Rayman 4 (early Rayman Raving Rabbids)

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
DerpyBoxDX
Lums
Tings: 40

Re: Rayman 4

Post by DerpyBoxDX »

Oh boy! The Finalized Iceberg is here!
Rsandee wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:14 pm That post explains so much of the current video game industry and Ubisoft phenomena, it's no surprise that's what happened in retrospect. Absolutely amazing that the Rayman 4 source code was found though, an absolute win :)
Plus, knowing how the gaming industry nowadays invested more on trends to make a quick buck. Sad really due to the nature of microtransactions, pay to win loot boxes, unfinished games, live service, and so on within. At least games that were cancelled gets leaked like the RRR Proto.
Last edited by PluMGMK on Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
MaryMagicPie
Lums Rouge
Tings: 55

Re: Rayman 4 (early Rayman Raving Rabbids)

Post by MaryMagicPie »

I believe all of this.
DerpyBoxDX
Lums

Post by DerpyBoxDX »

BTW, here's something you guys should look at... And it's not the faint of heart... So here's the backstory of Phenoix Rayman 4 + RRR Proto Backstory (as seen in the iceberg:
For the TL;DR of that Imgur post if anyone has seen it or not:

UPDATE 4/4/2023: As requested by Droolie, I have removed the link and the text that contained the backstory in order to respect that user’s identify for the sake of the backstory of Phenoix and RRR Proto development.)
Last edited by DerpyBoxDX on Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 103400

Rayman 4 (early Rayman Raving Rabbids)

Post by PluMGMK »

Oh yeah, we already have a text archive of that thread actually: https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p1440255

Maybe it should be posted in the RaymanPC documentary, even if it is pretty negative…
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 63615

Post by Droolie »

DerpyBoxDX wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:49 pm<link>
PluMGMK wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:30 pm<text archive>
Could this link & the text archive please be removed? It's not very nice to share captures of a (now deleted) twitter thread from a private (at the time) twitter account in public... Not only that, but both links clearly reveal the person's identity. I spoke to the person in question, and they would not like to see the thread be archived like this.
DerpyBoxDX
Lums

Post by DerpyBoxDX »

Droolie wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:12 pm
DerpyBoxDX wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:49 pm<link>
Could this link & the text archive please be removed? It's not very nice to share captures of a (now deleted) twitter thread from a private (at the time) twitter account in public... Not only that, but both links clearly reveal the person's identity. I spoke to the person in question, and they would not like to see the thread be archived like this.
Already removed the link and if you want me to removed the TL DR, I will remove it in case.
DaveRattlehead
El Stomacho
Tings: 22981

Post by DaveRattlehead »

I guess the deleted message refers to that guy on Twitter who made a very long thread commenting on how he was asking various former developers about Rayman 4. I don't quite remember if it's mentioned at some point or if it's known, but was there a specific reason Ubisoft gave Phoenix Studios the responsibility of developing Rayman 4? The Rabbids idea I think was acknowledged by Michel Ancel himself in an interview years ago, but hey, I thought the thread was pretty interesting. Of course, the treatment that guy got from some people was pretty disgusting.

It's been a few months since the leaks and I still think the responsible must have been an insider. The workers are pretty pissed off at Ubisoft and I wouldn't put it past them that leaking Rayman 4 was a way to point the finger at Ubisoft and leave the company at the horses' feet.