Rayman 3 MAC OSX DVD ARCHIVAL BOX [COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE, FOR ARCHIVAL AND RESEARCH ONLY]

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Hakyra
Podocroc
Tings: 296

Rayman 3 MAC OSX DVD ARCHIVAL BOX [COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE, FOR ARCHIVAL AND RESEARCH ONLY]

Post by Hakyra »

-What's this?
-- These are the Rayman 3 Mac port installed files updated to the 1.0.3 version, it's a "direct copy" of what you would have if you installed Rayman 3 on a MAC.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Isn't this just piracy? you just uploaded the whole game!
-- No. pretty much basically since you won't be able to play the game on your mac AT ALL.
Rayman 3 OSX was a 32-bit PowerPC app, not only did Mac drop support for 32 bit apps alltogether in late 2019 with the Catalina OS update, but PowerPC apps support itself was removed in 2011, meaning that unless you have a 12+ year old Mac and you're still at an OS version of 10.6.8 or lower, you won't be able to play it at all, and even if you somehow have a Mac with all of these requirements, you still won't be able to play it because it requires the original DVD to play.
It's also doesn't run at all on Virtual Machines (tested it by myself).
So with all of the above, the Mac version is now completely unplayable.
TLDR: This port has been unplayable since 2011, with ZERO workarounds. it's completely impossible to play this using these files.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- So if nobody can play it nor install it, how come you have the installed files in 2022?
-- Because my parents bought a mac in late 2010 with the 10.6.8 OS version and they never updated the OS, pretty much, it slowly became an offline Mac and nowadays it's mostly used by mom to edit family videos or play solitare. So basically, icup321 sent me his Rayman 3 MAC DVD copy, installed it, updated it to the 1.0.3 version and copied all the files on a windows pc.

- Okey so if this is completely unusable to everyone, why upload this?
-- for archival reasons basically, the MAC port wasn't a 1:1 PC port, it had a lot unique quirks like built-in Widescreen support, better DirectInput gamepad support, a resolution selection screen, Anti-aliasing, complete arbitrary resolution support with the correct Aspect Ratio... in short, it had Better Rayman 3 before Better Rayman 3.
Not only that but the Mac port only had 1 CNT, that's right no cnt splitting whatsoever, sadly the textures are exactly the same as the PC counterpart although it does contain unused textures that would later be featured in the HD port, althogh in an uncompressed format.
The video files are also different, they use 240p MOV files encoded with MPEG-4 (they look incredibly smooth, probably the best in that regard, oh and they're not frame blended, even though they're at 30FPS)

So although it might be completely unplayable, it might not be useless in the end, it might help modders better understand Rayman 3 and who knows, even reverse enginneering it to create something truly amazing one day.

Final notes before downloading:

2 ._Icon files have been removed due to causing issues with the Windows OS, although i believe that nothing of value has been lost.
I also added the config folder that's under $HOME/Library/Preferences/Ubisoft/Rayman 3/Preferences Data.
Final note, the installation was done in Spanish, so that's why you'll see some spanish readme files. The file that controls which language to display the game in is MAC STRINGS (located in the data folder), i included the english one and the spanish one, renaming the MAC STRINGS SPANISH to MAC STRINGS will execute the game in spanish (not that you will be able to execute the game)

DOWNLOAD [1.20GB]:
https://mega.nz/file/9kRG0KQZ#QIj6nSQlf ... tF0SMIvaEQ
-Hakyra