Pluses (+) and minuses (−) of this day

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Steo
Globox Origins
Tings: 141210

Re: Pluses (+) and minuses (−) of this day

Post by Steo » Fri May 10, 2019 2:37 am

+ Went to my grandmothers today and talked to my cousin and uncle for a few hours to catch up.
+ I might be going on a little holiday soon.
Glas an dath is fearr liom!
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:44 pm
I have never thought Globox and Steo shared the exact traits after all until now.

The Jonster
Magicien
Tings: 72245

Post by The Jonster » Fri May 10, 2019 3:44 am

+ Ooh, sounds great! I wonder where to? Either way I hope you have lots of fun :D
+ I'm almost finished with my online Linux course, so next week I plan to start putting time aside to practice what I've learned in that class so I'll be certain I've understood the material clearly. From my experience of working on a Linux system in college, I still remember how to do some basic stuff such as copying and renaming files (cp and mv i think), and I have worked in a vi editor so I haven't forgotten much there. Though there still seems to be much for me to learn in Linux as I had no idea about things such as permissions, pipes, environment variables, aliases etc.
Condition: Blue
Steo wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:26 pm
^ reminds me of someone who can take a lot of criticism and still refuses to get angry with me. ^ is really friendly with others and < is actually impressed at this stage :)
Rayman 3 (PC) score: FC: 33608 | CF: 88622 | BOM: 58063 | TLOTLD: 107189 | DOTK: 103915 | TLS: 40980 | SBTC: 76805 | HH: 97162| TOTL: 94702| Total: 701046

Fifo
Murray
Tings: 21740

Post by Fifo » Fri May 10, 2019 5:59 am

The Jonster wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:44 am
+ I'm almost finished with my online Linux course, so next week I plan to start putting time aside to practice what I've learned in that class so I'll be certain I've understood the material clearly. From my experience of working on a Linux system in college, I still remember how to do some basic stuff such as copying and renaming files (cp and mv i think), and I have worked in a vi editor so I haven't forgotten much there. Though there still seems to be much for me to learn in Linux as I had no idea about things such as permissions, pipes, environment variables, aliases etc.
Ooh, nice! Good luck :)

Steo
Globox Origins

Post by Steo » Fri May 10, 2019 6:17 am

The Jonster wrote:
+ Ooh, sounds great! I wonder where to? Either way I hope you have lots of fun :D
To Waterford for a week with some family just to get away from here for a bit.

Linux is really interesting and we should all be learning as much as we can about it. :D
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
I have never thought Globox and Steo shared the exact traits after all until now.

Aaron
Joe
Tings: 54899

Post by Aaron » Sun May 12, 2019 6:53 pm

+ Played some co-op today in Portal 2 with jurebj and it was quite fun, we enjoyed it. :)
- There were some parts though like the maze for example when one of you goes through it and the other stands on the Heavy Duty buttons where we overcomplicated stuff when it was way easier and way more logical than we thokught, but I guess that goes along the way also.
- Online with random people in Portal 2 co-op is way worse tho, one person I've played against put way too many Wheatley space cores shoving me around left and right because he was a hacker.
+ I love the Space core, SSSSSPPPPAAAAAAACCCEEE!
+ I also love how the final portal you shoot is to the Moon, that's so cool. :)

Steo
Globox Origins

Post by Steo » Tue May 14, 2019 5:49 pm

+ Just topped up my phone today and got a monthly plan.
+ It's great to not be on bill pay. :D
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:

The Jonster
Magicien

Post by The Jonster » Wed May 15, 2019 5:55 am

Bills suck, congratulations on getting rid of bills! :D

Had a busy 3 days so far (including Sunday), with driving the next 3 days onward.
+ For Mothers' Day (yeah in America it's in May) my family went to a Korean bbq grill place for lunch. And yet, mom somehow ate less than the rest of us cuz she decided to get all the side dishes instead. :lol:
+ Yesterday my mom had some friends over so I helped her cook. Couldn't go anywhere for hours but once I did I got some job searching done.
+/- Today I was supposed to go get my trim and I had a gym appointment today, except strange circumstances have left me watching over my cousin's dog most of the day instead. Oh well, at least I had a good day anyways.
+ Still playing Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, but once I finish that I want to start replaying Rayman games I've played again (and finally finish up Legends' main story!).
Steo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:17 am
The Jonster wrote:
To Waterford for a week with some family just to get away from here for a bit.

Linux is really interesting and we should all be learning as much as we can about it. :D
Fifo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:59 am
Ooh, nice! Good luck :)
Thanks you guys! The more I listen to the course I realise just how little I actually DO know about Linux :P
It is indeed fascinating to learn. Someday I'd like to have a computer that just runs Linux and try to adjust to using that so I don't always have to depend on my Windows computer. :mrgreen:

And I hope you enjoy your holiday if you do decide to go! ;)
Last edited by The Jonster on Wed May 15, 2019 7:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Steo wrote:
^ reminds me of someone who can take a lot of criticism and still refuses to get angry with me. ^ is really friendly with others and < is actually impressed at this stage :)
Rayman 3 (PC) score: FC: 33608 | CF: 88622 | BOM: 58063 | TLOTLD: 107189 | DOTK: 103915 | TLS: 40980 | SBTC: 76805 | HH: 97162| TOTL: 94702| Total: 701046

Fifo
Murray
Tings: 21740

Post by Fifo » Wed May 15, 2019 6:16 am

+/- woke up at ~5AM

Steo
Globox Origins

Post by Steo » Fri May 17, 2019 5:09 am

- PC's have a lot of problems when you want to play games.
+ They're a lot more powerful than consoles when they actually decide to work properly.
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:

Aaron
Joe

Post by Aaron » Fri May 17, 2019 5:55 am

+ Have a perfect idea for a great test chamber in Portal 2 that's interesting and there's depth in it.

R4Y_ANC3L
Froutch
Location: https://youtu.be/kFxbZqu6eMM, Halogen Highway, Tetorigawa, Okehazama
Tings: 62245

Post by R4Y_ANC3L » Fri May 17, 2019 6:37 pm

Steo wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:09 am
- PC's have a lot of problems when you want to play games.
+ They're a lot more powerful than consoles when they actually decide to work properly.
You could be right about that. Though, It would be crazy that lag and other issues could just be deceiving us from knowing the "true video game console".
Lovemetal wrote:< definitly finds R4Y more frightening than Fifo's posts.
Greeness wrote:< wonders if being sexually attracted towards a cartoon character has a name.
Aaron wrote:^ actually got < to watch High School DxD, and while < likes most of it, some parts are just too much for <.

Aaron
Joe

Post by Aaron » Fri May 17, 2019 9:12 pm

+ Went karting again and it was flipping amazing! Well, in the beginning, I used the gas pedal sparingly, but after a while, I started to do that less and I learned how to steer with the steering wheel more effectively so I can take better turns and also faster. I was driving with my dad and it was really fun! We chose to go for 8 minutes instead of 4 because while 4 is cheaper, it's way too little time and you're gonna have to finish when you were just starting to feel it and truly get the hang of it. 8 minutes on the other hand is just enough because while it might be fun, it's also pretty tiring after a while but that goes without saying.

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Tings: 3115

Post by PluMGMK » Tue May 21, 2019 6:27 pm

– Hot
– Hungry
+ Very intense meeting today, which went on for almost seven hours! We worked through a lot of stuff and we're way more aligned on what's going on.
+ Got the go-ahead for two ideas I'd been wanting to try!

Steo
Globox Origins

Post by Steo » Tue May 21, 2019 6:52 pm

- Way too hot!
- Way too tired!

Help me! :lol:
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:

The Jonster
Magicien

Post by The Jonster » Wed May 22, 2019 2:10 pm

Beer? :beer:

- I didn't get much sleep last night, I'm probably going to end up napping in my car at least once today.
+ I finally finished reediting my resume last night though! Just need to get it checked by a job counselor today before I start again. :)
+ I've gotten started on the Back to Origins Paintings in Legends. Not as great as the original levels in my opinion, but still pretty nice. Currently working on Desert of Dijeridoos.
Steo wrote: