520ms by Vorti - 4th place

Submitted: 04/10/2021
Platform: PC
Vorti wrote:Bad CF4 and bad endgame, other than that, good
Additional details:
  • Game Speed: 1.2×
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 591044

Post by Hunchman801 »

hoodlumsworld wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:28 pm I agree with Hunch about NMG but it's so long for Rayman 3 compared to Rayman 2.
Yeah, the same thought occurred to me earlier. And that's despite the fact that there's no major skip in Rayman 3, unlike the Echoing Caves skip in Rayman 2.
arnoldfranklin
Pink
Tings: 4609

Post by arnoldfranklin »

A few questions:
When you do single segment, can you have a save file that you have beaten the game on or something then go to one of the worlds and try to speedrun the first section? Also, after you beat a section, it has a loading screen that it says it is saving. Do you count that time or not. I'm sorry for asking so many questions.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Hamlet play
FC: ? CF: ? BOM: ? LOLD: ? DOTK: ? LS: ? SBTC: ? HH: ? TOTL: ?
score
:D
SpeedBot
Grand Mini

Post by SpeedBot »

GCN - Any% in 01h 25m 36s by Scruffaduff - 13th place

Submitted: 08/10/2021
Platform: Wii
Region: USA / NTSC
Scruffaduff wrote:The worst thing you could give Rayman is a bracelet. Zooom.
hoodlumsworld
Barbara
Tings: 10070

Post by hoodlumsworld »

arnoldfranklin wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:41 pm A few questions:
When you do single segment, can you have a save file that you have beaten the game on or something then go to one of the worlds and try to speedrun the first section? Also, after you beat a section, it has a loading screen that it says it is saving. Do you count that time or not. I'm sorry for asking so many questions.
Do you mean the loading times between the different sections of a level?
arnoldfranklin
Pink

Post by arnoldfranklin »

hoodlumsworld wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:43 pm
Do you mean the loading times between the different sections of a level?
So, yeah if you mean like beating a level in the world and those sections where it says it is saving and Rayman like walks or jumps to the next level. Also, thanks for responding.
score
SpeedBot
Grand Mini

Post by SpeedBot »

PC - Any% in 01h 25m 53s by Vorti - 4th place

Submitted: 11/10/2021
Vorti wrote:This run was so weird, but still got a new pb lol
broken timer because razoff sucks
Additional details:
Link to video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1174030158
hoodlumsworld
Barbara

Post by hoodlumsworld »

arnoldfranklin wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:51 pm So, yeah if you mean like beating a level in the world and those sections where it says it is saving and Rayman like walks or jumps to the next level. Also, thanks for responding.
Yes, they appear to count. Also, I missed your first question but I see no reason why it would not be allowed.
arnoldfranklin
Pink

Post by arnoldfranklin »

hoodlumsworld wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:21 pm Yes, they appear to count. Also, I missed your first question but I see no reason why it would not be allowed.
Okay, thank you. The reason I was concerned or at least part of it on my first question is that I have more health than I would have had when I originally played it because cages and stuff. I hope I can make use of my speedrun.com account. :winkgrin:
score
SpeedBot
Grand Mini

Post by SpeedBot »

New runs have just been validated on speedrun.com!

PC - Any% No Major Glitches in 01h 48m 14s by 1234m - 1st place

Submitted: 11/10/2021
Region: EUR / PAL
1234m wrote:The run shouldn't be too hard to beat due to the large number of mistakes (in particular the pathetic shoe races), but for now I'm fine with the time. :-)
Additional details:

IL - Clearleaf Forest 1: No Major Glitches in 04m 18s by arnoldfranklin - 3rd place

Submitted: 15/10/2021
Platform: PlayStation 2
arnoldfranklin wrote:Thanks to Hoodlumsworld on Pirate Community for helping answer questions about speedrunning. I played this on a file that had the game already completed so I had more health than I would have when I originally played the game. I hope that is okay.
hoodlumsworld
Barbara

Post by hoodlumsworld »

arnoldfranklin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:22 pm Okay, thank you. The reason I was concerned or at least part of it on my first question is that I have more health than I would have had when I originally played it because cages and stuff. I hope I can make use of my speedrun.com account. :winkgrin:
Actually, that's a good point. I can't think of a specific strat but maybe some bog crossing might only be possible with more health? An alternative solution is to have one save file per level, but I can see that your run got accepted anyway, huge congratulations. 👏👏
SpeedBot
Grand Mini

Post by SpeedBot »

GCN - Any% in 01h 17m 17s by Scruffaduff - 10th place

Submitted: 19/10/2021
Platform: Wii
Scruffaduff wrote:Somehow this just popped off. Somehow I hit the tricks. Somehow I made it.

PC - Any% in 01h 17m 13s by Vorti - 4th place

Submitted: 16/10/2021
Vorti wrote:Rip on HHQ 2 but other than that, poggers run
Additional details:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 591044

Post by Hunchman801 »

hoodlumsworld wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:27 am Actually, that's a good point. I can't think of a specific strat but maybe some bog crossing might only be possible with more health?
I always wonder how they manage to stay so long in the piranha-infested waters when they seem to kill me in a few seconds anyway. :mefiant:
SpeedBot
Grand Mini

Post by SpeedBot »

PC - Any% in 01h 11m 18s by Kobaltski - 1st place

Submitted: 24/10/2021
Kobaltski wrote:I really gotta get gud at reflux like fr
Additional details:
Link to video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1185189408
hoodlumsworld
Barbara

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Congrats on the first place Kobaltski, too bad you lost some time in Clearleaf Forest but the rest went really well. 🥳
Mark0v1c
Lums
Tings: 40

Post by Mark0v1c »

Sorry for the late response.

As of now the rules mention no requirement for using a new save file for ILs. There is however one problem: Opening already opened cages skips the "Teensie stamps" cutscene. One solution to this would be to include the time a runner saved per cage but as long as the IL leaderboards aren't too competitive there won't be a need to do this. (We might retime the IL runs in the future)

The timing rules are as follows:
Timing starts on the last black frame before the level fades in. Timing ends on the first black frame after the level ends.
SpeedBot
Grand Mini

Post by SpeedBot »

PC - Any% No Major Glitches in 01h 47m 24s by ShadowKnight28 - 1st place

ShadowKnight28 wrote:1 minute to early game
1 minute to falling down in leptys 2

1:45 is free
Additional details:

GCN - Any% in 01h 10m 26s by Mark0v1c - 6th place

Platform: GameCube
Mark0v1c wrote:PB by 1 second
arnoldfranklin
Pink

Post by arnoldfranklin »

Mark0v1c wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:11 pm
Sorry for the late response.

As of now the rules mention no requirement for using a new save file for ILs. There is however one problem: Opening already opened cages skips the "Teensie stamps" cutscene. One solution to this would be to include the time a runner saved per cage but as long as the IL leaderboards aren't too competitive there won't be a need to do this. (We might retime the IL runs in the future)

The timing rules are as follows:
Timing starts on the last black frame before the level fades in. Timing ends on the first black frame after the level ends.
Okay, yeah I found out about the timing rules. I didn't think about the teensie cage thing. Okay, I am glad to know although I have to add to my time in the future. Do you know how much time that is for the cut part? Thx :D
I'm sorry to ask this, but what does IL mean.
score
Mark0v1c
Lums
Tings: 40

Post by Mark0v1c »

arnoldfranklin wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:53 pm Okay, yeah I found out about the timing rules. I didn't think about the teensie cage thing. Okay, I am glad to know although I have to add to my time in the future. Do you know how much time that is for the cut part? Thx :D
I'm sorry to ask this, but what does IL mean.
IL stands for individual level. Which is just a single segment. In Rayman 3 speedrunning we also have IWs which are individual worlds (Fairy Council, Clearleaf, etc).

If I recall correctly each Teensie stamp cutscene takes exactly 1.75 seconds on GameCube. I'll have to check how much it is on other platforms but I assume it is the same for all the other versions except for the 1.2x speed of pc maybe.
SpeedBot
Grand Mini

Post by SpeedBot »

IL - Clearleaf Forest 1: No Major Glitches in 03m 49s by arnoldfranklin - 2nd place

Submitted: 30/10/2021
Platform: PlayStation 2
arnoldfranklin wrote:I tried to add 2 seconds for the time that the Teensie cut scene because this file is one where I beat the game and I didn't need the cage so yeah. That also means I have more health than I originally would have when I played it. Thanks Mark0v1c for answering stuff on Pirate Community.

PC - Glitched in 05s 389ms by C_E_ - 1st place

Submitted: 26/10/2021
Region: EUR / PAL
C_E_ wrote:This is new WR even if its a meme XD
(Previous 1st place run has wrong time shown on leaderboard)
Additional details: