List of ranks

Pirate-Community Members' Forum.

Moderator: English moderators

Rayman Saturn
Chef Dragon
Tings: 19725

Re: List of ranks

Post by Rayman Saturn »

If I could make a personal suggestion for the new list, I think Mr Dark in his UbiArt version should replace Shadow Ray as the highest evil rank, while the original Mr Dark would still be used at the same level as Rayman 1. Shadow Ray isn’t even considered a baddie and his only bad trait is to look like Dark Rayman.
After all, the current Mr Dark is by far the most evil-looking character in the UbiArt games, and while appearing in Rayman Mini, he’s easily the one with the most personality. He’s also currently the latest villain to appear in the series. That would still be better than having hundred versions of Rayman. :hap:
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Location: An tír ina labhraítear (beagán ar fad) an teanga ina bhfuil sé seo scríofa
Tings: 3470

Post by PluMGMK »

Fantastic suggestion! I think that'd be much more fitting indeed, and allow us to keep Dark's traditional appearance around too. (Though there is a separate question as to whether or not the current rank image is the best one of him that we could use, since it comes from the Rayman Junior intro!)
Saint Brigid's Day was 1 Feb, but I can wear this for the rest of the month, especially since I can't enter it in the SOTM!

Android: How to block an image you don't like
It's good to learn from the past: read the Pirate-Community Documentary!
Other things you should know about this site
Elite Piranha
Murray
Tings: 21180

Post by Elite Piranha »

It would be great to have the UbiArt version of Mr Dark as a rank. About the original version, I'm not a big fan of the current image, I like this one better:

About my list, I'm still working on it, I hope I can finish it soon.
Rayman Saturn
Chef Dragon
Tings: 19725

Post by Rayman Saturn »

The GBC version does look great! While the original from Rayman 1 woud be more representative, this one does look a lot better especially as a profile picture.
If there’s any picture that should be used for classic Mr Dark, I’ll say it’s this one. Though, I wouldn’t complain if the Junior version ends up being kept.
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
Elite Piranha
Murray

Post by Elite Piranha »

This is my list: https://raymanpc.com/wiki/en/User:Elite ... evelopment

Some of the changes that were made:
  • The lums are grouped together.
  • Blue lum paired with Piranha: one gives you oxygen, the other one eats the bubbles you need to survive underwater.
  • Creature (Legends) paired with Dark creature (Legends): self-explanatory.
  • Monk paired with Mariachi: both music related.
  • Murfy higher than Uglette: I think Murfy is a more prominent character.
  • André paired with Ly: André was the one that gave the motivation to Reflux to steal the sceptre and turned him into the final boss; Ly was the one that gave Rayman the Silver lum and helped him in his quest to defeat Razorbeard.
PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Location: An tír ina labhraítear (beagán ar fad) an teanga ina bhfuil sé seo scríofa

Post by PluMGMK »

Ah yes, I'd forgotten all about Dark Creatures! I think for the most part it's making more sense now. :up: In particular, I think Murfy with the General is a good choice, since they're both kinda counsellors.

Some points:
:arrow: The Slapdash is now way below the other Hoodlums, but that doesn't really matter.
:arrow: I think the Walking Shell is too high (and I admit it was that way on my list too). Maybe we could move it between the Photographer and Paluchard, as a minor helper from Rayman 2? We could also replace the Minotaur with the Toad, since Olympus Maximus is already represented by the Dark Creature now, whereas Toad Story and 20000 Lums Under the Sea currently aren't.
:arrow: Maybe we could replace the Janod with an Angry Bird Red Bird, so that the Desert of Dijiridoos is represented.
:arrow: For the Tentacle Claw, we should probably use the light-blue killable variant since it's so low on the list, and that way we clearly represent the Sea of Serendipity too.
:arrow: It's probably better to use Eig than the Sea Dragon indeed, since the current arrangement puts the latter several levels above the Mechanical Dragon.
:arrow: I'm not sure about the placement of Ludivs in the middle of the "Rayman's allies" section – technically, they're fairies (although it would be hard to justify putting them any higher). I'm at a loss as to who else we could put there though… It's a pity there are no good witches in Rayman!
:arrow: I notice you swapped Sergueï with Reflux 1. In principle it makes sense, but it still feels funny to have Reflux so low (even if he appears again near the top). Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
:arrow: I also notice you replaced the normal Knaaren with Gumsi. I'm not sure about this, since Gumsi is considered neutral (but so is Umber I guess), and that position is a bit low for him. Maybe we should leave that as the Knaaren, with a sort of "connection by proxy" via Gumsi to the First King?

We're nearly there. Thanks for working on this! :up:
Saint Brigid's Day was 1 Feb, but I can wear this for the rest of the month, especially since I can't enter it in the SOTM!

Elite Piranha
Murray

Post by Elite Piranha »

Btw, I forgot to mention that I have the feeling that Gandalf and the Flaming Teensie are a bit low (specially considering that the latter is the main antagonist of a game), maybe they could be placed between Otto and The First King.
PluMGMK wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:51 pm :arrow: It's probably better to use Eig than the Sea Dragon indeed, since the current arrangement puts the latter several levels above the Mechanical Dragon.
You're right, I didn't pay attention to that.
PluMGMK wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:51 pm :arrow: I'm not sure about the placement of Ludivs in the middle of the "Rayman's allies" section – technically, they're fairies (although it would be hard to justify putting them any higher). I'm at a loss as to who else we could put there though… It's a pity there are no good witches in Rayman!
Well, I guess Clara is a good witch according to the wiki.
PluMGMK
Pizzicatta

Post by PluMGMK »

Elite Piranha wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:00 am Btw, I forgot to mention that I have the feeling that Gandalf and the Flaming Teensie are a bit low (specially considering that the latter is the main antagonist of a game), maybe they could be placed between Otto and The First King.
Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure the Flaming Teensie is not a single character though. It's more a class of Teensies, like the Nookins and such. Within that group, there are playable Flaming Teensies (presumably good), the Flaming Teensies who open the Tricky Treasure levels (probably neutral), and then the (evil) Flaming Teensie(s) who shrink the protagonists (which apparently now include playable Flaming Teensies!) in Rayman Mini. So yeah, probably no need to put them higher…
Elite Piranha wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:00 am
PluMGMK wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:51 pm :arrow: I'm not sure about the placement of Ludivs in the middle of the "Rayman's allies" section – technically, they're fairies (although it would be hard to justify putting them any higher). I'm at a loss as to who else we could put there though… It's a pity there are no good witches in Rayman!
Well, I guess Clara is a good witch according to the wiki.
I knew there was something in the back of my mind about a good witch in some obscure spin-off. Well, we could indeed use her, but then maybe we'd have to go back and include other spin-off characters. :hap: Anyone else have any thoughts?

Elite Piranha
Murray

Post by Elite Piranha »

PluMGMK wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:17 pm Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure the Flaming Teensie is not a single character though. It's more a class of Teensies, like the Nookins and such. Within that group, there are playable Flaming Teensies (presumably good), the Flaming Teensies who open the Tricky Treasure levels (probably neutral), and then the (evil) Flaming Teensie(s) who shrink the protagonists (which apparently now include playable Flaming Teensies!) in Rayman Mini. So yeah, probably no need to put them higher…
I always thought that the Flaming Teensy was a previous Teensie king (just like The First King), besides the official descriptions refer to him as a singular character and not as a group of characters. For me it was kind of weird to see him below Pink and the Heckler, but I guess that as long as he is close to the Teensie queen and kings (royalty), I'm ok with it.