Rayman 4 (early Rayman Raving Rabbids)

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
TriangulumDelta
Incrediball
Tings: 390

Re: RAYMAN 4

Post by TriangulumDelta »

How do I control the menu? I tried using my keyboard and third party wired ps4 Play brand controller and that did nothing.
lumgum
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 10688

Post by lumgum »

Woah, now this is a Christmas present. The only thing more exciting would be an announcement of a new Rayman 4!

Dark Rayman says hi! I'm also still in Candy Chateau!
My current rank is: Medieval Dragon! Perhaps some minty freshness will cool down that breath!
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

That moment when Rayman 4 is revealed out of nowhere for Christmas :noel:
The wait is finally over, folks! :hap:

That sure is extremely cool! :)
Well, despite having no new official game, this year wasn't so bad for us Rayman fans after all! And besides the DLC announcement, we mostly have to thank the community for that! :mrgreen:

hoodlumsworld wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:44 am A level called... "Sphincter Cell" 😬

DOWNLOAD: Rayman 4 Prototype + Source Code.rar (140.67 MB)
So that finally explains what were these four gross ambient files in the prototype's soundtrack on RayTunes! Seems extremely similar to the Organic Caves in concept!... Except it sounded far less disgusting. :hap: :beurk:

Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 103390

Post by PluMGMK »

Yeah, thinking about it some more, I think Rayomz must be a joke only enabled in developer / debug builds. At least I hope so… Please don't tell me they were actually thinking of doing that in the final game :lol:

Still getting BG&E vibes… I guess those green/red things that fly into him from defeated enemies are Lums of some kind, but they act exactly like Materia Crystals. Obviously it's because they use the same engine and reused the code, but still, it's interesting to notice such things! Not to mention that "Rayomz" feels like a portmanteau of Rayman and DomZ :mefiant:
Henchman1028
Céloche
Tings: 7626

Post by Henchman1028 »

K-Bups do appear in this build as part of a puzzle in the waterfall Rabbid base. You have to flood the area with them to get up to a ledge.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 103390

Post by PluMGMK »

Aye, I thought so. But they're recoloured too, to brown, so they're probably something… a little less appetizing…
Purple Bubble
Lums
Tings: 25

New Rayman 4 prototype video footages found

Post by Purple Bubble »

Other demo videos of the cancelled prototype of Rayman 4 have been released on YouTube, this is huge!

https://vk.com/video-190802053_456239222

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ra ... %26ghpl%3D
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610234

Re: Rayman 4

Post by Hunchman801 »

I have just merged your topic with this one since the subject is already being discussed here.

Speaking of which, this is pretty cool news indeed! I encourage you all to add all the information you can to the Rayman Raving Rabbids (cancelled prototype) article on RayWiki, in the "Leaked prototype" section I just created. :chinois:
arnoldfranklin
Carnivora
Tings: 12665

Post by arnoldfranklin »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:37 pm
Well, despite having no new official game, this year wasn't so bad for us Rayman fans after all! And besides the DLC announcement, we mostly have to thank the community for that! :mrgreen:
I guess you're right. It was actually good for Rayman. :P Who knew?

Also, Hunch should have put the portal news like this:
Attachments
You needed to do this lol.png
You needed to do this lol.png (42.54 KiB) Viewed 2603 times
"I am the greatest hero of all time. I get three Globox stamps." ~ Globox himself
Nve
Chasseur
Tings: 1954

Post by Nve »

Well, that's surprising. A very pleasant present. This open world idea could have been very fun to play. But the leak also shows in what a raw state the game was. The E3 presentation is probably the most polished content of all. There's a lot of stuff to explore, under the leftovers from King Kong, BG&E, R2 and even R3. It is also worth mentioning that there is almost no content related to mini-games at this point (well, proto race maps and a warthog model are present nonetheless).

EDIT: I also believe that the documentation of the project would have given us a better insight into what the game could have been.

"Lums" model:
lums.JPG
lums.JPG (51.78 KiB) Viewed 2482 times
OnlyAzz
Électoon
Tings: 20

Post by OnlyAzz »

A warthog? as in from halo? do you have a screenshot/ directions to find it? thanks.
Raycoder123
Électoon
Tings: 20

Post by Raycoder123 »

Hey does anyone know how to use the editor tools to add new levels because I want rayman 4 maker to be a thing
ChronicTraitor
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 10097

Post by ChronicTraitor »

Aww, what cute Lums! :hap:
The one on the left definitely reminds me of the winged exit sign Electoons from Rayman GBC. The one on the right looks to be wearing briefs as a hat. :lol:
ChargingTurnip
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by ChargingTurnip »

Been digging around the prototype myself and found a couple of notable things.

Neat little water canyon thing. Excuse the filler stuff like playing with the gun or exploring OOB with the shark since this was a video I took to show stuff to my friends.
https://streamable.com/cdo08x

This big robot which I've seen more and more people posting about, so I'm definitely not the first. However, I do believe that this was the robot intended to go along with the "TheRabbitRobot" level considering it has a hatch on the top of its head definitely designed for the player to go into.
(I've started calling it a Titan due to it functionally being similar to the Titans from Sonic Frontiers, which is funny)
I'm literally only on this website right now for the Rayman 4 prototype. Will probably go inactive for long periods of time.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91577

Post by Steo »

MaeDaGoof shared this cool video regarding restoring the gameplay:
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Jerys
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by Jerys »

I have a glitch, when I take damage the game crashes and the Rabbids walk strangely fast. How to fix it?
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15775

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Nve wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:35 pm "Lums" model:
lums.JPG
This is cool, where did you find it?
ChargingTurnip wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:30 am Been digging around the prototype myself and found a couple of notable things.

Neat little water canyon thing. Excuse the filler stuff like playing with the gun or exploring OOB with the shark since this was a video I took to show stuff to my friends.
https://streamable.com/cdo08x
This is RIV_ride_requin, right? The shark animation is very smooth!
ChargingTurnip wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:30 am This big robot which I've seen more and more people posting about, so I'm definitely not the first. However, I do believe that this was the robot intended to go along with the "TheRabbitRobot" level considering it has a hatch on the top of its head definitely designed for the player to go into.
(I've started calling it a Titan due to it functionally being similar to the Titans from Sonic Frontiers, which is funny)
Where did you find that robot? It's not in another level, is it?
Steo wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:36 am MaeDaGoof shared this cool video regarding restoring the gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWZcwAPCYlc
I don't remember seeing the first part of the level with the giant gears and all in any of the trailers, is this new?

Also, someone got Sphincter Cell to work:
https://streamable.com/g4mtie

Is it inspired by the Organic Cave from Phoenix Studio's cancelled Rayman 4?

PS: in addition to the anonfiles link I posted earlier, you can now download the prototype here: https://archive.org/details/rayman-4-pr ... ource-code
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610234

Post by Hunchman801 »

Very interesting stuff! Some of those levels look complete enough to deserve their own articles on the wiki. Has anyone started making a list of the content found in the prototype, notably of the levels material enough not to be considered test stages? If not, I could start a metapage on the wiki for all to add information to and once complete enough, this could be used as a basis to create new articles and expand on the existing ones. :)
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15775

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Raycoder123 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:51 am Hey does anyone know how to use the editor tools to add new levels because I want rayman 4 maker to be a thing
Sadly I don't think anybody knows how to do this just yet.
Hunchman801 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:32 pm Very interesting stuff! Some of those levels look complete enough to deserve their own articles on the wiki. Has anyone started making a list of the content found in the prototype, notably of the levels material enough not to be considered test stages? If not, I could start a metapage on the wiki for all to add information to and once complete enough, this could be used as a basis to create new articles and expand on the existing ones. :)
I don't think we have such a list yet. We could start with:
  • Main map (filename?)
  • Gear cave (RIV_Brk_Ride_Pieton)
  • Underground eagle ride (Ride_A)
  • Forest eagle ride (RIV_Test_Brk_Foret_FPP)
  • Shark ride (filename?)
  • Sphincter Cell (filename?)
Jerys
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by Jerys »

Jerys wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:55 am I have a glitch, when I take damage the game crashes and the Rabbids walk strangely fast. How to fix it?
I don't know how to fix it.