Rayman: The Board Game

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
DaveRattlehead
El Stomacho
Tings: 23501

Rayman: The Board Game

Post by DaveRattlehead »

We have some new Rayman content! It isn't a new game, but it seems interesting. What are your thoughts on this? :)
Discover Rayman® like never before in an all-new board game adventure! Team up with your favorite heroes in an epic race, dodging dangers and saving the Teensies! Designed by the acclaimed Maxime Tardif (EARTH) and FLYOS, the game promises thrilling action for 2 to 5 players, ages 7 to 77. Become a legend in the Glade of Dreams, and be ready for the launch in Q3 2024.
Ithasmore
Mouru
Tings: 3530

Re: Rayman: The Board Game

Post by Ithasmore »

I just saw this a couple hours ago, and im pretty excited! It isnt Rayman 4, but it still looks fun. I wonder if its gonna have anything from the original trilogy, as it seems like its themed around Rayman Legends.
lumgum
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 10863

Post by lumgum »

Well, I guess in a certain sense, it is a new game actually. :lol:

Joking aside, I am interested in this. I'll have to see exactly what the gameplay is like before I decide if I want to buy it, but for now, those models look pretty good. Assuming the 5 characters depicted on the box are the 5 characters available to play as, I greatly anticipate being able to own official Murfy merchandise.

Dark Rayman says hi! I'm also still in Candy Chateau!
My current rank is: Medieval Dragon! Perhaps some minty freshness will cool down that breath!
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 103760

Post by PluMGMK »

Looks like fun! Reminds me of that brief phase in my youth where I was dreaming up board games with complicated rules :hap:

But isn't Rayman Legends kinda… yesterday's news at this point? It's been over a decade… :mefiant:
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123610

Post by Elite Piranha »

At first I thought it was fan made or a joke, but I'm glad it is real, I would like to see how the other figures look. Also, I wonder how they define what is the maximum age for playing this game.
lyndo64
El Luchador
Tings: 20885

Post by lyndo64 »

It seems like Ubisoft has been showing more interest in Rayman recently, between this, SoH, CL, and the Youtooz, maybe Rayman 4 isn't impossible after all... :shock:
I get to alphabetize my sausages :proud:
Greengoop
Nuée maléfique
Tings: 31685

Post by Greengoop »

Wow, a rayman board game?! :P sound like great fun, I feel like I’d have to buy it when (if) it releases
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

lyndo64 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:35 am It seems like Ubisoft has been showing more interest in Rayman recently, between this, SoH, CL, and the Youtooz, maybe Rayman 4 isn't impossible after all... :shock:
I salute your optimism :noel:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610584

Post by Hunchman801 »

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I'm happy to see new Rayman stuff, but on the other hand, it feels a bit like they're just milking it. Like PluM said, Rayman Legends is yesterday's news, and it's a bit too easy to dig it up from its grave more than ten years later and earn royalties on the sales of a board game licensed after it.

Take Resident Evil, for example: Steamforged Games released a series of really nice board games for the franchise, but for the most part they coincided with the release of new video games, too. You can't say the same for Rayman.

Anyway, I'm still curious and optimistic about the game itself, and I'll certainly get it when it comes out, but that's still not the Rayman 4 we're all waiting for. :hap:
Elite Piranha wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:19 am Also, I wonder how they define what is the maximum age for playing this game.
It's just a phrase that was apparently coined by the Tintin magazine in 1947. It's often used for tabletop games.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I remember an electronics kit rated for ages 8-108 :hap:
Greengoop
Nuée maléfique

Post by Greengoop »

Poor 109 year olds who wanted that for their birthday… :nostalgic:
TriangulumDelta
Incrediball
Tings: 390

Post by TriangulumDelta »

Ubisoft will release literally anything but a new Rayman game huh
DaveRattlehead
El Stomacho
Tings: 23501

Post by DaveRattlehead »

It would be great to see not only the UbiArt models, but also the main trilogy ones.

That said, it's good to see they're at least giving Rayman some relevance, but do you know what's the proper way to give him even more relevance, right? :)
Greengoop
Nuée maléfique

Post by Greengoop »

Unfortunately, if we get a new rayman game it’ll probably be ubi art :mefiant:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

DaveRattlehead wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:45 pm It would be great to see not only the UbiArt models, but also the main trilogy ones.
Well, the box is entirely Rayman Legends-themed, so I doubt it. UbiArt was fun, but I really wish they'd move on to something new, now.
clue4u
Lums Noir
Tings: 60

Post by clue4u »

PluMGMK wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:37 pm But isn't Rayman Legends kinda… yesterday's news at this point? It's been over a decade… :mefiant:
Its old yes, but its also the most recent Rayman game we have. Unless you want the game to be based on Rayman Mini :P

I suppose they could make the game based on ALL Rayman games, but I really like legends, so I dont mind the board game being based on it.

Also, to my knowledge, its the best selling Rayman game, so of course the would want to capitalize on it.
Greengoop
Nuée maléfique

Post by Greengoop »

clue4u wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:06 pm
Also, to my knowledge, its the best selling Rayman game, so of course the would want to capitalize on it.
As well as the only one 6 year olds know of :mefiant:
clue4u
Lums Noir
Tings: 60

Post by clue4u »

Greengoop wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:05 pm
I dont see how it being the only one 6 year olds know of is bad thing, i'd rather they only know of Rayman from legends then not know him at all.
Greengoop
Nuée maléfique

Post by Greengoop »

clue4u wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:10 pm
Greengoop wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:05 pm
I dont see how it being the only one 6 year olds know of is bad thing, i'd rather they only know of Rayman from legends then not know him at all.
That is actually a really fair point, but I still wanna scream when somebody says “rayman from rayman legends” grrrr, I can feel my fists curling up already
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

The thing is, it's not only the six-year-olds! I'll just quote what I wrote here:
Hunchman801 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:52 pm One thing I strongly disagreed with however was in that interview about the making of Rayman in the Phantom Show, where Romain Brillaud, the audio director, states that Rayman's musical identity is indissociable from Christophe Héral, who goes on to say that Rayman's "musical palette" is one of "ukuleles, jew's harps, kazoos and whistles". I must disagree with this generalization. While it is true for Héral's take on the series, and more broadly for all of the UbiArt titles, this is absolutely not the case for the musical universes of Rayman 1, 2 and 3, which are just as inherent to the series as that of Origins and Legends.
I don't think it would have come to mind for Steamforged to release a board game called just "Resident Evil" and theme it after one specific episode of the series, even the latest one. But for Rayman, it just feels natural to reduce the series to its UbiArt titles nowadays. Considering that for many fans, those games were just a fun interlude and that it's now high time Ubi resumed the main series where they left off after Rayman 3, this can sometimes leave a bitter aftertaste.