Rayman Control Panel (Rayman PC tools & utilities)

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
kukrunar
Lums
Tings: 25

Re: Rayman Control Panel (Rayman PC tools & utilities)

Post by kukrunar »

Henchman1000 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:50 pm
kukrunar wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:26 pm Hey, I tried to install Rayman 2 from my disc on Win 10 today, after having realized that it would be an issue, I found this tool!
However while I now seem to be able to install the game via the Control Panel, nothing happens when I press launch.

I don't really know what to ask, but yeah does anyone know what the issue could be? Are there any setting I have to fix? I've tried turning off my anti-virus software and relaunched the Control Panel, but nada.
Have you tried setting graphics via Rayman Control Panel? I think I experienced that too.
This may be handy too: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Rayma ... eat_Escape
Yeah, I've tried playing with the settings. Trying resolutions like 640x480 and fixed for the display and tried the different APIs.
I believe I've checked that site out before I got here, but I can't say for sure, as it's down atm.
Henchman1000
Fantasnip
Tings: 1280

Post by Henchman1000 »

I see.
Reason why I linked that site (yeah, it's down at the moment) is because of the use of nGlide and dgVoodoo for the graphical settings that allow you to play on full screen and/or with 60 fps or higher. There are instruction of their installation there, you can also find some tutorial online.
I personally would recommend dgVoodoo if you plan to capture screenshots and/or record videos, but you do what suits you best.
Attachments
dgVoodoo.PNG
dgVoodoo.PNG (197.87 KiB) Viewed 6026 times
kukrunar
Lums

Post by kukrunar »

Henchman1000 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:22 pm I see.
Reason why I linked that site (yeah, it's down at the moment) is because of the use of nGlide and dgVoodoo for the graphical settings that allow you to play on full screen and/or with 60 fps or higher. There are instruction of their installation there, you can also find some tutorial online.
I personally would recommend dgVoodoo if you plan to capture screenshots and/or record videos, but you do what suits you best.
I tried nGlide and the fix for the widescreen resolution. With just nGlide, the games starts running in the background but nothing happens.
With widescreen resolution it says that I'm missin some dll files. Tried to check out dgvodoo but didn't find any info on how to use it.
Henchman1000
Fantasnip
Tings: 1280

Post by Henchman1000 »

kukrunar wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:47 pm I tried nGlide and the fix for the widescreen resolution. With just nGlide, the games starts running in the background but nothing happens.
With widescreen resolution it says that I'm missin some dll files. Tried to check out dgvodoo but didn't find any info on how to use it.
Does it specify which .dll files are missing with widescreen res perhaps? nGlide required you to put, if I remember correctly, "Glide2.dll", "GliV1vf.dll" and "GliDX6vf.dll" (or 2 of them) in "Rayman 2>DLL" folder (where you installed the game). Links for their download should be in the link I gave you earlier (site is up btw).

DgVoodoo is a wrapper that allows you to play old games on modern systems. The installation consists of putting dgVoodoo.exe and some .dll files (depending on the game in question and related supported graphics) in the game folder, running that wrapper and setting the graphics and then run the game.
dgVoodooInst.PNG
dgVoodooInst.PNG (47.01 KiB) Viewed 5987 times
Like with nGlide, you need some .dll files as well. All these files you need are in the downloaded DgVoodoo folder among the executable, its .conf file and instructions.
I followed this tutorial to make Rayman 2 work, even if for another game, to set dgVoodoo:
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8652

Post by deton24 »

Glivd1vf.dll is necessary only for x32 (x32 fix is Glide exclusive), placing Glide2x.dll not always (nGlide hooks globally in most cases).
We've got already similar issue with launching the game. If still nothing, check this out:
viewtopic.php?p=1424893#p1424893
Last edited by deton24 on Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610024

Post by Hunchman801 »

We have someone on the French forums that is apparently getting a missing CD error when trying to start the original game with RCP (they tried with the CDs for Rayman, Rayman Gold and Rayman Collector). Sounds familiar anyone?
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Hunchman801 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:26 pm We have someone on the French forums that is apparently getting a missing CD error when trying to start the original game with RCP (they tried with the CDs for Rayman, Rayman Gold and Rayman Collector). Sounds familiar anyone?
I haven't added an installer for the DOS games yet, but this is how I recommend to get them to work:
- Copy the RAYMAN folder (or RAYKIT for Designer, RAYFAN for By his Fans etc.) to your computer
- Locate this folder in RCP
- In RCP, go to the game options (by pressing the drop-down arrow on the game) and set the mount path (either to the disc drive or the disc image if using bin/cue files)
- Set the DOSBox path in the RCP settings
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Thanks, this seems to have worked. They're reporting that the music isn't playing though, only the sound effects.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

You're right indeed, I guess I can't read French anymore. :fou2:
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

I made a utility to fix that (which reminds me I should update it now that I actually know the exact format of the files from working with ray1map :p). To fix it:
- Go to the options in RCP by pressing the drop-down on the game
- Go to the Utilities tab
- Press "Repair" under "Repair configuration"
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Thanks, apparently this is what they did first and it caused their game to crash so they copied the files ray.lng and rayman.cfg that Rayman Plus created to the RCP Rayman folder and this got the sound effects to work, but not the music.
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

I'm surprised it caused the game to crash. Which version of the game are they using? Might be worth trying another one.
Not sure why the music wouldn't play. Does it say that music is enabled in DOSBox when the game is launching? Are they running directly from a disc or a disc image file?
The game is a bit annoying with its configuration as everything is set in the .cfg file during installation and then the game doesn't provide a way to edit it. The repair utility I made simply replaces the .cfg with a properly setup one for DOSBox.
Also, I would not recommend copying the .lng file between any versions. The game checks its checksum whenever you launch the game, and if it doesn't match it crashes. Most versions modified that file slightly, so it won't work to copy it.
kukrunar
Lums

Post by kukrunar »

Henchman1000 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:53 pm
kukrunar wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:47 pm I tried nGlide and the fix for the widescreen resolution. With just nGlide, the games starts running in the background but nothing happens.
Does it specify which .dll files are missing with widescreen res perhaps? nGlide required you to put, if I remember correctly, "Glide2.dll", "GliV1vf.dll" and "GliDX6vf.dll" (or 2 of them) in "Rayman 2>DLL" folder (where you installed the game). Links for their download should be in the link I gave you earlier (site is up btw).

DgVoodoo is a wrapper that allows you to play old games on modern systems. The installation consists of putting dgVoodoo.exe and some .dll files (depending on the game in question and related supported graphics) in the game folder, running that wrapper and setting the graphics and then run the game.
dgVoodooInst.PNG
Like with nGlide, you need some .dll files as well. All these files you need are in the downloaded DgVoodoo folder among the executable, its .conf file and instructions.
I followed this tutorial to make Rayman 2 work, even if for another game, to set dgVoodoo:
Hey, sorry for the late reply!
EDIT: Thanks for the tutorial, I got it to start now! I'm not getting any sound however. :(
Last edited by kukrunar on Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kukrunar
Lums

Post by kukrunar »

deton24 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:28 pm I've never seen such issue before, but maybe try one of the solutions here:
viewtopic.php?t=26077
Thanks, that's a massive list, but I''ll try o go through it :mrgreen:
manuth
Lums Rouge
Tings: 50

Post by manuth »

Hello @RayCarrot
For making installing and using Rayman Control Panel even more easy I'd like to create a Chocolatey package for it (Chocolatey is a package manager for Windows).
Would you mind me creating such a package?
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

I'm not too familiar with that, but sure that's fine. RCP is distributed as a single exe not requiring any installation though, so I'm not sure how much you'd gain from using a package manager for it.
manuth
Lums Rouge
Tings: 50

Post by manuth »

No worries - you might consider Chocolatey something similar to apt-get or brew.
The main advantages are, that you don't have to worry about where to store RCP, having RCP appearing in the start menu and the ability to start RCP simply by invoking "rayman-cp" on a console.

Apart from that the user-experience remains untouched ^^

I, btw, published the package some hours ago and it's under moderation atm:
https://chocolatey.org/packages/rayman-controlpanel