Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Raymanni
Pâquerette
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:11 pm
Tings: 12835

Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by Raymanni » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:04 pm

Image
It took about 3 years, but its finally finished. I hope everything works and it's a great experience for you all! If you still find some bugs or crashing, report them immediately! :wink:

VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMVjqc0H6IQ

DOWNLOAD:
http://gamejolt.com/games/Rayman_The_Da ... ror/237701

One peaceful day, everything was going fine in the valley...
Until a great, dark storm arrived! No one knew where the sinister storm
had come from. Everyone trembled in fear, waiting for the storm to pass.
Suddenly, a giant red lightning bolt struck the Great Protoon!
Something was happening...
The dark powers of the storm caused the Great Protoon to create something terrible...
It laughed like a madman, and yelled:
"I will take over this place for the Great Darkness!"

The Dark Magician sarted to build his kingdom... He captured the Electoons
and created evil minions... Hope was almost lost... Until...
Rayman and his friends arrived to stop the evil plan!
But the Dark Magician was too strong! He captured Rayman and the real Magician.
They were taken into two different prisons!

Rayman must now regain his power and stop this madness!
Last edited by Raymanni on Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GOT4N
Électoon
Posts: 3425
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:10 pm
Tings: 10

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by GOT4N » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:37 pm

Thanks! Gonna test it :)

GOT4N
Électoon
Posts: 3425
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:10 pm
Tings: 10

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by GOT4N » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:53 pm

Okay, I did two levels and here my opinion:
The game is good, and you greatly made rayman 1 physics and all but I regret 3 things:
You can't grab ledge, which is pretty odd because you can run but not grab ledge
The fist is taking WAY too long to charge lol
You can literrally stunlock the hunter, which you can't do in Rayman 1
I'm gonna trying finish the game and i'll post a better opinion :p

Raymanni
Pâquerette
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:11 pm
Tings: 12835

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by Raymanni » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:56 pm

GOT4N wrote:Okay, I did two levels and here my opinion:
The game is good, and you greatly made rayman 1 physics and all but I regret 3 things:
You can't grab ledge, which is pretty odd because you can run but not grab ledge
The fist is taking WAY too long to charge lol
You can literrally stunlock the hunter, which you can't do in Rayman 1
I'm gonna trying finish the game and i'll post a better opinion :p
Thank you! I'm happy you like it.
Oh yeah, grabbing ledges, I hope you didn't try to do that on top of a pit of spikes. :mryellow:
I didn't really pay attention to the charged fist, but gladly you don't have to use it too many times in the game.

GOT4N
Électoon
Posts: 3425
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:10 pm
Tings: 10

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by GOT4N » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:11 pm

Raymanni wrote:
GOT4N wrote:Okay, I did two levels and here my opinion:
The game is good, and you greatly made rayman 1 physics and all but I regret 3 things:
You can't grab ledge, which is pretty odd because you can run but not grab ledge
The fist is taking WAY too long to charge lol
You can literrally stunlock the hunter, which you can't do in Rayman 1
I'm gonna trying finish the game and i'll post a better opinion :p
Thank you! I'm happy you like it.
Oh yeah, grabbing ledges, I hope you didn't try to do that on top of a pit of spikes. :mryellow:
I didn't really pay attention to the charged fist, but gladly you don't have to use it too many times in the game.
haha yes :P
Btw, is it normal the fist isn't kept between level? Like you have gold fist in level 1 then lost in after with no reason? XD
Thanks!:)

Raymanni
Pâquerette
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:11 pm
Tings: 12835

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by Raymanni » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:40 pm

GOT4N wrote:
Raymanni wrote:
GOT4N wrote:Okay, I did two levels and here my opinion:
The game is good, and you greatly made rayman 1 physics and all but I regret 3 things:
You can't grab ledge, which is pretty odd because you can run but not grab ledge
The fist is taking WAY too long to charge lol
You can literrally stunlock the hunter, which you can't do in Rayman 1
I'm gonna trying finish the game and i'll post a better opinion :p
Thank you! I'm happy you like it.
Oh yeah, grabbing ledges, I hope you didn't try to do that on top of a pit of spikes. :mryellow:
I didn't really pay attention to the charged fist, but gladly you don't have to use it too many times in the game.
haha yes :P
Btw, is it normal the fist isn't kept between level? Like you have gold fist in level 1 then lost in after with no reason? XD
Thanks!:)
Yes, I decided to reset the powerups between levels to allow some puzzle elements later on. ;)

GOT4N
Électoon
Posts: 3425
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:10 pm
Tings: 10

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by GOT4N » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:15 am

Raymanni wrote:
GOT4N wrote:
Raymanni wrote:
GOT4N wrote:Okay, I did two levels and here my opinion:
The game is good, and you greatly made rayman 1 physics and all but I regret 3 things:
You can't grab ledge, which is pretty odd because you can run but not grab ledge
The fist is taking WAY too long to charge lol
You can literrally stunlock the hunter, which you can't do in Rayman 1
I'm gonna trying finish the game and i'll post a better opinion :p
Thank you! I'm happy you like it.
Oh yeah, grabbing ledges, I hope you didn't try to do that on top of a pit of spikes. :mryellow:
I didn't really pay attention to the charged fist, but gladly you don't have to use it too many times in the game.
haha yes :P
Btw, is it normal the fist isn't kept between level? Like you have gold fist in level 1 then lost in after with no reason? XD
Thanks!:)
Yes, I decided to reset the powerups between levels to allow some puzzle elements later on. ;)
Cool! :)

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Posts: 12553
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:36 pm
Location: Right here, right now!
Tings: 176605

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by Rayfist » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:35 am

I remember playing the demo for this, so I'm interested in trying myself to see if any of the previous bugs I've suggested to you are fixed.
Image
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Raymanni
Pâquerette
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:11 pm
Tings: 12835

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by Raymanni » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:23 am

Rayfist wrote:I remember playing the demo for this, so I'm interested in trying myself to see if any of the previous bugs I've suggested to you are fixed.
I have tried to fix every bug that people have mentioned, I hope I didn't miss any of them. :wink:

Harpic fraîcheur
Rayman Origins
Posts: 26035
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:57 pm
Location: Au pays des prouts
Tings: 1236419

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by Harpic fraîcheur » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:12 pm

Nice! :D
I'm currently downloading the game. :)
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! 8)
Image Image
boomboleros7 wrote:Harpic est imbattable. Harpic est légendaire. Harpic est divin.

Raymanni
Pâquerette
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:11 pm
Tings: 12835

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by Raymanni » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:54 pm

Thanks everyone!

Here is an updated version with some critical bugs fixed:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qmftg ... ror+V2.zip
Your old savefiles should still work with this one. :wink:

Bradandez
Globox
Posts: 18589
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 am
Tings: 137530

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by Bradandez » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:57 pm

This seems fun. I'll give it a go sometime.

boomboleros7
Froutch
Posts: 5946
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:43 am
Location: France
Tings: 60615

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by boomboleros7 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:46 am

I've uploaded your game this afternoon, and I've already reach the third world.

For now, congratulations! It presents a real challenge! :up:
I will post my final opinion once I've completed the game.
Image

FunkyboardWizard
Pizzicatta
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:44 pm
Tings: 3110

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by FunkyboardWizard » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:18 pm

You're famous!!! go to 1:14!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jeZl_hGVqE

Raymanni
Pâquerette
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:11 pm
Tings: 12835

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by Raymanni » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:42 pm

FunkyboardWizard wrote:You're famous!!! go to 1:14!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jeZl_hGVqE
Haha, I've seen that already, and it's about the demo not the full game. ;)

Harpic fraîcheur
Rayman Origins
Posts: 26035
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:57 pm
Location: Au pays des prouts
Tings: 1236419

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by Harpic fraîcheur » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:52 am

Raymanni wrote:Here is an updated version with some critical bugs fixed:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qmftg ... ror+V2.zip
Your old savefiles should still work with this one. :wink:
Nice. I will try to download it.
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! 8)
Image Image
boomboleros7 wrote:Harpic est imbattable. Harpic est légendaire. Harpic est divin.

Ray502
Reflux
Posts: 12174
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:15 pm
Location: Somewhere
Tings: 120365

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by Ray502 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:24 pm

FunkyboardWizard wrote:You're famous!!! go to 1:14!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jeZl_hGVqE
Me as well, my fan games were featured in the video as well :)
Image

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Demo Available Now!)

FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556

boomboleros7
Froutch
Posts: 5946
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:43 am
Location: France
Tings: 60615

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by boomboleros7 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:52 pm

Okay, Raymanni. I finally find the time to complete your fan game at 100% (with 186 cages and every collectibles) :)
Now, it's time to post my opinion:

Story and characters
+ Pretty good story. It is as good as the R1/R2/R3 one, and better than the RO/RL ones.
+ A lot of new enemies.
+ Some familiar faces (the Musician, the Hunters...).
+ Some characters have a new look (Betilla's clothes, the Livingstones in vacation, the Hunters who shoot red bullets...).

Worlds and levels
+ A lot of levels to discover.
+ Original environments (Technological Towers, Secret Lab, Almost Space...).
+ R2-like environments (Tropical Isle, Brutal Burial Ground...).
+ Kind of RPG quests in the hubs.
- When you want to go back to a previous hub, you must cross the other ones. Too bad. I suppose you couldn't create a world map. You could create a main hub with a quick access to each hub.
- The game often slows down in the hubs.

Gameplay
+ Controls personalization.
+ No loading screen.
+ Numerous and useful save spots in the hubs.
+ When you know R1, the game is easy to pick up and play.
+ New and original powers.
- As GOT4N said, you can't grab ledge and the fist is taking way too long to charge.

Difficulty
+ It's as difficult as R1. Perfect.
+ The last worlds have the difficulty of REAL last worlds.
+ Like in R1, you can access to the last level only if you have freed every Electoons.
- I think the difficulty isn't balanced. Between two easy or medium levels, you can cross a pretty hard one.

Boss fights
+ There are some good bosses (Pascal, the Reaper...).
+ The two last bosses are epic, and "run and gun"-like.
+/- You have the possibility to pass the boss fights during backtracking. Too bad it doesn't work in the level Freeing the Magician.
- "Brutish play style" and damage boosting can help you to beat some bosses. And you don't want to lose life points in this game.

Music
+ Nothing to say. It's excellent.

Shops
+ The coin system is a good and original idea.
+ The cage and item detectors are very useful for backtracking.
+ Nice minigames. It reminds me Rayman Collector. Useful to farm Tings.
+ Rigatoni's Circus was pretty good. It took me time to find the exit.
+ Nice bonus characters. I love their animations.
- 50 coins for a life?! :shock:

Other
+ The first level, Special Prison, is perfect to farm lives. And you NEED lives to complete some levels.

To conclude, this fan game was excellent :up: I passed weeks on it.
If you still want to play it, go ahead. It's worthwhile.
Image

Raymanni
Pâquerette
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:11 pm
Tings: 12835

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by Raymanni » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:14 am

Thank you so much boomboleros7, it's nice to hear that people are actually able to complete the game, mainly because the difficulty scale can be a bit disbalanced like you said. :P

DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Femme
Posts: 6238
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:23 pm
Tings: 1772

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by DandyGuy » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:52 pm

Downloading now :D

Post Reply