I want to thank RayCarrot for making an amazing and super easy to use UI for these mods and Got4n for creating this really cool video and helping me test the Steam version. And both of them for putting up with me constantly adding features and dragging this on for weeks.
To clarify, this is a mod for the PC version of the game. Everything in this video AND MORE is playable if you have the GOG or Steam version of Rayman Raving Rabbids installed (other versions are probably not supported). You just need Rayman Control Panel.
Apart from the already impressive features shown off in the video, you can:
- Play Duel a.k.a. "Bunnies are shooting all over the place", the lost minigame (only fully works in multiplayer)
- Explore almost every map in the game as Rayman. The Bunny Hunts are especially impressive! My favorite level to explore as prototype Rayman sadly didn't make the video (it's Bunnies love digging tunnels, with Bunnies aren't scared of the dark a close second).
- View debug info
- Discover prototype rabbid powers not showcased in the video and never seen in any trailer. I'll let you discover these for yourselves :p
- Kick Globox babies. I wonder why they even bothered adding those Unicef videos.
- Enable a scrapped flashlight mechanic (in Bunnies aren't scared of the dark. Perhaps originally needing a flashlight for this level was the reason for the level's name?)
- Play as 8 different characters aside from Rayman
- Fight rabbids with fur
- Modify various parameters such as Rayman's HP, Rabbid HP
- And more
If you try it out (and I hope you will), I recommend you play with a gamepad - an Xbox 360 gamepad does the job really nicely. The game was made with gamepads in mind, though I modded in keyboard controls for those who don't have a gamepad they can use.
If you use an Xbox 360 gamepad, the controls are as follows:
- A: Jump / Hold in the air to use helicopter. Keep tapping to gain extra height. Double tap when mounted to dismount.
- X: Attack
- Y: Use grappling hook
- LB: Toggle light / Hold to control dance tempo if enabled
- LT: Look mode if enabled
- RB: Attack / Press or hold to use finishers if enabled
- RT: Dodge roll / Ground pound / Roll and jump multiple times to boost if enabled. This boosts mounts as well.
- D-Pad Up: Toggle dance mode. In dance mode, press ABXY or use the left analog stick to perform dance moves
- Left analog stick: Move Rayman
- Right analog stick: Camera controls if enabled
- Back: Noclip mode (very useful if you're stuck or if you fall through the floor. Expect to use this a lot)
- Start: Pause
You can get Rayman Control Panel at https://raym.app/ .
Update (14/10/2021): Here's a look at some work-in-progress mods based on the Prototype Restoration mod.