What is/was your favorite subject in school?

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Ray502
Poulet Zombie
Tings: 125

What is/was your favorite subject in school?

Post by Ray502 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:58 am

Mine used to be math in elementary school, mostly because I had the best grades in that subject and loved solving the simple variables with numbers. But it got a lot tougher as the years passed by, and my grades went from A's to low B's and C's. Since late middle school I have enjoyed science class much more, especially when it's learning about the universe.

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Demo Available Now!)

FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Tings: 3073

Re: What is/was your favorite subject in school?

Post by PluMGMK » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:23 am

I seem to recall surprising my teacher early in primary school by saying my favourite subject was Religion. I enjoyed learning about Jesus' life. But I think a big part of that was the fact that we rarely had to write much for that subject, and I didn't like writing!
I guess over the next few years, my preference shifted towards History, which probably continued into my first year in secondary school.
Then for second and third year, it was something of a toss-up between Maths and French (because this was when I first joined RaymanPC!).
In the second half of secondary school, it moved more towards Maths and Physics, which explains why I'm doing what I'm doing now.

Rsandee
Oumbr
Tings: 59460

Post by Rsandee » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:05 pm

Chemistry and Math.
I wish I'd have never chosen Chemistry as my university study though, I really want to study something with geography and languages next.

Ambidextroid
Jano
Tings: 85635

Post by Ambidextroid » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:50 pm

I've always liked science and in the past few years I've focused more on physics than the other sciences. I've also always loved electronics and machinery which I suppose has evolved into an interest in computing and programming (and to some degree product design which I used to do though I dropped it for maths and physics).

Speaking of maths, I do both maths and further maths as subjects but I really don't like maths at all. Some parts of maths I really dislike (statistics) and some I find alright (like mechanics) but I've never been actively interested in nor have I ever really enjoyed maths.

R4Y_ANC3L
Oumbr
Tings: 58940

Post by R4Y_ANC3L » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:01 pm

I can Remember my favourite primary school subjects were Science, Art and English Language and Grammar. They were a lot of fun. And to this day, Art still remained to be one of my favourite subjects. Right now in secondary school, Mine are Spanish, English Language and probably Literature.(and Social Studies even though the topics we were doing were Kinda long and a bit boring in Some cases)
What's Streaming Right Now?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
LOVΣ MΣTΛL wrote:< definitly finds R4Y more frightening than Fifo's posts.
Greeness wrote:< wonders if being sexually attracted towards a cartoon character has a name.

Aaron
Froutch
Tings: 62528

Post by Aaron » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:12 pm

My favourite subject is Biology. My second favourite is Chemistry.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Do music-related classes count? I think the most fun I ever had was in senior orchestra and jazz band.

Out of the standard curriculum, it changed depending on the year, though I was persistently fond of English, PE and biology. I also enjoyed and got high marks in religion classes, though I wouldn't really label them favourites because lol.

I really like math, especially pertaining to geometry/space and physics, but I sucked total shit at it at all points in time in school, because I only care at all when it when it's directly related to something I'm working on.

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:45 pm

Back in High School I enjoyed ICT, Physics, English and Graphics. As some folks know, we got screwed over in our graphics module, and we ended up getting switched to Product Design. Which wasn't too bad, but I was out of my depth at the time. Also, still very salty over the fact that we never did any programming in high school, doing work in Dreamweaver was as close as it got, and even then the majority of work was done in design view.

Wasn't too keen on working on databases and doing an extremely involved assignment. Fortunately, while Computing isn't the focus of my degree, I have been able to learn quite a bit of programming and software, though I still consider myself a complete novice compared to the guys here.

Bzzit
Bzzit
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:10 pm

English, History and Humanities!
Rayman is the best man

Lysol
Rayman 1
Tings: 150156

Post by Lysol » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:15 pm

Ray502 wrote:But it got a lot tougher as the years passed by, and my grades went from A's to low B's and C's. Since late middle school I have enjoyed science class much more, especially when it's learning about the universe.
Tssss, the ravages of drug use among young people. :tssk:

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:25 pm

I'm imagining 502 learning about the Universe :hap:

Harpic fraîcheur
Rayman Origins
Tings: 1028334

Post by Harpic fraîcheur » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:34 pm

wOw looks damn psykedelik
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! 8)
ImageImage
boomboleros7 wrote:Harpic est imbattable. Harpic est légendaire. Harpic est divin.
Sanhedrin wrote:“Il est autorisé d’avoir des rapports sexuels avec une fille de trois ans et un jour »

Steo
Rayman 2
Tings: 182618

Post by Steo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:27 pm

Favourite subject in Primary School was actually maths because I was good at it (not including computers / P. E.)

I lost interest in all that in secondary school when they started putting letters in the maths and it started to look like gobbledygook. My favourite subject became engineering with Woodwork/Construction second as I started to become good at it and engineering is something I couldn't do at home as I didn't have the tools. Almost all houses had a handsaw and some old wooden unneeded junk though to mess with :lol:
How much Ray may a Rayman man if a Rayman may Man Ray?
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687

The Jonster
Murfy
Tings: 63865

Post by The Jonster » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:48 am

i have had my favorite subjects fluctuate with each stage of school I went to. As a kid, I was into reading and I LOVED math (one of the only things that never changed in my lifetime), in fact so much I was often competing for best kid in the class with my friends (yeah we were all nerds).

In secondary school, I started losing my interest for English and picked up an interest in science and music, but I think it was the start of a decline for me as I started slacking a little and having more of a social life.

High school came, and it just all felt apart, though I started gaining an interest in languages. Only learned Spanish so far, but grades dropped and stopped being as freakishly annoying as I was when I was a youngster.

And now college and my later years, and the few subjects that are interesting and among my favorites are Computer Science, Mathematics, Music, and Languages, with other Sciences as my 5th! Since graduating from class a week ago, I have picked up a passion for coding and have started trying harder to work at it. My hope with this knowledge is to one day create something that can benefit the world as a whole.
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Steo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm

^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol:

Sir Rayland
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3270

Post by Sir Rayland » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:59 pm

English and Biology.
Hi, im working on a fangame :P

The Jonster
Murfy
Tings: 63865

Post by The Jonster » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:34 pm

My favourite subject in high school, I can definitely say, was my free period where I could leave school early and go home. :D
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Steo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm

^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol:

12RayChienne9
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5179

Post by 12RayChienne9 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:32 pm

My favourite subject is Information and Communication Technology (a subject introduced in secondary school/high school) because I want to be a video game designer. But I also like English.

Elite Piranha
Ambre Écueil
Tings: 6794

Post by Elite Piranha » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:47 am

Such a thing doesn't exist :mrgreen:.