Rayman 2 Soundtrack OST (FLAC, 44kHz) - PSX rip, Revolution and Remastered

Talk about the Rayman music website.

Moderators: Droolie, English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8642

Rayman 2 Soundtrack OST (FLAC, 44kHz) - PSX rip, Revolution and Remastered

Post by deton24 »

Rayman 2 Soundtrack download
FLAC, High Quality, 44kHz, "like CD"
The Great Escape (PSX) OST (& Revolution remastered)
Composed by Éric Chevalier

Rayman, soundtrack, revolution, the great escape, hq, high quality, the best quality, CD audio, 44khz, remaster remastered, CD, Magix, Music & Audio Cleaning Lab, vag, music unpacking, psx, ps1, music, vag file extension, download, upload, Eric chevalier, composer, raytunes, listening, mp3, flac, rar, package, files, separate, wav, uncompressed, pcm, hq, magix, premium, 2016,
2017, cleaning, lab

Trimming/joining segments/arrangement: deton24
Extracting from PSX version (Play Station): Droolpirat
AD 2014-2021

Rayman 2 eternally alive
Resurrection of old songs, in 44khz Audio CD-like new high quality, from the source of good compression, bitrate;
from hundreds split PSX music parts. Hard work to join and arrange it all again.

Download:
91 tracks (46 tracks remastered)

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jCktFkeEqNMCvWJM-R15J8VJ-bpneCtr?usp=sharing
When you enter on this link, you can just click the button "download all" there.
Or pick your file, and wait a sec to buffer, and then you'll see the timer, then music should start.
If you don't see timer for a long time, download the file.

Total length: 1:34:45

01 - The Great Escape
02 - The Woods of Light
03 - King of the Teensies
04 - Overworld
05 - Fairy Glade
06 - Pirates! - Part 1
07 - Entering the Pirate Ship
08 - The Machine
09 - The Marshes of Awakening
10 - Riding the Marshes
11 - The Bayou - Part 1
12 - Pirates! - Part 2
13 - The Bayou - Part 2
14 - The Walk of Life
15 - The Attack Run
16 - Axel - Guardian of the Sanctuary of Water and Ice
17 - Riding The Shell
18 - Pirates! - Part 3
19 - The Cave of Bad Dreams
20 - The Chase
21 - Spider Attack
22 - The Canopy
23 - Pirates! - Part 4
24 - The Whale Bay - Part 1
25 - The Whale Bay - Part 2
26 - Riding the Lava
27 - The Sanctuary of Stone and Fire - Part 2
28 - The Sanctuary of Stone and Fire - Part 3
29 - The Slide
30 - Umber - Guardian of the Sanctuary of Stone and Fire
31 - Flying Barrel
32 - The Precipice
33 - The Top of the World
34 - The Walk of Power
35 - The Sanctuary of Rock and Lava
36 - Flower Ride
37 - Lava Tower
38 - Beneath the Sanctuary of Rock and Lava
39 - Tomb of Ancients
40 - Prison Ship
41 - Pyralums
42 - The Final Battle
43 - Jingle ~ In Front of a Boss
44 - Jingle ~ Try Again
45 - Jingle ~ The Door is Open
46 - Jingle ~ Switch Activated
47 - Jingle ~ Boss Defeated
Not all tracks available in PSX version were extracted.
Intro, Jail, Meanwhile in Pirates Ship, an alternate ending, outro.
Probably due to hardcoded voices and different file format which I couldn't extract anyway - lots of these music are remastered from PS2/DC versions now, as many others.

The source file of PSX rip was VAG, probably 4 bit or 8 bit ADPCM, named THEME.vag on Rayman 2 PSX CD.

If somebody wants to extract separated loops from PSX version, use ADPCM Player v1.44h, open THEME.VAG from R2 PSX disc and set, interleave to 800.
It would spare me a lot of time if I knew it before...

Original 37800/44100Hz (PSX) and 22150Hz (Dreamcast) segments converted to wav:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

edit. 2021 - Droolie extracted the cutscenes from PSX version of the game, and they have background sounds hardcoded, and 22kHz anyway, so it wasn't worth to bother anyway:
https://mega.nz/file/QPwUVYhD#mv9tVIRfH ... zNYWoLVVyI

Rayman 2 High Quality (Audio CD - like - 44kHz) Soundtrack -
(original untouched PSX tracks arranged by deton24)
rar download:

Mp3 320 kbps
Size: 217 MB

https://yadi.sk/d/d0qexV4crQmey
FLAC
Size: 538MB

https://yadi.sk/d/Qdle58tMrQmdt
or

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0zgoPTJGTn4VnE2aFo0Q0p1bzA?usp=sharing
All of these files are untouched in matter of quality - they're exactly the same as in PSX files (except Overworld - there has been an attempt to remaster it) minus dithering noise on some tracks introduced by default by Audacity on segments import (my mistake, but slight difference).

Exclusive Revolution and PSX/DC tracks remastered

New release of high-quality soundtrack made by me. All available music from this, and other releases after remastering with Audio & Music Lab 2016 Premium. It is rather professional, at least very good, special software for such purpose with a decent bunch of plugins, which recovers most of the lost CD quality in old 22kHz soundtrack releases taken from game files available on PS2 and DC platforms.

Separate topic:
http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 7#p1055463

Here is an incomplete tracklist.
The result of remastering 22kHz files is gorgeous!

Tracklist:

Canopy Prelude
Meanwhile on Prison Ship
Grolem fight
Woods of Light Reprise
Pirates on Patrol
Pirates on Patrol Reprise
Prologue
Minisarious Plains
Update
New 20 remastered tracks by Audio & Music Lab 2016 Premium released.

The Teensie Circle              
Dark Swamp                                     
Extra ~ Rayman's Russian Dance                  
Extra ~ The Rain Dance ~ Globox                  
Extra ~ The Rain Dance                          
Globox's House                                                           
Guardian in the Sky ~ Prelude                                                      
Ly the Fairy.                                   
Paratroopers ~ Reprise                         
Paratroopers                                     
Saved by Clark                                 
The Celestial Slide ~ Reprise              
The Four Masks                                  
The Marshlands ~ Reprise 1                       
The Marshlands ~ Reprise 2                       
The Marshlands                               
The Sanctuary of Water and Ice ~ Reprise 1     
The Sanctuary of Water and Ice ~ Reprise 2     
The Sanctuary of Water and Ice                 
The Teensie Circle ~ Reprise 1                
The Top of the World ~ Dance Mix
buble
machine reprise         
minisarious reprise
pain and anqiush
boss boditank
and others
Main repository with all the files (only remastered, only PSX or only PSX remastered) to choose:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0zgoPTJGTn4dzhFcDVVak8zNEk&usp=sharing

Old mirror of remastered files:
https://yadi.sk/d/07ZZRV-grQmgZ
(That version on Google above is more recent and updated.
Jdownloader should download all files simultaneously on Google Drive too)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In the first link of the thread (compilation) you can listen and download mix of selected remastered files (PS2/DC/PSX) with remained PSX original version files. The most complete option, just to play all track available in 44kHz in the best quality currently available, one by one. There are no longer double files of the same track anymore in this folder (different versions) and I fixed file names and tags.

Currently, there are 46 tracks remastered, and more than half of it, from 22kHz to 44kHz! (never released before in such quality)
Rest of the tracks state mostly, original 44kHz PSX-only files.
Overall size: 1.06GB

NOTE: Some music has replay gain set in the files (volume gain/or decrease) which is not hardcoded, and not all music players read and use ReplayGain. I recommend to use Foobar (mobile or PC) to play this music. Sometimes I needed to gain volume because it was too quiet, or sometimes decrease volume beacause treble was too high (just my simple method used sometimes) and I didn't hardcode it.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PSX original files - unpacking, arranging, trimming;
How was it done?

Files have been extracted from PS1(X) version of Rayman 2. It guarantees the best quality from all previous releases of the soundtrack. Files are, as originally - 44khz, 4-5 parts of songs are 37800Hz, and they’re joined together in a few places. This version is the shortest from all game releases, but have been arranged well, I guess, so quality should reward that. And some songs are completed to Revolution.
There may be some shortcomings in the arrangement, I have a to-do list even, but I thinking about some ways of joining songs from other releases together.

First of all, I received 1-hour WAV file, which contained parts of all songs cut in a lot of small pieces separated by <80 ms silence, scattered in all file. Also, there were a few 37800Hz WAV files which contained few parts of songs more, and repeated parts, I had to sort it out. Droolpirat extracted all of it. Greetings to him and thanks for responses and discussion in this topic.

It took me 1 month. That was so many works and days for joining and arrange all of it together. That was complicated and exhausted and I tried to do this well. But it was worth it I guess.
Quality is the best from all previously known releases. DAW Reaper has been used at a certain stage for silence detection needed to split the segments, but a lot of work I made manually.

Separated segments/loops with names

I attaching file projects from Audacity with parts of songs which have been joined as final files then. Maybe they will be useful for someone one day. It's something like 1,5 GB in total... I don't wish to anyone work like this...
They're just separated parts of songs/loops from the initial stage of the project.
Download

https://yadi.sk/d/y4mXJtI2rQmhh
Currently on Raytunes is available only an old PS2 version of the R2 soundtrack for separate files download, or whole package in flac, but with link to this topic, so no worries.

Rayman 3 soundtrack remastered
And also check our new remastered by UBI,
unpacked from PS3 HD version and arranged by Droolie on my request.

Single files to listen and download (right click->save):
http://raytunes.raymanpc.com/

RARs
FLAC:
http://hosting.raymanpc.com/raytunes/music/R3-FLAC.zip
Mp3:
https://yadi.sk/d/KLSxF77GrQneU
My arrengements without frequency cut-off (not all tracks):
https://yadi.sk/d/OMAqNeMgrQnJ9
https://yadi.sk/d/C1R-yE5crQnHA

You're welcome to leave some comments.
Last edited by deton24 on Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:01 pm, edited 218 times in total.
dogman91
Lums
Tings: 45

Re: Rayman 2 High Quality (Audio CD - 44kHz) Soundtrack

Post by dogman91 »

I looked at Reaper too for silence detection and found it either cut too much or too little. It sounds like you put hell of a lot of work and research into this, and I'm really happy to see it completed! It's totally worth it for the extra sound quality; so now we have the high quality "abridged" soundtrack to go with the complete soundtrack on the main page!

I spliced the audio files together too, but just cut the silence in the order the tracks happened to be in and joined similar sounding parts. What you did looks WAY more properly put together.

32 minutes left of downloading... can't wait to listen.
deton24
Garatta Ciatik

Post by deton24 »

Yeah, that was really a hell of a lot of work...
I had to find good settings for Reaper, they wasn't perfect, but ok.
Reaper worked acceptable when tracks contained longer silence instead 80-100 ms.
That was one of steps to make everything proper.
That's a pity that we haven't communicate each other in production of this. Would be faster.
Process of arrange of tracks is quite unfinished still, but it will be finished. I don't know when.
Some tracks can be replaced in Raytunes, few are completed.
Can you say something about quality of Overworld?
Last edited by deton24 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dogman91
Lums

Post by dogman91 »

Sounds pretty dang amazing, I have to say. I think the arrangement of the splices is spot on, listening to the first five tracks.

As far as Overworld.... eh. It sounds like it lost a lot of fidelity somehow, especially noticeable with the harpsichord. I like the loop you did with it though.

Either way, thank you for all your work!

edit: what tracks are left to do? I can help.
dogman91
Lums

Post by dogman91 »

I'd say the 3rd one "sounds" the best, as it's the original, and the 1st one is the best in terms of looping. I know what you were trying to go for with the first one (for more clarity in the highs and a more 'thumping' bass) but the averse effects of whatever plugin you're using put way too much damage on the sound quality overall. I don't know what the heck happened with the 2nd one... the second loop of that sounds like the mids and lows were gutted with an EQ. Not good. I hear quite a bit of unwanted aliasing too with the highs. If you wanted my opinion on these.

Here is an (unprocessed) looped version I made: https://www.dropbox.com/s/beu1izggpb8p4 ... .flac?dl=0. Just copied and pasted and threw a fade at the end.

The rest of the soundtrack does sound really well put together, good work.
dogman91
Lums

Post by dogman91 »

I used the original file that I spliced myself a long time ago.
dogman91
Lums

Post by dogman91 »

Hey, I appreciate the work you done on the soundtrack and it sounds great, but I don't get this rigamarole with ranking the Overworld track(?)

From Droolie's yeah. The "third one" I don't know why is an option because it's basically not done (not looped), and has an unrelated jingle at the end.
deton24
Garatta Ciatik

Post by deton24 »

Loops are not a problem, sound is much more difficult to assess.
This rigamarole is because I collecting opinions about what refreshed version is the best to put in final release in future, and with which version I should work then yet. I worked with this refreshing very long. Loops are a piece of cake in this case.
Your tests are covering also with my observations. You should have not bad soundsystem :-)
Community! Feel free with yours opinions!
Thank you.
Last edited by deton24 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dogman91
Lums

Post by dogman91 »

Well my opinion is to use zero plugins or processing that alters the sound other than simple cuts and edits to preserve how the game's sound was originally intended. And the processing in those examples sounded pretty bad, to put it bluntly.
dogman91
Lums

Post by dogman91 »

It's the best out of those three options. I wouldn't mess with the files. 37800hz sounds pretty dang close to 44.1khz, if not indistinguishable. Better quality is good yeah, but like I said the processing in those examples didn't enhance the quality at all, so it's actually doing the opposite. You can't just throw a shitty plugin on something and it's automatically better. Even with plugins costing around $1000 (such as: http://www.waves.com/bundles/platinum?g ... 7Aodl1sAYw) you can make the wrong EQ choices and irreversibly damage the original audio for the worse.
deton24
Garatta Ciatik

Post by deton24 »

From these three options where original also was. So some progress is.
Yes, I know that it's hard to not just more damage than enchance. But everything is possible.
Still, uneven quality is audible to me. The hardest part of enchancing for me is just reference sound for everyone.
Snagglebee
Pti-lote
Tings: 2750

Post by Snagglebee »

That link is down.

Out of couriosity, why not use free file hosters like, MediaFire or MEGA? I'd prefer MEGA because I get there the full 100Mbps bandwidth :P
deton24
Garatta Ciatik

Post by deton24 »

I realised that you couldn't download second links outside my country...
Links updated

edit.
If you can't launch oboom links, run it from private mode of browser (without cookies), or just wait couple of seconds to load site.
Last edited by deton24 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.